Start by marking “Deranged” as Want to Read:
Deranged

Deranged (Deranged #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  65 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Hell bent on upping her body count, Nikki takes Nicole on a psychotic rampage against her will. After a life full of devastation, crazy thoughts invade Nicole's head and she can no longer save Jeremy or herself from what she's about to endure. Burning flesh, cracking skulls, and the smell of Jeremy's cum are the only things that excite her.
Published July 30th 2011 by 5 Star Publications

To ask other readers questions about Deranged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deranged

OOSA
Nov 20, 2011 OOSA rated it did not like it
What the What?

The good, the bad, and the ugly best describes “Deranged” by Amanda Lee. So let’s start with the good. The book’s premise is a good one. Nikki, Nicole’s alter ego, manifested at an early age to deal with the things Nicole’s fragile mind could not. Nikki doesn’t mind speaking up on Nicole’s behalf or even acting out when she feels Nicole has been wronged. With the men in Nicole’s life doing her wrong, Nikki has plenty of work to do. That is where all goodness ends, at the core of it
Reader's Paradise
Nicole's father didn't let a day go by where she had to question his love for her. She knew he would keep her safe from harm but most of all she knew he loved her. Unlike her mother who Nicole called evil she made her life a living hell. She denied her food and made her sleep in a dark barn, as punishment. As a child she never understood why her mother didn't love her. Why don't you love me mommy? What did I do mommy? Why you hate me so much? Why Mama?
All Nicole wanted was a mother and a father
The Urban Book Source
Nicole is a troubled woman who suffers from a multiple personality disorder, one that spurns the evil and diabolical personality “Nikki”. Nicole is just escaping an abusive relationship by murdering her abusive boyfriend (per Nikki) and later tries to move forward and live a normal life. However this is impossible when she tries to build a relationship with new love interest Jeremy who lets it be known from the beginning, he is in it for the sex. Nicole seems to once again get involve in a ...more
Arielle Crowell
First off let me start by saying that this book was good in the sense of the storyline. The idea was a good one and I feel like it could have been a five star had the dialogue been different. It kept me engaged and interested in what Nicole/Nikki would do next. That being said, I can't help but admit that the dialogue, in my humble opinion, was absolutely AWFUL. Every other word in that book was "b****." It was so tedious to read. I was like geez really. I would flip to random parts of the book ...more
Claire
Feb 08, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bloody-horror
My exposure to African American Southern Gothic Urban Pulp Fiction Horror (whew) is pretty limited, so I’ll review Deranged in the sprit of it’s own... derangement I guess!

Anyway, on with the review. This is one “crazy” story that is uncompromisingly over the top in every imaginable sense, utterly politically incorrect, trashy fun, and as inspirational as a punch in the dick. There’s no literary pretensions here, and Deranged is completely unapologetic about it.

Nikki/Nicole is our serial killin
Locksie
Aug 10, 2012 Locksie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed
Disappointed.

On the aftermath of an abusive past and in order to lead a somewhat normal life Nicole blocks out her childhood memories.
In dealing with current relationships, Nicole expects commitment, trust and love, something she felt was lacking in her upbringing. But her latest beau Jeremy goes against all these things, which could prove to be deadly for him!
Disappointed.

I kept wondering how Nicole could just up and afford to move as she pleased, considering how she handled her job it was clo
MZURAQT
Oct 21, 2011 MZURAQT rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
23 year old Nicole has had one crazy life since the day she was born.Growing up in an abusive household,she feels like she is all alone.After graduating from college and becoming a lawyer she begins to try to look for love, problem is when she love hard she loves hard.Guy after guy has let her down until she meets Jeremy.

When Nicole get feds up with men treating her badly,Nikki kicks in and show the world she is not to be messed with but,what will happen when things have gotten to far and Nikki
Gina Harris
Jun 10, 2013 Gina Harris rated it it was amazing
Nicole /Nikki is a very disturbed woman! She was put through a lot a very young age and needed protection! Boy does she has protection now!! Ooohhh she is not a joke at all! This book is a serious page Turner! Action, drama, lies, murder, deceit and cheating! Please read this you won't be disappointed!
Danita Brown
Jan 04, 2015 Danita Brown rated it liked it
Amanda Lee. Her book deranged was just that. This chic Nicole was a stone cold crazy. Reminds I'd Kendall Banks books 1 night stand and a another 1 night stand. I don't know who was crazier.
K Nikki  Waden
Wow..Talk about crazy from the 1st page to the last nonstop drama and craziness...Cant wait for part 2
Myisha Foster
Dec 19, 2014 Myisha Foster rated it really liked it
Interesting story

Interesting story, puts me in the mind of the Shyt List series. I also liked how we got back stories throughout the book.
Juanita
Aug 06, 2014 Juanita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
Deranged is an unstoppable,enjoy ed this book but she is one sick chick, I was rooting for her to get it together may be in part 2
Laquisha
Mar 28, 2013 Laquisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nikki is CRAZY!!
Yudelkis
Yudelkis rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Angel D. Best
Angel D. Best rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Amanda Lee
Amanda Lee rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Angela Robinson
Angela Robinson rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2014
Ms.Toni
Ms.Toni rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2011
Teresa Scott
Teresa Scott rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2012
*~CONN!3~
*~CONN!3~ rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Natasha Hall
Natasha Hall rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Monique Smith
Monique Smith rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Ursula Lenori
Ursula Lenori rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
kiara
kiara rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
Desto Es ElGato
Desto Es ElGato rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2014
Monet
Monet rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Mirrlees
Mirrlees rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Crystal Torres
Crystal Torres rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
More about Amanda Lee...

Deranged (3 books)
  • Deranged 2 (Deranged #2)
  • The Twins (Deranged #3)