Start by marking “The Mediocre Housewife” as Want to Read:
The Mediocre Housewife

The Mediocre Housewife

After years of struggling as an inadequate homemaker in the suburbs, Claire Patterson, finally feels like she has reinvented herself. Her debut novel, The Mediocre Housewife, is about to be made into a movie, but before Claire heads off to Seattle to meet the director, her husband Paul admits to having an affair. Why was it that after twenty years of marriage, Paul’s motiv ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mediocre Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mediocre Housewife

Lani Young
Dec 27, 2011 Lani Young rated it liked it
The ending of this book annoyed me no end. Unconvincing and half-hearted. Until then i would have given it four stars.
Pamela  Goloskie
Dec 29, 2011 Pamela Goloskie rated it it was ok
I really did not care for this book at all. It read like 'fan fiction' on many levels. The situations and actions of the main characters were not consistent or believable. The way the romance both began and ended felt very superficial, more like an excuse to indulge in fantasy behavior without experiencing any lasting complications. The emotional bonds developed and ended far too quickly and conveniently.
Aviva
Jan 15, 2012 Aviva rated it liked it
A fairly enjoyable read, and definitely worth what I paid for it (ie nothing). The ending was predictable and somewhat disappointing. I did enjoy the book inside the book. :)

It was the first book I read on my day-old kindle!
Karine
Jan 22, 2012 Karine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kristy
Well, it was interesting. The author totally got into a big fantasy about a certain young actor who played Edward Cullen ;) Even though she does refer to him by name it is so obvious that she's talking about him all along.
Nicole
Jan 04, 2015 Nicole rated it it was ok
I never grew attached to any of the characters, found myself wondering about them, hoping that the story would end one way or another, or how it was all going to play out. Instead, I just lazily turned each page, reading it, all the while hoping that it would end. I hate to leave a book unfinished and more often than not will complete any book that I have started. This one, however, made no difference one way or the other.

Truthfully, it appeared almost promising in the beginning. With the turn
Bethyfly
Feb 19, 2012 Bethyfly rated it liked it
I agree with other reviewers. I did enjoy this read (not to mention the price) and devoured it quite quickly. However, I was neither particularly invested in the characters emotional toll (with few momentary exceptions) nor impressed by the overall point of the story (though perhaps that was because I found it lacking).

I was more than a little annoyed by the "Midnight" series (transparently "Twilight"), unnecessary name dropping (not to
mention character dropping where did they all go?!) and eas
Tamara
Dec 19, 2011 Tamara rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, chick-lit, 2011
Julie
Apr 27, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
I have no idea how I feel about this book. Did Claire have a freaking mid-life crisis with James?! It seems she just used him to get back at her husband. I felt bad for James, since Claire did not care about him or his feelings at all. Only about herself. Disgusted with her completely. And her husband? He cheated on her first, sure. But he just takes her dumb ass back after he has a little heart pain? And their son Stephen is the girliest kid. Cries going after going to college, when his mom lea ...more
Tiffani
Dec 28, 2011 Tiffani rated it it was ok
Ehhhh, it was ok, I guess. It was an easy read, and I liked the fact that Claire was successful in her writing. Having a best selling novel for her first book, doing something she was proud of after staying home with her son for so many years, being the 'mediocre housewife'...However, the story lacked the 'umph' I was looking for.
Carol C
Jan 01, 2012 Carol C rated it it was ok
While this book provided some entertainment, the cheating spouses portion of it rubbed me the wrong way. I found the characters to be not very believable and was not sympathetic to the main character. On top of that, the editing was horrible - changes in tense, strange formatting, and on and on.
Lana
Jun 10, 2012 Lana rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it had many storys in one.The way it is written is unique and holds the attention of the reader. Read this one!!!!
Amy
Dec 28, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok
This book seems too predictable. Not really exciting, and too cliqueish. I liked the characters okay, but they didn't inspire me.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok
This book wasn't my thing. It felt name-drop-y and while I liked the main character, I couldn't stand her husband and hated the ending of the book.
Andrea Martin
Dec 16, 2011 Andrea Martin rated it it was ok
I think most housewives have daydreamed about having an affair with Robert Pattinson at some point. But what if that daydream came true? Yeah, right.
Andrea Dietel
Andrea Dietel rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Sonya
Sonya rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was ok
May 15, 2014
Reshonda
Reshonda rated it did not like it
May 11, 2014
Suriya
Suriya rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Kelley
Kelley rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Janelle
Janelle rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Camille Nies
Camille Nies rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Gloria Quackenbush
Gloria Quackenbush rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Billie
Billie rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Dawn Mulqueen
Dawn Mulqueen rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Karen Harris
Karen Harris rated it it was ok
May 15, 2016
Jacqueline Duncan
Jacqueline Duncan rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Mad Mistress (The Rakehell Regency #1)
  • Cool Shade
  • Rescue Me
  • Safe Harbor
  • Logan's Redemption
  • Homefires
  • Touched By Angels (Touched By Angels, #1)
  • The Scent of Jade
  • The World of Stephanie Laurens
  • Hidden Steel
  • Heartbreak Highway
  • Watermarks
  • Family Ties (Sunset Crescent, #1)