Start by marking “Evidentialism and Its Discontents” as Want to Read:
Evidentialism and Its Discontents

Evidentialism and Its Discontents

Few concepts have been considered as essential to the theory of knowledge and rational belief as that of evidence. The simplest theory which accounts for this is evidentialism, the view that epistemic justification for belief--the kind of justification typically taken to be required for knowledge--is determined solely by considerations pertaining to one's evidence. In this ...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published August 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Evidentialism and Its Discontents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evidentialism and Its Discontents

Clayton Littlejohn
Nov 06, 2013 Clayton Littlejohn rated it really liked it
Why four stars rather than five? I thought that most of the papers in this collection were excellent, but I was really disappointed by Conee and Feldman's responses to their critics. The responses were often dismissive and involved a lot of 'bullet missing'. If I were scoring the debate, I'd say this:

* Dougherty's arguments for propositionalism were completely convincing. Conee and Feldman's response struck me as implausible, desperate, and (unfortunately) rhetorical.

* Goldman's challenge real
Tommi
Tommi rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Quan Wright
Quan Wright rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Samuel
Samuel rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Shuzhuo
Shuzhuo rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2012
Charles Côté-bouchard
Charles Côté-bouchard marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2012
Louis Swingrover
Louis Swingrover marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2016