Start by marking “Zorla Güzellik Olmaz” as Want to Read:
Zorla Güzellik Olmaz

Zorla Güzellik Olmaz

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  4,262 ratings  ·  161 reviews
Aşkta Seni Seçtim adlı romanı ile Epsilon okurlarının beğenisini kazanan
Johanna Lindsey'in çok okunan yeni romanı

"Johanna Lindsey her romanında İz bırakan karakterler yaratmada usta."
- Chicago Sun-Times

"Tutku dolu ve seksi."
- Booklist

"Johanna Lindsey hayranlanna bir kez daha aşık olacakları birkahraman veriyor."
- Duluth News Tribüne
352 pages
Published (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Zorla Güzellik Olmaz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zorla Güzellik Olmaz

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
When I heard about Marriage Most Scandalous was about I was intrigued. The hero was described as a mercenary which made my ears perk up. I love dangerous romance heroes. What can I say? I was tempted, despite my limited financial funds to buy the book when it came out (from Walmart at a considerable discount), but since money wasn't good I elected to wait. And lo and behold, my patience was rewarded when I found it at the library. I finished the book in 2 days (because I saw three movies also in...more
Somona
Mar 17, 2010 Somona rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Somona by: No one to blame but myself
Contessina
Ve işte bitti . Aslında hak ettiği üç yıldızdır ama fazladan bir yıldız tarafımda Johanna Lindsey hatırına verilmiştir . Çok tutuk başladı ve ancak sonlara doğru açılabildi hikaye . Bir diğer sıkıntım da hikayenin bütün yükünün Sebastian'ın üzerine yıkılmış olması. Sebastian gerçekten çok karizmatik bir karakter olarak tasarlanmış ancak yanına yakıştırılmış bayan karakter çok silik gözüktü gözüme . Zaten diğer karakterler arasında kayda değer bir karakter de yoktu . Kötü kadın Juliette daha kötü...more
Sandra Dagg
I finished this book last night, and would have given it five stars except that I thought the ending was a bit rushed. It's not that I thought the author didn't know how to finish the book, but more that she'd been given a set number of pages to complete the novel, and had run out of room. If that is the case, then I think that sucks, because it was a great story, and I had no clue what was going to happen, so was totally surprised with the ending. As to modern words and phrases, there may have...more
Brittany
Having been banished by his father after the duel that left his best friend dead, Sebastian Townshend vowed to never return to England. After living for eleven years as the deadly mercenary, The Raven, Sebastian is shocked when his former neighbor, Lady Margaret Landor arrives at his doorstep, looking to hire him. She in turn receives a shock, when The Raven turns out to be the man she was looking to hire him to find.

At home, Sebastian’s father has had several accidents and, suspecting foul pla...more
Talia
I didn’t like this book. As a rule, the only romance author I read is Amanda Quick. I like her settings and her characters always make me laugh.

But, at some point in life, I picked up this book – probably at an airport or something. After reading it, I’m reminded why I made my Amanda Quick rule.

This book was flimsy. Predictable, clichéd, far-fetched … these are just a few words that come to mind when trying to describe it.

Two things that really bothered me were the author using colloquial slang...more
Tukang Kueh Keren
Hmmm......ini adalah buku historical romance dari penulis yang ketiga yang saya baca....kok ya biar beda penulis, isi dan tema ceritanya mirip-mirip ya? apa karena settingnya selalu di Inggris? Bangsawan....yang terbuang....pernikahan pura-pura.....sehingga membuat bosan saya sebagai pembacanya karena modelnya gitu-gitu aja, ditambah dengan parahnya mutu terjemahan dari penerbit gagasmedia ini.

Masih mending yang terbitan gramedia deh, buku ini banyak kesalahan eja, belum lagi terjemahan yang kad...more
Antoinette the Book Junkie
This man's words are seducing and charming me right off the pages and into another world of serious relaxation. For these people to be off the upper crust and educated, they most certainly lacked common sense.

Margaret wanted to find one son to help the father, but she got much more than she would have ever bargained for. Sebastian (the Raven) wants nothing to do with his home of birth. Whether its the lure of money, a woman, or family reunion, he is back home and with a puzzle to solve.

This puzz...more
Crisel Blenda
Having slept with his best friend’s wife, Sebastian found himself accidentally killing his best friend in an unexpected duel. This has led his father to disown him and has led him to live a life alone. Suffering his father’s fury over what happened, he promised not to step foot again in England. In order to survive, he has accepted odd jobs and became a mercenary that gave him a notorious title, The Raven.

One day, Sebastian was visited by young and beautiful Lady Margaret Landor, who seeks for h...more
Grettel Grace
Bueno solo tengo una palabra para describir a Sebastian y es... CA-LIEN-TE, y bueno ¿como no? si el hombre tiene todo lo que una mujer busca en un hombre (o por lo menos yo), sensible, ardiente, hermoso rostro, escultural cuerpo, profundo, misterioso, y oh buen dios con un sentido del humor tan único. Este libro en mi opinión se merece las cinco estrellas por mucho. Es un libro que a pesar de que no es una historia única, bien te atrapa desde el primer momento, la autora tiene una manera de escr...more
Ardi Redmayne
Marriage Most scandalous : terjerat cinta pura-pura
Gairah. intrik. skandal.terkadang ,sebuah pernikahan memiliki semua itu.

kisahnya dimulai tahun 1808 di inggris. setelah giles tahu bahwa juliette tidur dengan sebastian terjadi masalah besar. yap. novel terjemahan ini sukses buat aku penasaran dengan masalah yang terjadi pada sebastian dan giles yang menyebabkan mereka harus berduel di batu duel dan giles tertembak dan mati. akibat dari itu sebastian di usir dari rumahnya dan dia menggembara dan...more
Vivian Archer
An enjoyable read. It has been more than a...ahem, score of years since I read a book by Johanna Lindsey. That said, this was fun. A twisted plot that got really knotted and perhaps, a little too quickly resolved for my tastes. The emotional changes were sped up, peoples feelings altering and accepting grievances to easily. Then again, I am a grudge bearer and malicious when wronged, so mayhap it is only my view.

Anyway, Marriage Most Scandalous was amusing and diverting.
Zeek
Eh. That just about sums it up.

If you've read alot of Lindsey's then you've pretty much read this before you've even cracked the spine, although the characters didn't really hang with me like some of her others. Plus the plot kinda fell apart. You've read this plotline a 100 times. The Hero and Heroine pretend their married to get back in with the hero's father who disowned him but is an obvious ploy to get the hero in the heroines bedroom. Disappointing.
Trins
Rach3975
I usually like Johanna Lindsey's books for quick reads that draw me fully into the characters' lives. There was something about this one that just didn't work-I never liked the characters that much and wasn't rooting for them. I hardly ever give up on a book, but I'm 3/4 of the way through and debating whether to finish or bail.
Liz
I had not read a Johanna Lindsey book in a long time and I was really excited about reading this one. It was dissapointing. To me, it started slow and it just did not get any better. I made myself finish it but was skipping some of it along the way. I liked the characters but they did not click in my opinion.
Richelle
I listened to this one and really enjoyed it. An exiled son that has to return home to try and figure out what is going on with his father. Is someone trying to kill him? The last part of the book was a complete twist that I had no idea that it would happen like that. Highly recommend it!
Judith
This book starts out great: we have the dangerous and mysterious hero, the plucky heroine, and slightly sinister circumstances. Naturally, the two dislike each other from the start, even though they find each other physically attractive. This part was well done and held much promise for a good read. But the book begins to wobble when the concept of "divorce" is mentioned -- something that rarely existed in England at the time -- and it really falls apart during the last two chapters with an extr...more
Barbara
Not exactly what I expected. After reading it, I thought it must have been one of the author's early works written in the late '80's or early '90's. I was surprise to see it was written as late as 2006.

It isn't so much a romance novel as it is a "who done it" that you don't realize is a "who done it" until they tell you who did it. That won't make any sense until you've read it. It is sort of set up as a "who done it" in that you are supposed to be wondering who is trying to murder the hero's f...more
Monkeyface
Listened to Marriage Most Scandalousby Johanna Lindsey. When Sebastian Townshend, son of the eighth Earl of Edgewood, was banished from his family due to the tragic results of a duel, he vowed never to return to England. Now living on the continent, Sebastian has forged a new identity as a deadly mercenary, The Raven. But his former neighbor, Lady Margaret Landor, has different plans for him. Back in England, Sebastian's father has had several accidents and Margaret suspects foul play and decept...more
Hanife
Kitabı ben Aşkta Seni Seçtim kadar beğenmedim. Onun kadar komik veya güzel değildi benim için. Ama sizin görüşünüzü etkilemek istemem ben hikayeyi biraz anlatim. Hikaye baş karakterimiz olan Sebastian'ın "anlamadan" arkadaşının karısıyla yatması ve üzerine arkadaşını akabinde yapılan düelloda öldürüp İngiltereden sürülmesiyle başlıyor. 11 yıl sonra Sebastian Fransa da ve dünyada The Raven lakabıyla kiralık bir asker haline gelmiştir. Kızımız Margaret'ın vasisi Sebastian'ın babasıdır. Ve Sebastia...more
Marie
Bintang 3.

Sebuah pengkhianatan seorang sahabat dan sandiawara besar yg merugikan tak hanya satu orang tapi beberapa keluarga yg saling berhubungan erat satu sama lain. Menimbulkan kesedihan dan ketidakbahagiaan bagi banyak orang hanya karena satu orang yg egois dan licik.

Sebastian Townshend putra sulung Earl of Edgewood diasingkan dan diusir dari Inggris oleh sang ayah setelah melangsungkan duel yg merenggut nyawa sahabatnya, putra sahabat sang Earl. Hal itu terjadi karena skandal istri Giles yg...more
Kathy
this story centered on Sebastian... a good man, a good oldest son, honorable... until he sleeps with a woman he doesn't know is betrothed to his best friend (one who lived more in his house than his own while growing up) and is challenged to a duel... his father forbids him to participate in the duel, but he feels so guilty he goes with the intention of dying - not drawing his own pistol and allowing his friend to regain his honor... but, his friend shoots his arm, and the arm jerks, and the pis...more
Angelic Zaizai

Pertama komentarin bukunya..

Terjemahannya bikin bingung.. harus nebak-nebak maksudnya apa.. udah gitu editannya ampyuuun deh .. diedit kaga sih, kok ketikan banyak salah, paragraf diulang2.. halah
Emang udah ragu2 sih, secara ini terbitan Gagasmedia, dulu pernah juga beli novel terjemahan dari Gagasmedia yang iming2 penerjemahnya seorang penulis "ngetop", dipasang di cover depan lagi, dan ternyata terjemahannya ancur seancur2nya...
Tapi tergoda sama warna covernya, manis sekali, paduan pink dan pe...more
Purple Osprey
Here we have one more book where writer spent the total of 4 hours on writing and editing.
It's neither a period novel nor a fantasy, there's one copy-pasted sex scene, so it's not your generic sex book either.
The Raven character is overcooked and just comic, pretty much all characters have very 21st century feel about them.
Could have been awesome adventure story if somebody bothered to spend some time on it.
Star In The Ocean
wow .... marriage most scandalous is romantic love story. sebastian and margaret is perfect relationship. I like it. I like that. everything just a lying for the first but they fall in love. I just want to say I like the ending story. and you know Giles is not death! I know sebastian feels. he want to kill him again (kidding). hehe ... just little seduction. good idea. lol.

over all nice book. thank you Johanna Lindsey
Serena Myles
I had high expectations for this book after reading 'Love Only Once'
But this wasn't anything like i hoped it would be.
The blurb defiantly made me think that this was exactly my sort of thing, but it was far from it.
The romance between Sebastian and Maggie wasn't as believable as i felt it should have been, and to be honest i don't feel like i thought they had really fallen n love.
At one part in the story Maggie says she has something to tell Sebastian, and then when she tries to he tells her...more
Vanessa Alban
Love this book! It was really funny, the H/H are awesome characters and the sex was extra hot. The plot became extremely complicated right at the end but it wrapped up nicely. Highly recommend :)
Barbara (VampAngel)
The book was going so well right up until the end. I was going to give it 4 stars, but there was a plot twist and an ending that were both so contrived it kind of ruined it for me and annoyed me to no end. I'm still torn because if I think too much about that I might give it 2 stars instead of 3. However, since it went so well until about 85% of it I'm going to go with 3 stars for now. It's more of a 2.5 though.

*EDIT TO SAY:*

NO, I can't give it 3 stars. The ending was just too ridiculous. It doe
Kimberly
Set in the Regency era an earl's daughter, Lady Margaret who seeks out a family friend disowned because of a duel. Once a gentleman Sebastian is what Margaret dreams as a young girl what a man should be. Years later while searching for him she realizes he has become "The Raven" a deadly mercenary. In order to save her guardian's life, who happens to be Sebastian's father, places Margaret as the wife of a man she thought she knew and resists to love as he really is not who she thought he should b...more
  • Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8)
  • The Prize
  • The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)
  • Rebellious Desire
  • Undone
  • The Elusive Flame
  • With This Ring
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom...more
More about Johanna Lindsey...
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)

“Aman Tanrım! Ona ne kadar benziyor, ne acayip bir şey.Lord Wemyss'in bir oğlu daha olduğunu bilmiyordum."
"Yok zaten."
"Fakat inanılmaz bir benzerlik var aralarında."
"Bu benzerlik değil."
"Ama-" diyen John artık ne düşüneceğini bilemiyordu. "Ben hayaletlere inanmam," diyebildi sadece.
"Bende inanmam."
"Sen onu öldürmüştün."
"Evet, kendine geldiğinde tekrar öldüreceğim."
John da çok sinirlenmişti. "Sana memnuniyetle yardım ederim.”
1 likes