Start by marking “Infamous Bell Witch of Tennessee” as Want to Read:
Infamous Bell Witch of Tennessee

Infamous Bell Witch of Tennessee

No ghost in history could hold a candle to the infamous Bell Witch of Tennessee. Intelligent, crafty, violent -- the Bell Witch held the little town of Adams in a siege of terror for almost four years. Even today "Kate", as she is sometimes called, is still rumored to lurk in Robertson County, mostly in a small cave on a bluff overlooking Red River. And judging from the nu ...more
Published January 1st 1994 by Overmountain Press

To ask other readers questions about Infamous Bell Witch of Tennessee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infamous Bell Witch of Tennessee

Apr 12, 2015 Cathy rated it liked it
I originally picked this book up in the airport when traveling through Nashville. I came across it again when cleaning out an unused bedroom in our house, sat down and read it. It's short and can be read in a single sitting (which I did). Sandwiched between Chaos and The Prince -- well it obviously isn't in the same class. Still, it was informative, a piece of Tennessee history I didn't know and easy to read. I enjoyed reading it.
Oct 23, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This book is more about history of that time relevant to the story and family. Also, a bit of retelling of the memories written down by Richard Williams Bell in Our Family Trouble. It’s the first book I’ve read about the Bell Witch and I found it a good starting point.
Dominique Lamssies
Aug 04, 2014 Dominique Lamssies rated it really liked it
A well written and thorough account of possibly America's greatest ghost story. The writer not only knows the facts of the case, but manages to convey them with a poetry becoming of the topic. Worth a read.
Clark Rowland
Dec 07, 2009 Clark Rowland rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Children and teens
Recommended to Clark by: Found it on my own
Charles Edwin Price is a respected and well-known storyteller from the mountains of Tennessee and Virginia, and his account of the infamous Bell Witch legend is one of his best works.

From cover to cover, the book kept my interest and even scared me in a few places. Price also does a nice job of laying out the story so that it's easy to follow.

The only downside to this well-written book is that it doesn't provide any new or historical information.
Sep 17, 2009 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book took be almost two weeks to complete. I was scared the whole way through. He described the encounters of the family as if I was there. I would recommend for an October reading
Nov 23, 2012 Marissa rated it liked it
I actually got scared reading this.
Molly Anna
Molly Anna marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2016
Lisa Gail
Lisa Gail rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2016
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Daniel  Greear
Daniel Greear marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Candice marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Lola marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Kay marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Gwyn Zimmerman
Gwyn Zimmerman marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
C.A. marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Becky rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Alicia W.
Alicia W. marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Ruby Nichols
Ruby Nichols rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2016
Jerry marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Don Watkins
Don Watkins rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Penelope Larson
Penelope Larson marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016