Make You Sweat

Make You Sweat

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Ready for change, Tyler Pierce has the whole summer ahead of him when he flies to Sand Piper Beach to turn over a new leaf. Sun, swimming, exercise, he'll return home a new man, sexy and buff. Best of all, several states away from home and college, no one but his dad knows him, so he can muddle through the challenges of getting fit without friends laughing at him.

During hi...more
ebook
Published August 16th 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Make You Sweat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make You Sweat

Jenre
I've read several quite heavy themed books in the last few weeks and mostly fantasy and UF, so I really fancied a light, fluffy contemporary. This hit the spot exactly. I'd had it on the TBR pile after I bought it because of the PL Nunn cover (yes, I'm a total sucker for her covers) and dug it out because I reasoned that anything with a PL Nunn cover tends to be generally light in tone. It was.

The story follows Tyler who is spending his summer before senior year in College with his father who wo...more
Beatrice
Vague spoilers here and there. Please approach the review with utmost caution.

I've never tried Pia Veleno's books before (although I have been attracted by that shiny angel cover). Rest assured that I will probably read something of hers again - her main characters are good and the while the plot itself wasn't new, it was enjoyable and kept me interested.

I do have a couple of niggles, though.

The sex was... A bit too much, in my opinion. The story as a whole would have benefited with less sex and...more
Staceyr
NOT a menage, for anyone else fooled by the cover. Cody is a muscle-bound personal trainer getting past an ugly break-up with a stalker creep when he falls fast and hard for Tyler, a tall and lanky college senior on summer break who's certain the gorgeous god-of-a-man will come to his senses and realize a skinny geek can't hold his interest. Cody has the summer to prove Tyler wrong, while dodging advances from his psycho ex, the rage of Tyler's homophobic father and Tyler's self-sabotaging menta...more
Pia Veleno
Aug 16, 2011 Pia Veleno added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: __queer, my-books
My first Loose Id release!

Warning: May contain hot, hard beach bodies, a sexy guy running shirtless, and that oh so sweet spot where fantasy meets reality.
Dee
Sep 08, 2011 Dee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: glbt
The book was originally reviewed for The Romance Reviewers and can be found here

Anyone who knows me as a reader knows that a 5 star review is not something that I give out very often. A book has to really move me or engross me in order for that to happen and MAKE YOU SWEAT by Pia Veleno did not disappoint. I first read some of Ms Veleno's work when she wrote a story based on a photo prompt in the m/m romance group on goodreads.com and her writing just resonated with me. So when I saw her new boo...more
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
Sweet and uncomplicated more or less summarize my thoughts after finishing this book.

Tyler and Cody are pretty much attracted to one another on first sight and the relationship takes off quickly. There’s not a lot of heavy angst going on, but there are some conflicts to keep things interesting. Cody’s ex is kind of a pain and there’s an issue with him at the end of the book that felt like it was left unresolved. As for Tyler, he’s got a pretty major self-esteem issue. The issue itself and the w...more
SueM
A light simple story of a summer romance with a HFN ending. A touch of angst, a touch of danger, a touch of humor and just a little bit more than a touch of plot between an abundance of sex scenes. An average read from an above average author, so there was nothing wrong with it at all, but I was hoping for more as this author is definitely capable of more...
Enny
I didn't enjoy Make You Sweat as much as Pia Veleno's other books because the book was completely tension- and plot-free with a HFN ending. It seemed like the whole book was one sex scene after another, interspersed by them having various meals. She can do better than this.
Virginia
Sweet, minimum angst story when that's what you are looking for. I felt a couple story lines were pushed and left hanging but overall a good summer read.
Tara
So this was a nice way to sit in the shade and fresh air and pass a few hours. Tyler is a college senior, with a self esteem issue and a don't ask don't tell policy in place with his family about his sexuality. He decides to take his last summer before he joins the working world to get in shape at his Dad's in something that sound like a Myrtle Beach type of place. He hopes to get buff and return to college a new man that can finally catch the men he wants. As soon as he arrives he spots a hot g...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

This is a book you shouldn’t judge by its cover, meaning the cover for Make You Sweat looks kind of like something you might see on the front of a comic book. This is a book I’m glad I didn’t pass up.

A touching sweet story of young love lay within the pages and had me falling in love with the story and the characters. Tyler Pierce is a college student who has come to spend the summer with his estranged father. He has high hopes of fil...more
KV Taylor
Aug 27, 2011 KV Taylor added it
Shelves: lgbtq, romance
So this is one of those books I read and then felt weird about reviewing because I'm with the same publisher, Loose Id, and it seems kind of self-serving in that way. (Other pen name. Long story.) But I always feel weird reading a book and then not saying something about it -- maybe because I'm a writer and I like to know what other writers and readers think about my own stuff. So I'm not gonna rate future Loose Id reviews, but I will talk about them a little because, yeah. That's what goodreads...more
Cheryl
Tyler is spending the summer at his dad's place, on the beach. He's hoping to buff over the summer. He's tired of being the scrawny kid people overlook. His first day at the fitness center in the building he meets Cody.

Cody is a hot, sexy, sculpted gay man. Turns out that he's also a fitness instructor. He offers to help Tyler with is quest to get buff.
Tyler is practically drooling over Cody.

Cody invites Tyler to lunch after the workout. One thing leads to another and bow chicka bow wow.

Tyler...more
Jane (PS)
I enjoyed this simply story of one young man's search for self-confidence, struggling to make the transition from boyhood to man. With a sexy personal trainer as his accomplice, how he help but succeed? :) I would have liked to cleared up the 'Alan' issue though, and see how Tyler's peers at Uni perceived him upon his return.
Cayce
Nov 29, 2011 Cayce rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I kind of like the 'guy with low self-esteem gets hottie' type of stories. And this was a good one, but (view spoiler)
Penny
3.5 Stars "Summer lovin' happens so fast." This is a nice read. A summer fling which quickly become something more. (One small flaw) Some of the dialogue was repetitve/stunted, but overall enjoyable. Recommend.
Janean
Oct 13, 2011 Janean rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Janean by: Fehu
Sweet romance. Cody was sweet, so was Tyler when he was not being insecure. I wanted a little more story, need to know if they really get their HEA.
Susan
I enjoyed this story of first love but I would love to know what happens the next summer!
Jen
I enjoyed this one. Was a quick read for me. I'm sure I'll read it again sometime.
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 20, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Michelle Wood
Michelle Wood marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Pia is a dirty girl, but she knows you're naughty too. Tongue in cheek, and everywhere else, Pia spends her time running nowhere, avoiding housework, and randomly quoting Placebo lyrics. Now that others are reading her stories, her husband no longer wonders about her obsession with gay men falling in love.
More about Pia Veleno...
Freedom's Souvenir Hounded by Love The Wolf at My Door Fallen Man Whore (Personal Demons #1)