Start by marking “No Such Thing as Forever (Girl Heart Boy, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Such Thing as Forever (Girl Heart Boy, #1)

No Such Thing as Forever (Girl Heart Boy #1)

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  540 ratings  ·  85 reviews
Cass is Ms Monogamy. Ashley is a player. Donna is a party girl. But what about Sarah?

Her friends tease her for being uptight, but she's waiting for the one. Now she's found him, but is he forever - or is Sarah just his summer fling?
Published July 5th 2012 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about No Such Thing as Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Such Thing as Forever

Mands
No Such Thing As Forever is the first book in a new series by English author, Ali Cronin. The story revolves around seventeen year old Sarah Millar, her three best friends, Ashley, Donna, Cass and their mates Ollie, Jack and Rich. While on a family holiday in Spain, Sarah meets Joe. After spending a fun week together, Sarah decides she’s ready to have sex for the first time. Now she’s back in Brighton and waiting for Joe to call. Are her friends right, was she just a holiday fling to him, or is...more
Lofinkaa *True Hurts*
CAUTION! One of my most bad-ass reviews ever!

Cover: A little kitschy. That's all.

„Well... maybe I'll just let it go.“

The story: Seventeen Sarah and a bunch of her friends are dealing with only one thing - boys. Cass is in relation, Ashley likes to alternating boys and Donna is a party girl. A typical bunch of today's teenagers. Sarah has never dated a guy before, and she's like, when she could finally talk about her experience with love.

She met an awesome guy at her holidays in Spain and It lo...more
Mariana
Sinceramente, este libro lo leí porque una gran amiga me lo presto y ademas porque me encanto el titulo, pues dice la verdad. Fuera de eso, en el transcurso de las paginas Sarah no dejaba de caerme mal y a decir verdad en todo el libro me cayo mal, siempre quise golpearla, era tan estúpida con respecto a Joe y para acabarla, estaba obsesionada con el cuando el ya le había dejado en claro que no quería nada serio, que solo la quería para follar y punto.
No termino de entender el porque ella dejab...more
Jo
Oct 08, 2012 Jo marked it as gave-up-on
Shelves: 2012, ya, hometown-ya
This book is described as "Fifty Shades of Grey meets the OC".

Um..

I doubt that FSoG refers to penises as "willies" and I've never actually been to Brighton, but I'm guessing the only thing that it has in common with California is that there is a beach. And teenagers living in it's vicinity.

I'm officially giving up, I know how this is going to end and Sarah is annoying me too much and I have had the Grease Megamix embedded in my soul since page one.

You'd think that would be a good thing..
Shirley
To be honest, it’s books like No Such Thing As Forever that put me off reading contemporary YA. I can only say I’m so glad the majority of contemporary books I’ve read this year have been so much better. No such thing as Forever was, most unfortunately, a major disappointment. The characters were dull and irritating; and nothing about the plot intrigued me. I was just glad that this was a quick read, so I didn’t have to spend so much time reading it.

I was so frustrated by Sarah's behaviour thro...more
Aayisha
As I started reading this book, I automatically knew it wasn’t for me. The main character, Sarah is highly oblivious to her circumstances and chooses to live in denial which costs her, her true friends and family. Her continuous neglect to her position irked me and possibly other readers.

Sarah meets a perfect teethed boy on the beaches of Spain and instantly feels a ‘connection’. When things between her and Jo escalate, Sarah wants more from this relationship than the intimate moments, she wants...more
Elii Vela
Reseña cortesía de TIL |The Itzel Library

Empecé este libro sin esperar nada. Era interesante de algún modo y la portada me gustaba, así que lo puse en mis libros prioritarios. Cuando empecé a leerlo y sólo iba en la segunda hoja y ya quería tirar el libro lo más lejos posible. Sarah acababa de conocer al tipo éste, Joe. Era virgen y cero ingenua, más bien mosca muerta, porque no pasa ni unos minutos y ya está viéndole la entrepierna (hellooooo?)

Seguí leyendo porque estaba en modalidad masoquista...more
Maree
Jan 10, 2013 Maree rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Maree by: Mands
Shelves: ya-contemp, 2012-read, uk
I feel like with this particular series of books it’s Mands and I against the world. It was Mands who convinced me I should give this series a go in the first place and I am not ashamed to say I actually really, really enjoyed it. I don’t think I loved it, but I did thoroughly enjoy reading it. The Girl Heart Boy series is light and fun, but does deal with issues which I am sure many teenagers can relate to. It also made a nice change from the string of wonderful, yet heartbreaking contemporarie...more
Celine
Review originally posted in: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
The cover is okay. I'm not really liking image used but I like how the font of 'Forever' is different to the rest of the title's font to emphasize on the word.

Story:

Does forever exist in real life?

Four girls, Cass, Ashley, Donna and Sarah are best friends. When Sarah and her family goes for a holiday in Spain, Sarah tells her friends that she meets a cute guy called Joe and spends her time together with him. When holiday'...more
Georgia
No Such Thing as Forever was a typical, average YA Contemporary book. It wasn’t anything exciting or special. The main character was stupid and immature. It took me a while to read this. I wish I enjoyed it more.

Sarah is like most clichéd YA girls. She has a solid group of friends, girls and boys, and is a man hater. Until one moment, when she is swept of her feet by someone she hardly knows during a holiday with her family at the beach. This boy, Joe, lives in London and is in university. Sara...more
Lena
Tak jo, čekala jsem od toho víc. Už od začátku jsem věděla jaký je Joe kokot. A Sára? Bože, za tu dobu co umím číst jsem snad neviděla naivnější holku. Až do samého konce jsem se chytala za hlavu a doufala, že už to skončí, protože stejně tak jako všechny její přátele, mě nebavilo poslouchat ty její kydy.
Najvětší plus na týhle knize?
Ollie. Jo, ten jedinej se zdál normální.
Možná ještě Jack a Rich...
Galleta Shirahime
Otro tres y medio que no puedo poner porque aquí no se ponen medias estrellas.

No tengo mucho que decir sobre el libro, la verdad es que no esperaba nada de el y por eso me eh pasado un buen raro leyéndolo. Creo que cuando lo compré ni siquiera sabia de que trataba, solo lo hice porque me salia Muy barato [A menos de la mitad del precio]y necesitaba algo ligero porque venia saliendo de varias lecturas pesadas.

Desde un principio uno sabe que la cosa no va a acabar bien [De hecho el principio no me...more
Ana Laura  De Romero

Novela juvenil, chicos de preparatoria, con un vínculo de amistad bastante fuerte que se ve puesto a prueba cuando durante unas vacaciones Sarah conoce a un chico del que queda totalmente enamorada, tan fuerte es el sentimiento que este chico le provoca que desoye los consejos de sus amigas poniendo en riesgo el cariño que todos le profesan. Una temática quizá común pero bien desarrollada con elementos que complementan la historia sin llegar a ser simple relleno. Aventuras entre el grupo de ami...more
Táňa
Knížka byla čtivá a lehce se četla, ale ten děj už byl o něco horší a zápletku jsem měla hned prokouklou.
Co jsem si myslela o Joem?

Tohle asi říká všechno....
Maebhe
Im sorry this is bad - the wee girl in annoyed me sooooo much. I wanted to adopt her and then shake her for being such an idiot! SOrry dont like dis-ing peoples books but she is what makes people think teenagers are idiots and i dont like this but im gona say it - Easy!
Poisongirl 0101
In the beginning I was not thinking I would like this book... but then the story was unfolding and I ended up adoring this group of friends, and, of course, especially Ollie <333
Laura Vargas

ESTA RESEÑA CONTIENE POSIBLES SPOILERS

Si alguien me preguntara si recomiendo leer este libro inmediatamente le respondería con un hermoso NO.

Lo único que me gusto del libro: Ollie, me pareció muy tierno y considerado, a pesar de que su amiga se estuviera comportando como una idiota, él la escuchó siempre que ella lo "necesitaba".

Mis problemas con este libro fueron muchos y el más grande de todos era la ESTUPIDEZ e INGENUIDAD de la protagonista y las falsas esperanzas que adquiere con base en...more
Ronyka7
La verdad no me gusto el libro, entretiene sí, pero el personaje de Sarah es más predecible y aburrido que nada, después de los primeros capítulos me dije: “A esta se la están haciendo mensa, pero al rato se dará cuenta” y miren que tuve que esperar a que se diera cuenta, digo si entiendo que tiene 17 y es un poco “inocente”, pero digo esta se pasa de inocente, es un personaje más bien tonto. Casi siempre trato de pensar si a mí me hubiera pasado lo mismo a esa edad (todos sabemos que tengo lo d...more
Elisa
Reseña publicada en: http://vocesdeloslibros.blogspot.com....

Cuando comencé con esta lectura no sabía muy bien que me iba a encontrar, y aunque tuvo un comienzo con cierto gancho, no terminé de conectar con la protagonista, lo que me hizo llevarme una pequeña desilusión con este libro.

Nada es para siempre es la historia de Sarah, una chica ingenua, tímida e exigente en lo que concierne a los hombres, aunque eso pronto se vaporiza. Nuestra chica nos cuenta como en un viaje a España con sus padre...more
ALPHAreader
Sarah was happy in her role as the stable, reliable one in the friendship group. Ash is ‘doing it like a dude’, Donna is the wild child, and Cass is ‘Ms Monogamy’. Sarah was the happy-medium; not a prude, but certainly not about to give it up for just any boy who thinks romance is a spare bedroom at a house party. Sarah wanted her first time to be special – maybe she doesn’t (entirely) believe in the Hallmark fallacy of rainbows, unicorns and chocolate hearts when it comes to popping your V-card...more
Grace
I started reading this book a while back... At first, when I got it, I was soo excited to read this book (even the 'explicit' parts), then I actually read it (or, most of it), and was so disappointed I didn't even find it worth my time to write a review about it! The first time Sarah fell for Joe's bs it was nervewracking, the second time, intriguing, but by the thirid and fourth time, it just became plain boring. I found this book so repetitive in the best parts-which ruined them for me- and fo...more
Sydney
No Such Thing as Forever, is the newest offering from Ali Cronin, author of Skins: The Novel. As soon as I received the galley I dove straight in and finished the book within hours!

What’s it about? Sarah has always been the safe, dependable member of her group of friends, and has earned a reputation as ‘Ms Monogamy’ due to her lack of action with the opposite sex. When she meets cute older guy, Joe, while holidaying with her parents in Spain, Sarah is surprised by his attentions, and even more...more
Lisa (Badass Bookie)
Rating - 3.5

The Short Story? - Cronin just about broke every cliche about YA contemporary romance. No Such Thing As Forever is far from your typical YA contemporary yet it's every bit as beautiful and enjoyable! A bittersweet love story about real teens dealing with real problems in the real world. Gritty and confronting, No Such Thing As Forever is perfect for those who look to venture into the ugly side of teen romance! Beautiful!

The Long Story? - No Such Thing As Forever is pretty self-...more
Kitty
DECEPCIONANTE!!

Yo, tras leer la sinopsis me hice una idea en la cabeza que para nada se ha cumplido. Pensé que iba a ser una historia de amor juvenil, quizá del nuevo género New Adult que está arrasando, pero no, nada parecido. Podría decirse que tiene una historia de amor, pero no sería del todo cierto, podría decirse que es una historia de amistad, pero tampoco sería cierto… Es la historia de una chica dulce y tímida que se enamora por primera vez, y con esto quiero decir, que es una historia...more
Yazmin Duran
En lo personal, odio hacer reseñas negativas, no me gusta hacer una crítica negativa de algún libro que sé que el autor tardó mucho en hacerlo, y que le puso todo el esfuerzo del mundo pero, sin embargo, tampoco me gusta engañar a la gente diciendo que el libro es de lo mejor cuando no es así (pueden confiar plenamente en mis reseñas, siempre digo la verdad). Así que sin más, les dejo la reseña de tan criticado y polémico libro (polémico entre bloggeros).

Y créanme que me cuesta una barbaridad ha...more
May
EN REALIDAD ES UN 2'5

Nada es para siempre es una novela de la que realmente no sabía qué esperar. Una novela sobre adolescentes reales que no sabía si me iba a gustar o no, pues no es mi temática favorita, pero bueno... Por probar...
Los personajes de la novela son muchos y parece ser que es una saga y que cada libro es independiente uno de otro por el hecho de que cada uno trata sobre un personaje (o eso tengo entendido). Así bien en esta primera parte nos...more
Ali Firenze
Después de estar viendo a cada rato promoción de este libro desde Facebook decidí darle una oportunidad. La portada me es indiferente pues no me gusta ni disgusta. El título le queda perfecto.

La historia comienza muy bien. Sarah es quien nos va contando la historia y ella me caía bastante bien al comienzo porque tiene aspiración hacer una escritora; pero después de que conoce a Joe (que es prácticamente al inicio) ella comienza a caerme mal.

Primero, ella es inocente y demasiado ingenua. Primero...more
Simone
RECENZIA NA BLOGU

Obálka
Veľmi príjemná, pekne kontrastuje čiernobiely podklad s ružovou farbou. Som rada, že bola ponechaná pôvodná obálka, lebo na GR nájdeme aj menej podarené verzie.

Námet & Fabula
Stretnú sa na dovolenke, prežijú pár krásnych chvíľ až prichádza čas lúčenia a slová zavolám ti. Letná dovolenková aférka z pohľadu chlapca a dievčaťa. Aktuálna téma. Spracovanie mizerné. Fajn. mizerné je prehnané. Lepšie bude povedať dostala som dobrý príbeh s príšernou hlavnou hrdinkou. Čakala s...more
Gabby
*WARNING: I Seriously enjoyed this book, therefore, there may be spoilers. And a lot of gushing about it's awesomeness.*

*Actual Rating 4.5*

Cass is Monogamy.
Ashley is a player.
Donna is a Party girl.
But what about Sarah?

Ollie. Oh, Ollie, Ollie, Ollie. God. He was my favorite character from the start! I just love him! *Writes his name down on list of book boyfriends* Although he wasn't the main character, (Well, kind of- at the end...) I would really like to hear/see/Etc. more of him.

Okay, I kind...more
Jireh
Antes de empezar con mi opinión tengo que aclarar que por lo menos para mi las personas sin dignidad y rogonas son las más desesperantes para mi persona.

Este libro trata de Sara la única "feminista y santurrona " de su grupo de amigas hasta que un día de vacaciones con su familia conoce a Joe un universitario muy guapo a los ojos de Sara y sin más sin que le rogará ni un poco Sara se acuesta con joe en la primera noche se conoces e (que bueno que eres la santurrona del grupo) después de acostar...more
~Young Adult Enth...: Girl Heart Boy 1 4 Jul 22, 2013 04:24AM
  • El corazón de Hannah
  • Jasmine Skies
  • Almost True (When I Was Joe, #2)
  • Being Billy
  • Queen of the Night (This is Shyness, #2)
  • Hate is Such a Strong Word
  • The Cinderella Moment
  • The Taming
  • Torn
  • Alex As Well
Hello. I write YA / NA novels, I’m tall, and my hair is now shorter and redder than in this pic. Other than that, we’re good.

My books have been translated into several languages and have reached the top 10 of both the Amazon and iBooks charts. My LinkedIn page has more CV stuff, plus editorial endorsements.

My favourite food is Thai curry with coconut rice and Christmas cake, tho’ not at the same t...more
More about Ali Cronin...
Skins (Skins, #1) Rumour Has It (Girl Heart Boy, #2) Three's A Crowd (Girl Heart Boy, #3) Lessons in Love (Girl Heart Boy, #4) She's the One (Girl Heart Boy, #5)