Start by marking “Beyond Deceit: Legacy of a Madman” as Want to Read:
Beyond Deceit: Legacy of a Madman

Beyond Deceit: Legacy of a Madman

Beyond Deceit is a novel for the intrepid reader. It is wildly imaginative fiction that sears the mind with a fantastical tale that is so well written and plotted it could be mistaken for reality. Beyond Deceit is more than a good read. It is a must read.
Published October 1st 2009 by Vantage Press (first published August 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Deceit

Jessica
Aug 17, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Well of course I loved this book, my father wrote it! The saying is true, "You can't judge a book by its cover". The journey this man takes had me at times feeling anxious, excited, scared and relieved. I obviously did not actually experience WWII, but who hasn't at some point in their life, sat down with an elderly family member or friend and listened to their stories of when things were so different. In my opinion, stories that can take you out of the present and into another world, is one hel ...more
Sam
Nov 30, 2011 Sam rated it it was amazing
The reader is immediately pulled into the story when a sick old man named Karl is found comatose in a Los Angeles, California alley and taken to a hospital/rest home in Palm Springs. There, he is cared for by a staff that includes Jason, a curious young man who is immediately drawn to the stranger. What is his story? How did he get to be the way he was found? Little by little, Jason gains Karl s confidence and during the days that follow he listens to a story that will change his life forever. T ...more
Jarod
Nov 16, 2011 Jarod marked it as to-read
I always have been fascinated by the Holocaust and history. I think, even though this is fictitious, it would be a great read for some history involved.
Bill Westbrook
Aug 09, 2011 Bill Westbrook rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can't really give an un-biased review about my own book, but I would love your opinion! It will make you stop and think!
Robert Kiehn
Dec 01, 2011 Robert Kiehn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books, favorites
This was a great read!

Very interesting and suspenseful, it makes you think
and is hard to put down.

It involves World War 2, The Nazi's, Hitler,
The Holocaust, and many other subjects that
people will find interesting.

I don't want to give away any spoilers.

Look forward to more of these books from Bill.

I give it 5/5 stars and recommend it to anyone who
likes reading a good fiction book.

Also I won this on here and Bill autographed it
for me! :)
Olaf
Feb 04, 2013 Olaf rated it really liked it
Recommended to Olaf by: Goodreads
Shelves: first-read
I received my signed review copy of this book after entering into a draw for one of a few copies, so my review might be seen as a little biased. I'll try to remain objective.

Beyond Deceit is a really easy, quick read. I suspect that I've read many of the same books Bill has, as the basic premise of the book is based on a conglomerate of various post-WW2 Nazi survival myths I've read about. Bill has done a credible job of weaving them together into an internally consistent framework, and has adde
Cristina
Feb 28, 2013 Cristina rated it really liked it
This was provided to me By Bill from a giveaway. I was honored to have the opportunity to read this story.

It was not something i normally read, however for some reason it caught my attention. I am glad i read it, literally from the very first page you are sucked in, i was taken back to a different ara. This book had me hooked, i couldn't put it down. Also my husband, who does NOT read books was intrigued and he also read the book and loved it! Kudos to Bill! you delivered one hell of a story!
Ginny
Jan 03, 2014 Ginny rated it did not like it
Stories about the Nazis and Holocaust interest me since having visited Dachau and I thought this would be another take on this terrible time in history. Instead, this is written by an author who wants to manipulate us to hate and fear Hispanics as though they are as despicable as the Nazis were. I was stunned and angry at this act of racism. I am white, non-Hispanic and I am outraged.
Chrissy♥Dev
Chrissy♥Dev rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Jack Myers
Jack Myers rated it really liked it
Blogads
Blogads rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2011
Robert Fletcher
Robert Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2011
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2011
Jazzmin
Jazzmin marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2011
Nadya
Nadya marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2011
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2011
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2011
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2011
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2011
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2011
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Peter
Peter added it
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Shannon Dykes
Shannon Dykes marked it as to-read
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Jennifer Ware
Jennifer Ware marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Marty
Marty marked it as to-read
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
John
John marked it as to-read
Bt
Bt marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2011
Beyond Deceit, Legacy of a Madman 1 2 Jan 15, 2014 03:34PM
  • Conspiracy Theories & Secret Societies for Dummies
  • Backyard Guide to the Night Sky
  • Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science
  • Criminology For Dummies
  • The Simpsons Beyond Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Still Continued
  • Knickers in a Twist: A Dictionary of British Slang
  • The World's Last Mysteries
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Philosophy
  • The Extra
  • The Cabinet of Dr Blessing (The Dr Blessing Collection Parts 1-3)
  • Bigfoot!: The True Story of Apes in America
  • Chicago Haunts: Ghostly Lore of the Windy City
  • Fallout 3: Prima Official Game Guide
  • Diabetes for Dummies
  • The Bedside Baccalaureate: A Handy Daily Cerebral Primer to Fill in the Gaps, Refresh Your Knowledge & Impress Yourself & Other Intellectuals
  • Inamorata
  • Fallen Angel
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Plague of Dracula
Bill Westbrook is a writer of fiction and poetry, as well as, being a talented performer, singer and composer. As a veteran singer and musician in the entertainment industry Bill has performed all over the United States, including three tours through Alaska and Canada.

In the late 1980's, Bill went back to college where he majored in marketing, advertising and minored in creative writing. He found
More about Bill Westbrook...

“It is better to have loved and lost, than to have paid for it and not liked it" UNKNOWN” 1 likes