Start by marking “Interpersonal Process in Psychotherapy: A Relational Approach [with Infotrac]” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Interpersonal Process ...

Edward Teyber

Interpersonal Process in Psychotherapy: A Relational Approach [with Infotrac]

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published September 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Interpersonal Process in Psychotherapy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interpersonal Process in Psychotherapy

Fred J. Fritz
I found this little gem sitting on a shelf with other books marked “Free” so I picked it up. What a great find! The first thing I noticed about the book was that it was written to assist counseling students entering their practicum/internship phase and seeing their very first clients. Talk about synchronicity! That is exactly where I was when I found it!

The second thing I noticed was that the book was rather dated (over 20 years old). After a quick search on Amazon.com, I found the text has gone
Ryan
This book offers a very comprehensive description of intepersonal process therapy. It provides in-depth background on the theoretical models that influence interpersonal work and provides practical information on establishing and utilizing the therapeutic relationship in mental health treatment. The writing is a little dense and long-winded at times, so its not a quick reference. But the book is very appropriate for mental health professionals looking to deepen the intpersonal aspects of their w ...more
Heather
Sep 27, 2011 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any/all psychologists or trainees, especially beginning therapists who can really use direction
Recommended to Heather by: Clara Hill
Shelves: adult
Hands-down my favorite book from grad school and for learning how to be a therapist. I'm pretty sure I read the whole thing cover to cover, and am using it now in the training of a psychiatry resident. It's so accessible in explaining the theory and the process/precedures/how-to for interpersonal therapy. In short, I LOVE IT.
Darin Bergen
Aug 23, 2008 Darin Bergen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Psychologists-in-training
Shelves: psychology
I'm in the middle, but so far this is an excellent introduction to the Interpersonal approach to therapy. Unlike many books that merely say "establish a therapeutic alliance," this book focuses on practical recommendations on how to enhance and leverage the relationship to foster client change.
Anthony
One of the best, most influential books I read in my graduate training and still a book I refer back to often in my professional work. Have loaned the book to numerous supervisees and they almost always have a very positive reaction to it.
Kristena
This is a fascinating perspective on therapy, and an indispensable reference for any counseling student.
Yolainy
Yolainy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Summer
Summer is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2015
Ymgermain
Ymgermain is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2015
Jordan Wixom
Jordan Wixom is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2015
Wenrui Li
Wenrui Li marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Josephine Bourque
Josephine Bourque marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Shelby Hicks
Shelby Hicks marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Jaysongerona
Jaysongerona marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Mj
Mj is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Interpersonal Process in Therapy: An Integrative Model Helping Children Cope with Divorce Student Workbook for Teyber/McClure's Interpersonal Process in Therapy: An Integrative Model, 6th Interpersonal process in psychotherapy: A guide for clinical training Casebook in Child and Adolescent Treatment: Cultural and Familial Contexts