Start by marking “Beyond Deceit: Legacy of a Madman” as Want to Read:
Beyond Deceit: Legacy of a Madman

Beyond Deceit: Legacy of a Madman

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Beyond Deceit is a novel for the intrepid reader. It is wildly imaginative fiction that sears the mind with a fantastical tale that is so well written and plotted it could be mistaken for reality. Beyond Deceit is more than a good read. It is a must read.
Published October 1st 2009 by Vantage Press (first published August 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Deceit

Jessica
Well of course I loved this book, my father wrote it! The saying is true, "You can't judge a book by its cover". The journey this man takes had me at times feeling anxious, excited, scared and relieved. I obviously did not actually experience WWII, but who hasn't at some point in their life, sat down with an elderly family member or friend and listened to their stories of when things were so different. In my opinion, stories that can take you out of the present and into another world, is one hel ...more
Sam
The reader is immediately pulled into the story when a sick old man named Karl is found comatose in a Los Angeles, California alley and taken to a hospital/rest home in Palm Springs. There, he is cared for by a staff that includes Jason, a curious young man who is immediately drawn to the stranger. What is his story? How did he get to be the way he was found? Little by little, Jason gains Karl s confidence and during the days that follow he listens to a story that will change his life forever. T ...more
Jarod
Nov 16, 2011 Jarod marked it as to-read
I always have been fascinated by the Holocaust and history. I think, even though this is fictitious, it would be a great read for some history involved.
Bill Westbrook
Nov 22, 2011 Bill Westbrook rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can't really give an un-biased review about my own book, but I would love your opinion! It will make you stop and think!
Robert Kiehn
This was a great read!

Very interesting and suspenseful, it makes you think
and is hard to put down.

It involves World War 2, The Nazi's, Hitler,
The Holocaust, and many other subjects that
people will find interesting.

I don't want to give away any spoilers.

Look forward to more of these books from Bill.

I give it 5/5 stars and recommend it to anyone who
likes reading a good fiction book.

Also I won this on here and Bill autographed it
for me! :)
Olaf
Mar 07, 2013 Olaf rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Olaf by: Goodreads
Shelves: first-read
I received my signed review copy of this book after entering into a draw for one of a few copies, so my review might be seen as a little biased. I'll try to remain objective.

Beyond Deceit is a really easy, quick read. I suspect that I've read many of the same books Bill has, as the basic premise of the book is based on a conglomerate of various post-WW2 Nazi survival myths I've read about. Bill has done a credible job of weaving them together into an internally consistent framework, and has adde
Ginny
Stories about the Nazis and Holocaust interest me since having visited Dachau and I thought this would be another take on this terrible time in history. Instead, this is written by an author who wants to manipulate us to hate and fear Hispanics as though they are as despicable as the Nazis were. I was stunned and angry at this act of racism. I am white, non-Hispanic and I am outraged.
Cristina
This was provided to me By Bill from a giveaway. I was honored to have the opportunity to read this story.

It was not something i normally read, however for some reason it caught my attention. I am glad i read it, literally from the very first page you are sucked in, i was taken back to a different ara. This book had me hooked, i couldn't put it down. Also my husband, who does NOT read books was intrigued and he also read the book and loved it! Kudos to Bill! you delivered one hell of a story!
Andy
Andy added it
Aug 02, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Unknown Unknown
Unknown Unknown marked it as to-read
Michelle Yanney
Michelle Yanney marked it as to-read
Helen Smithers
Helen Smithers marked it as to-read
Mary Teresa Reno
Mary Teresa Reno marked it as to-read
Alina Vincent
Alina Vincent marked it as to-read
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Alexandria Matson
Alexandria Matson marked it as to-read
Helen Odendahl
Helen Odendahl marked it as to-read
Joshua Macer
Joshua Macer marked it as to-read
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Anyssa Grayer
Anyssa Grayer marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Maria Nikic
Maria Nikic marked it as to-read
Beyond Deceit, Legacy of a Madman 1 2 Jan 15, 2014 03:34PM
  • The World's Last Mysteries
  • Knickers in a Twist: A Dictionary of British Slang
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Philosophy
  • Chicago Haunts: Ghostly Lore of the Windy City
  • Fallout 3: Prima Official Game Guide
  • The Cabinet of Dr Blessing (The Dr Blessing Collection Parts 1-3)
  • Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science
  • Bigfoot!: The True Story of Apes in America
  • The Bedside Baccalaureate: A Handy Daily Cerebral Primer to Fill in the Gaps, Refresh Your Knowledge & Impress Yourself & Other Intellectuals
  • Diabetes for Dummies
  • The Simpsons Beyond Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Still Continued
  • Preacher, Book 4
  • Wolf Hunt: The Burning Ages
  • Inamorata
  • The Extra
  • Elizabeth Bathory: A Memoire: As Told by Her Court Master, Benedict Deseo
  • One More Son
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Plague of Dracula
Bill Westbrook is a writer of fiction and poetry, as well as, being a talented performer, singer and composer. As a veteran singer and musician in the entertainment industry Bill has performed all over the United States, including three tours through Alaska and Canada.

In the late 1980's, Bill went back to college where he majored in marketing, advertising and minored in creative writing. He found
More about Bill Westbrook...
Where Have All the Horses Gone?

“It is better to have loved and lost, than to have paid for it and not liked it" UNKNOWN” 1 likes