Start by marking “Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire, #3)

Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire #3)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  18 reviews
We join Rue as she wakes up in a foreign place. She does not remember who she, how she got there or why her heart aches so badly. She also has a very bad feeling that if she gets well, something terrible will come of it. She struggles to get a grip on reality as new friends try their best to earn her trust, but old enemies bring with them memories of a life she has all but ...more
Published October 2011 by Vamptasy Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Oil and Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oil and Water

Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesLost In Time by Bridgitte LesleyGalactic Energies by Luca  RossiThe Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
Best New Indie Titles
103rd out of 456 books — 609 voters
Ember by Madison DanielRedemption by R.K. RyalsThe Acropolis by R.K. RyalsRansom by R.K. RyalsDark Light by S.J. Davis
JENNY'S BEST INDEPENDENT AUTHORS
21st out of 96 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Kami
Out of all the books in this series so far, this one has been my least favorite. I struggled to get through the 1st half of it. I hated the mind trip.

I think that this book was more of a filler, than anything. Necessary to hold the other books together, and needed to move forward, but not that great of a story. I spent the majority of the book being severly frustrated.

In the end Rue has matured a lot and I am really happy about that. I love how much closer everyone has gotten. And I love that J
Wanda Hartzenberg
This, the third book in the series has one of the most stunning starts I have thus far come across in a series!

Should you read it as a stand alone I think the impact will be lost. Others might agree with me though that this start is simply exceptional!

The entire book has a dark realism that flows throughout the book that simply added zing to the book!

Do not misunderstand. It is still a YAPRN but for the first time I felt as if the characters could be real and their pain and triumphs got me inv
Kim
If you love vampires and all things paranormal - you should definitely read the Blood & Light series! It is one of the more creative takes on Vampires that I've read and I love it.
This book was slightly different then what I expected. Lots of craziness in memory! I seriously can't get enough of Josh. Can I have him?
I'm really enjoying the series and can't wait for the next installment!
Julie
Ebook: Oil & Water book 3 in the Blood & Light Series

Author: Rue Volley

Fiction, Paranormal,

This review may contain spoilers

I was given this by the author for an honest review

Summary: In this 3rd installment of the Blood & Light Vampire Series we follow Rue deep into the rabbit hole as she tries to fight her way out of "memory"...a purgatory of sorts for immortals, and the last place a vampire wants to find themselves trapped in. This 3rd year in the lives of these vampires takes a cl
Lori
This book...ok so I said I hated Johnathan and that I wanted him to go away. Well, let's just say after bawling my eyes out last night I TAKE IT BACK!!!! I do, I do take it back. I don't know how much more I can expand on my review. I LOVE THIS series. Love it!
I gave this one only 4 stars because I felt that there was a lot of tease and no actual action in the first 50% of the book. I was very quickly frustrated with "memory". I wanted my characters out of it. And NOW. All personal and subjecti
Chelle
Picking up where Josh and Rue left off in book two this book takes you on a journey through the lost memories of Rue and the trials of the Lord of Valon Josh.

Rue has no memories at all at this point. Trapped in an asylum and searching for her answers. She has is the crazy girl on the third floor. She starts to believe she just may be crazy when she keeps seeing the beautiful boy with the crooked canine teeth.

Josh is stuck in the mirror in the tower in Valon. To be stripped of all emotions to mak
Lilliana
I couldn't put this book down and it was just amazing. For a full review, please follow the link: http://thenerdemp.com/oil-water-review/
Patricia
wow, what a read this one was. you get answers to a lot of questions, but then she has you asking more questions. my emotions were on a full blown roller coaster ride with this book. can't wait to read clarity & reason. i can't believe the way rue has you feeling like you know every character in this series, then hits you with this book. just know this, you know nothing of her characters til you read this book, and even then, i have the feeling she is going to turn my world upside down again ...more
Crissy
I have to say that “Oil and Water” is my least favorite book in the series thus far. There was just so much going on with being stuck in memories that went on forever at such a slow pace. However the ending was great and left me wanting to read more now that the group is back together but tragedy does strike cutting someone’s life short. Even though this was a slow read for me it was still a good enough read that makes me want to continue the series. This wasn’t a terrible book; it was just a sl ...more
Jade
I don't know how many times I can say or how many different ways I can explain just how much Rue Volley Rocks the World of Imagination! Each book in this series get's better and better. The characters are smart, funny, sarcastic, loving, and each very special in their own special way's :) Get ready for a journey that only the Queen of Imagination can take you on! Well done Rue :)
Claire
Ms. Rue Volley has enthralled me with this series! She has woven a magical well written tale with characters that steal your heart.
But don't think it's all rainbows and unicorns!
Ms.Volley can write evil just as well, instantly making you want those characters dead! eaten preferably lol!!!
Heather Busby
Josh, Rue , and Johnathon geezus please keep Josh. This book has keep me on another roller coaster ride. I'm so totally addicted to these books, that I am living and breathing them. I can't wait to read clarity and reason. Power beyond reason, will she or won't she....
Christine Mathisen
What can I say I love this series! I am completely hooked it is unlike any other vampire series I have read which keeps it very interesting. The character's in the book just draw you in. I hope this series continues as I have bought the other 2 that are available now.
Sam Kozbial
The approach for the majority of the third book was different, in a good way. More pieces of the tale begin to fall into place and the ending was surprising.
Sandy Anderson
I loved this book . This is by far one of the best vampire series i've ever read. I can hardly wait for book 4.
April Miller
Another great read! I am in love with this series! They just keep getting better and better!
Sara
it was so great! I need the next one... it always ends before I realize I'm close to being done.
Leanne
WIll review tonight or tomorrow :D
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Casey Whitington
Casey Whitington marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Samantha Walker
Samantha Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Apr 06, 2015
Agatha Ding
Agatha Ding marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Grace
Grace added it
Mar 04, 2015
Angie Cooper-jenkins
Angie Cooper-jenkins marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Deep Into the Soul (The Guild Series, #1)
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
  • Bailing Out into the Dead (The Famished Trilogy 0.5)
  • Soul Cutter
  • Rule (Roam, #5)
  • The Savage Principle
  • Inferno (The Kindred, #4)
  • Red's Robin (Vampire Memoirs)
  • Charmeine (The Light-Bearer, #1)
  • The Charmed Souls (The Charmed Trilogy, #2)
  • Bella Morte
  • The Haze (The Haze, #1)
  • A Matter of Truth (Fate, #3)
  • Living in Darkness (Bloodbreeders, #1)
  • The Mesmerized
  • Crossfire (Darkride Chronicles, #2)
Rue Volley resides on Earth with her husband, Von Erik, and their two pug sons, Momo and Oshi. She is an award winning author, graphic artist, and screenwriter. She is also the Creative/Marketing Director for Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing, and co-owner of Lovebites Production Company, which specializes in Dark Fantasy Films.
Rue released her first film, Hellhound, in November of 20
More about Rue Volley...

Blood and Light Vampire (7 books)
  • Blood and Light (Blood and Light Vampire, #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Blood and Light Vampire, #2)
  • Clarity and Reason (Blood and Light Vampire, #4)
  • Grace & Beauty (Blood and Light Vampire, #5)
  • Hope & Faith (Blood and Light Vampire, #6)
  • The Blood and Light Vampire Series (Blood and Light #1-6)
Hellhound (Hellhound, #1) Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2) The Bitter End (Golden Crown, #1) Blood and Light (Blood and Light Vampire, #1) The Twin Dragons (Golden Crown, #2)