Start by marking “Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)

Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs #1)

When the team leader dies under mysterious circumstances, former driver Mac Reynolds takes charge. The pair clash as Trace resents his high-handed attempts to control her, while Mac fears Tr
Published April 15th 2013 by Carina Press (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Race, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Race

Juliana Philippa
4.5 stars.
When I found out that Dangerous Race is Dee J. Adams’ first book, I was even more impressed than when I finished it. I don’t read much romantic suspense, but to me this was an example of the genre at its best: a compelling and (actually!) mysterious suspense subplot, combined with a terrific romance featuring wonderful characters and sizzling chemistry.

The book’s heroine is Tracey Bradshaw, the most talented female race car driver in the sport. Four years ago, she survived a horrible
I found this book had potential but I kind of had some problems with it.

a)I never warmed to Chelsea, Trace's newly discovered twin and her romance with the mechanic felt rushed to me.
b)We are never told why Trace's mother gave her away
c)How could Trace be a virgin when she was engaged at 19?
d)I had the same problem with Mac and Trace's romance, too fast and less believable
e)I had some problems with the sex scenes as well, dunno didn't feel any emotion or sometimes trying to be hard to be sexy.

Mrs. Badass
Dangerous Race had all the makings of a wicked novel. Fast Cars, Interesting premise, but it fell flat for me.

The main hero and heroine, Mac and Trace just never clicked for me. Some of it had to do with their respective ages and maturity levels, Trace being a hot-shot 23 year old Race Driver and Mac being a 35 year old Former race car driver who has been living abroad for the past ten years. They just didn't mesh well.

The other thing that Bothered me, and this is something that doesn't bother
Laura Wright
Jan 07, 2012 Laura Wright rated it it was amazing
HIgh Octane Awesomeness!
Lynne Marshall
Aug 20, 2011 Lynne Marshall rated it it was amazing
Engorssing romantic adventure. Hunky hero. Kick butt heroine. I highly recommend this book!
Nov 18, 2011 Tracy rated it really liked it
Romantic Suspense Puts the Pedal to the Metal
Tracey Bradshaw was only nineteen when she learned that, at a whim, life can explode into shards of agony and loss...and in the briefest of instants a bright future can be ripped away from you forever.

She was doing what she loved, what she was born to do, and making a name for herself in the male-dominated racing world. Breaking track records left and right during her practices for an upcoming race, she was high on life, lucky in love with the man of
Tara Chevrestt
I didn't like this book for a number of reasons. It has an interesting premise, woman race car driver, someone wants her dead, a long lost twin sister shows up, and two sexy romances, but I made it just past the halfway point before I threw in the towel. It just wasn't for me. Why? Execution.

Quibble 1: I expected more racing and car stuff. I didn't want so much that it got boring or technical. This didn't do that. There wasn't enough racing stuff. Too much of the story is about the sister/twin
Race Car Driver Trace Bradshaw was at the top of her game when a horrible crash halted her future. Despite the odds, Trace was never one to give up, four years later she is ready to reenter the racing world and prove she is a serious contender in racing.

As a favor Mac Reynolds has agreed to be the team leader to Trace's team. The friction is instant, Trace likes having things done her way but Mac is no slacker and his only goal is to get Trace to the finish line. When it becomes apparent someone
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
This is not a review

Dangerous Race, the first book in Dee J. Adam's Adrenaline Highs series is free today (12/24) at Carina Press! Use coupon code DANGEROUSFREE
Cover: Four years ago, race car driver Tracey Bradshaw almost died in a horrific crash. Now scarred inside and out, she's making a comeback, but her team is plagued by a series of "accidents".

Christine Ashworth
Feb 14, 2012 Christine Ashworth rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Race puts you on an adrenalin high from the very first page, and doesn't let you go. I read this book in one sitting and can only say, "wow"! Not one romance, but two; not one mystery, but two. And one very, very bad villain that you can't even begin to "guess who". The action scenes are written so vividly that you'd swear you can smell the motor oil and feel the car vibrate beneath you. The romances are written with heart and heat, and just the right amount of push-pull between the se ...more
Aug 30, 2011 Ann rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody who loves good writing!
What can I say? I LOVED this book! I highly recommend it for anybody who loves great storytelling. Period. It really does have something for everybody - racy cars for the guys,racing hearts for the girls, and masterfully written suspense that will keep you guessing until the end! It was like "reading" a movie - the characters are all well defined and I felt like I knew them personally. I usually find that it takes new authors a few books to hit their stride, but in this case, I think Dee J Adams ...more
Feb 17, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
I haven't read Romantic Suspense in quite a while, and then I had to pick this one up. It sounded so good and best of all, it didn't disappoint. This was a kick ass book with incredibly well written characters. I went back and forth several times trying to figure out who amongst the cast of potential baddies was the bad guy. It was a "hold on to the edge of your seat" thrill ride. Two love stories in one book was a HUGE bonus. Cannot wait for Dee J. Adam's next release.
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. Tracey and Mac are both likable characters but they get along with each other like oil and water, which certainly kept things interesting. This is the first book I've read by this author and based off this Ill probably try more of her work in the future.

Tracey is a professional race car driver. She was raised in foster care and didn't have a good childhood, spending much of her time hanging out at the race track. Fortunately, Tracey got taken under a wing
Nov 13, 2013 Vilia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Review from Backchatting Books

Tracey Bradshaw was almost pushed off the racing car circuit when someone poured oil on the track while she was training. Extensive physiotherapy and sheer bloody-mindedness has got her to a point where she should be able to win the competition she missed out on last time but the sudden death of her mentor (Uncle Joe) means she has a new team leader, Mac Reynolds, calling the shots.

Tracey is very independent and the way she interacts with others often comes across a
Christi Snow
Feb 04, 2012 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
My Review:
This book starts off with a serious bang. I was partway into the second chapter when I turned to my husband and told him about how stunned I was by how much action and emotion had already occurred in this story. It does slow down a bit after that, but honestly, not by much. This is a book about racing and I know that for me, my emotions and heart-rate were racing throughout most of the book. It's a great book and definitely one that I enjoyed.

Tracey has had a hard time of it...pretty
3 - 3.5

My first book of the new year!

This was a freebie from Harlequin - usually I would never buy a racing romance, but this was actually really fun. All the characters were strong and clearly defined, though a few minor characters fell into heavy stereotype regions. The pace was good, but I felt there were a few too many sex scenes bogging down the plot(but then I read and write sweet mostly so I'm probably a little biased ^_^).

My real pet peeve was stupid. (view spoiler)
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

I'm always looking for new romantic suspense and in this case, mixed in with car racing... well I just couldn't resist. Of course going into with really no expectations, I have to say I really enjoyed this book!

Was it suspenseful? A little bit more on the contemporary romance with a suspense twist for me. But it worked with the story.

So we have Tracey Bradshaw, or as I like to call her, the woman with nine lives. She's had a passion for racing since she
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Dec 24, 2015 Brianna (The Book Vixen) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brianna by: Juliana Philippa
Review copy provided via NetGalley

Why I Read this Book: When I saw Juliana’s review on this book, I knew I had to read it. Juliana had me at ‘romantic suspense’ and ‘female race car driver’. If it weren’t for Juliana and her review, I may not have come across this book.

What I Liked: I loved that the protagonist is a female race car driver. I love reading romance novels about race car drivers period but make the main character a female race car driver and that deserves props. I love a heroine who
Cocktails and Books
I'm not a racing fan and generally don't get into racing books, but this was one that snatches you by the shirt and pulls you in.

Tracey Bradshaw is a young woman trying to get her life back on track. Four years ago, she was at the top of her game as a race car driver until a freak accident almost killed her. She's spent those four years rehabbing her body and mind to get back to that place. And while she might be ready for racing, Tracey has other scars she has to deal with as an aftermath of t
Oct 23, 2011 Christa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
Dangerous race was a solid, action packed romantic suspense. I enjoyed it from start to finish, and am glad to hear that it is the first book in a series. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series. This book had plenty of suspense, romance, and some great characters. I admired the heroine, Trace, as she fought her way back from a horrific accident to come out at the top of profession. The hero was also a great character - very likeable and protective of the heroine. There were also som ...more
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

I thought this book was going to be about a women race car driver dealing with a stalker. While part of that statement is true, I was wrong, it was a whole lot more than just that.
It starts out with Tracey almost dying in a crash in her race car. Four years later she's back to win the race that almost took her life before. But things change when people start dying, and new people come out of Tracey's past that she never knew about.

This book was good. I
Beverly Diehl
At the photo-finish, I would give this 4.5 out of five stars. Despite my personal loathing for the world of auto-racing, Dangerous Race wrapped me up in it. Adams made me smell the ethanol and *like* it. I believed in the lead character, Trace, and her bumpy romance with her new crew chief. My only issue was I thought the villain was too obvious, and there should have been more politicking behind the scenes re: his personal goals. A pit crew is big - we should have seen more of the others being ...more
Apr 24, 2012 Eva rated it really liked it
Dee Adams is a new author to me and I am impressed! Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1) was a non-stop powerhouse of suspense/thrill. There was always something going on and I loved how the plot never dragged. The character development was great as well, although I didn't really care for the main female character too much. But I think that was just my own personal tastes coming into play and not the way the character was written.

The only thing I didn't like was that I had figured out who the
low 3s

fairly strong contemporary thriller with romance on the side for a few high-fives. the rather large cast of characters were somewhat unevenly drawn -- the author seemed to have more people and back stories than she had room or the patience to write. hence, certain characters are more lovingly, patiently, and completely (hence realistically) drawn than others.

while the de facto primary protagonists were fairly compelling and consistently drawn, they weren't so amazing as to make up for the
The heroine is a race car driver and that made an interesting job. It wasn't overdone, however, so the main focus remained on the couple and not on the racing world. The development of the couple's relationship was believable, as were their characters.
There's also a second romance in this book, and this couple gets almost as much screen time, but I didn't mind as I secretly liked that hero better.
Finally, this has a suspense plot, and although it wasn't hard to figure out who the bad guy was, it
Christine London
AN amazing debut novel, Dee J Adams has done herself proud with this riveting race tale. Hot sex and fast cars are just the beginning when this two-fer tale of love and redemption tickles your fancy for page turning suspense and sizzling romance.

Looking forward to the next in the series of this adrenaline rush. Could we be seeing the birth of female James Bond-like characters with hutspa and teflon strengths? Damn right!
Angela Campbell
Nov 03, 2011 Angela Campbell rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read with captivating characters and a suspenseful plot. At first I was thrown by the multiple POVs simply because I'm not used to reading books with so many, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the read. I preferred Mac and Trace's coupling much more than Chelsea and Matthew's, but I liked getting to know all four characters. The suspense kept the pace moving right along. Overall, I enjoyed this very much.
Enjoyable book if you don't look too closely. It's predictable, not realistic, and details don't add up but still fun to read. I enjoyed Tracey and the racing but a lot happens btw the racing and the mysterious accidents. I know Chelsea plays an important part but I really just wanted to skip over her parts (Tracey was more interesting).

If you like predictable stories, multiple POV, racing, and fierce love this book is for you.
Aug 19, 2013 Vivian marked it as did-not-finish
I can't help it. I start a new book and get through a chapter before I stop. Look at Goodreads for reviews. I found the answer I wanted. I stopped reading because I could feel I would be disappointed with this story, because things already did not ad up.

But I say at least give it a try, who knows YOU may actually like the story!
Jun 17, 2015 Tameka rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
this book was filled with all kinds of drama from the time that you start the book to the very end. It definitely kept me on my toes and guessing. the tension between Trace and Mac is palpable and you can feel it. Good read.
  • Hold Me
  • IOU Sex
  • Passion Patrol (Passion Patrol #1)
  • My Everything
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • Negligee Behavior
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Freed by You
  • Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)
  • Player's Ultimatum
  • Guarding Jess (McCormack Security Agency, #2)
  • Dead Again
  • Apples and Regret and Wasted Time
  • Exorcising Sean's Ghost
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Edge of Survival
  • Dangerous Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
Dee J. was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. After graduating high school, she moved to Los Angeles and did what most people do in L.A. Tried to make it in show biz. She did okay. Got enough acting work to pay the rent and keep the S.A.G. card. (Screen Actors Guild in case anyone is wondering.) She also worked as a Dialogue Coach in sitcoms. (That's code for acting coach and also means she helped ...more
More about Dee J. Adams...

Adrenaline Highs (6 books)
  • Danger Zone (Adrenaline Highs, #2)
  • Dangerously Close (Adrenaline Highs, #3)
  • Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4)
  • Imminent Danger (Adrenaline Highs, #5)
  • Always Dangerous (Adrenaline Highs, #6)