Start by marking “Protecting Francis (Yearning Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Francis (Yearning Love, #2)

Protecting Francis (Yearning Love #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  438 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Francis thought he had it all until danger came into his life…and he realised the man he’d always liked had become the one man he longed to love.

When Francis agreed to let his cousin stay at his place, he had no idea it would trigger a chain of events that would change his life forever. Bill Timmons had watched Francis for months waiting for the perfect time to insert hims
Published September 19th 2011 by Total-E-Bound (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Francis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Francis

Rosa, really
File this under stuff I read when I'm so tired I just want my jack rabbit-like brain to shut the fuck up.

description

Thank you, Arnold. But you forgot to use the word "fuck." You fuck up.

Okay.

Francis is beautiful, rich & selfless. Bill is the regular Joe who digs him.

Will their potential love survive a stalker, a visiting homophobic cousin & multiple trips to the hospital?

Well, of course, sillies!

I was looking for a light, fluffy read that required little to no brain function. That’s exactly what
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
2.75

Ask and ye shall receive thy bounty that shall come when ye should be resting but ye have woken and chosen to read while you partake of carrot cake and fruit punch.

Yes, I woke up in the middle the middle of the night and realized that Monday had gone by without me checking out Total-e-bound's new releases. Lo and behold, there was a new Amber Kell just waiting for me to pounce on it.

Protecting Francis is the semi-sequel to Taking Care of Charlie. It's about Marcus' beautiful friend Francis
Ami
This is the second short story (about 58 pages) in the Yearning Love series and it features Francis and Bill. Both appears in book #1: Francis is Marcus's friend while Bill helped to find Charlie when he was kidnapped.

Just like book #1, I don't think I can give coherent opinion. The story is rather flat without any in-depth / intense conflict. Bill has been yearning for Francis and he is determined to make Francis sees him differently. Francis has been falling for losers and he wonders if Bill i
Phaney
Feb 11, 2014 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Again, cute. A happy little snack, if you will.

Of course there’s a little too much stereotype-riddled plot crammed into such a brief story, but this is par for the course in this case and I don’t really mind.
If anything, it felt kind of… malnourished. I would have liked a bit more depth and actual investment into the characters.

Even so, it definitely had its moments.
Tam
Francis is a perfect drop dead gorgeous lawyer who all the boys and most of the girls want. However he doesn't have much luck with boyfriends. Bill, one of the investigators employed by his law firm has been chasing him, but Francis doesn't date people he works with, however when Bill shows up just as Francis is going out with friends, he invites him along and Bill makes the most of the opportunity to woo Francis. To add a bit of conflict, Francis' aunt has asked that her no-good son stay with h ...more
Portia
This review first appeared on MM Good Book Reviews - http://www.mmgoodbookreviews.wordpres...

In my humble opinion, Amber Kell is the Queen of the Novella. She manages to churn out sweet romances with just enough heat to keep me coming back for more. Protecting Francis is the second in the Yearning Love series. I liked it better than Taking Care of Charlie. In that book, Charlie had issues and Marcus was his knight in shining armor. In Protecting Francis, Francis is so not in need of protecting.
TracyGee
Another good read from Amber.
I do like these quick easy reads with great characters.
I never would of guessed who was after Francis, fantastic story line.
Loved the HEA
Arthur

Quite nice, sweet story. Bill and Francis had had eyes on each other for a while, but only recently got together. When his dear aunt asked him to host his cousin Ray for a month, Francis agreed to it begrudgingly. While Francis was on a date with Bill, Ray was attacked inside Francis home. Who did that? Would it affect their still fragile relationship?

It's a quick relatively angst free reading.
Jen
A second sweet romance. I didn't care for this one as much as the first. There were too many girly moments where it felt like the author rattled this one out in her own voice. What I call "women with man-parts" syndrome. Not as bad as other stories I've read like that, though, so I'm keeping this at 3 stars instead of 2. A light touch of mystery in it, but nothing deep.
CB
A great short story following Taking Care of Charlie - although you don't have to read that one first, it's another short story and those MC's are mentioned and show up several times so it's worth it.

All the characters are sexy and the stories are fast paced (which they have to be since they are short) but well done.

A very engaging series and a great afternoon read.
Diane
I'm a huge fan of Amber Kell so my reviews could potentially be biased each time, but I like the premise of this that a really good looking guy cannot find someone to like him for anything beyond what they see and assume about what they see.
It's a short, enjoyable read and I would recommend it, it was a nice way to spend part of Sunday afternoon!
Tina
2.5 Stars

Both characters are introduce in the first book of this series. "Taking Care of Charlie"

I was really looking forward to reading their tale.

NOTE: This book is not only first person but it goes back and forth between the two main characters.

L-D
About 3.5 stars. This was a cute short story. It was really too short for any serious character or plot development, but it did a decent job despite that fact. I think I liked this better as part of a series. As a standalone it would be more like 3 stars.
Isabella
This second story in the series, while still a little too short for my taste, it was as beautiful as its predecessor. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
Brenda (b)
This wasn't a very long story--the PDF file is 58 pages. It was a quick read and I'd call it light in spite of the crime that occurs.
Meggie
I have say, this was enjoyable short novella, even if it was to short. I liked Francis and Bill, they were great couple.
Maya
Meh. Ami said in her review that this book is flat and I couldn't agree more.
Sabine
I like a lot. I bit short for my taste, but anyway I like it.
Emily
Amazing book, amber kell never disapoints
Betryal
*** 4.5 ***
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Tamilyn Watkins
Tamilyn Watkins marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
  • Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder, #1)
  • A Game of Chances (Farmingdale Gentleman's Club, #1)
  • Reasonable Doubt (Boys in Blue, #2)
  • Lift Your Voice
  • The Only Easy Day (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Mistletoe and Submission
  • Everything That You Are
  • Happy's Ever After (Cade Creek, #1)
  • Personal Training (Work Out, #6)
  • Slow Dance (Orgasmic Texas Dawn, #3 )
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2)
  • What Remains (Southern Spirits, #6)
  • Incoming Freshman (Campus Cravings, #13)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...

Yearning Love (3 books)
  • Taking Care of Charlie (Yearning Love, #1)
  • In Broussard's Care (Yearning Love #3)
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)