Start by marking “The Mediocre Housewife” as Want to Read:
The Mediocre Housewife

The Mediocre Housewife

2.91 of 5 stars 2.91  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  18 reviews
After years of struggling as an inadequate homemaker in the suburbs, Claire Patterson, finally feels like she has reinvented herself. Her debut novel, The Mediocre Housewife, is about to be made into a movie, but before Claire heads off to Seattle to meet the director, her husband Paul admits to having an affair. Why was it that after twenty years of marriage, Paul’s motiv ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mediocre Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mediocre Housewife

Lani Young
The ending of this book annoyed me no end. Unconvincing and half-hearted. Until then i would have given it four stars.
Pamela  Goloskie
I really did not care for this book at all. It read like 'fan fiction' on many levels. The situations and actions of the main characters were not consistent or believable. The way the romance both began and ended felt very superficial, more like an excuse to indulge in fantasy behavior without experiencing any lasting complications. The emotional bonds developed and ended far too quickly and conveniently.
Karine
Jan 22, 2012 Karine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kristy
Well, it was interesting. The author totally got into a big fantasy about a certain young actor who played Edward Cullen ;) Even though she does refer to him by name it is so obvious that she's talking about him all along.
Aviva
A fairly enjoyable read, and definitely worth what I paid for it (ie nothing). The ending was predictable and somewhat disappointing. I did enjoy the book inside the book. :)

It was the first book I read on my day-old kindle!
Bethyfly
I agree with other reviewers. I did enjoy this read (not to mention the price) and devoured it quite quickly. However, I was neither particularly invested in the characters emotional toll (with few momentary exceptions) nor impressed by the overall point of the story (though perhaps that was because I found it lacking).

I was more than a little annoyed by the "Midnight" series (transparently "Twilight"), unnecessary name dropping (not to
mention character dropping where did they all go?!) and eas
Tamara
Julie
I have no idea how I feel about this book. Did Claire have a freaking mid-life crisis with James?! It seems she just used him to get back at her husband. I felt bad for James, since Claire did not care about him or his feelings at all. Only about herself. Disgusted with her completely. And her husband? He cheated on her first, sure. But he just takes her dumb ass back after he has a little heart pain? And their son Stephen is the girliest kid. Cries going after going to college, when his mom lea ...more
Tiffani
Ehhhh, it was ok, I guess. It was an easy read, and I liked the fact that Claire was successful in her writing. Having a best selling novel for her first book, doing something she was proud of after staying home with her son for so many years, being the 'mediocre housewife'...However, the story lacked the 'umph' I was looking for.
Carol C
While this book provided some entertainment, the cheating spouses portion of it rubbed me the wrong way. I found the characters to be not very believable and was not sympathetic to the main character. On top of that, the editing was horrible - changes in tense, strange formatting, and on and on.
Andrea Martin
I think most housewives have daydreamed about having an affair with Robert Pattinson at some point. But what if that daydream came true? Yeah, right.
Jessica
This book wasn't my thing. It felt name-drop-y and while I liked the main character, I couldn't stand her husband and hated the ending of the book.
Lana
I liked this book because it had many storys in one.The way it is written is unique and holds the attention of the reader. Read this one!!!!
Amy
This book seems too predictable. Not really exciting, and too cliqueish. I liked the characters okay, but they didn't inspire me.
Emily
I couldn't get past the second chapter - not interesting at all.
Luna
The book was good, but the ending was a huge let down.
Angela
Good story.
Ryan Kelly
Cute quick read
heather
heather marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Shannon Velazquez
Shannon Velazquez marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Amanda Stewart
Amanda Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Becky Goff
Becky Goff marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Brenda
Brenda added it
Dec 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Cool Shade
  • Safe Harbor
  • Rescue Me
  • Touched By Angels (Loveswept, No 538)
  • Beyond the Quiet
  • The Trouble With Green
  • A Change of Heart
  • The World of Stephanie Laurens
  • Her Master's Touch
  • On Sparrow Hill (The Oak Leaves #2)