Start by marking “Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas, #2)

Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas #2)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,479 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Once a vibrant woman, Alison Bennson suffered a terrible trauma in the past. When her past crashes back into her life, Alison must turn to the Kategans for help. Rome Kategan has been a haunting thought in her mind ever since she met the grinning rogue. If only she was the woman she used to be she could enjoy the sexy male, but instead she is haunted and fearful for the fu ...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Efition, 124 pages
Published July 26th 2011 by T.A. Grey (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Awakening

Feral Sins by Suzanne WrightGo Fetch! by Shelly LaurenstonPack Challenge by Shelly LaurenstonTempting the Beast by Lora LeighA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Best Werewolf Erotica
74th out of 466 books — 868 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
146th out of 743 books — 833 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa
Jul 18, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it

Dark Awakening is book two in T.A. Grey's The Kategan Alphas series and it commences approximately two months after Breeding Cycle which is book one in the series.

To sum it up:

We have a reserved and standoffish girl.

description

We also have a handsome playboy who is intrigued by said girl's standoffish ways.

description

Then we have a dangerous and asshat of an ex who is back in the picture and after Alison.

description

Above mentioned guy now becomes white knight and saves the girl.

description

Dark Awakening certainly has darker undertones th
Jill
Jun 29, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
mmmmmmmm, these books are delicious. Good fun smut!
Christina
Jun 20, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
The book is Sex-on-Paper. Really good sex, though.
Sammy Loves Books
Dark Awakening picks up two months after Breeding Cycle. This book was more dark than book one but still just as erotic. Conlin is the werewolf Prince and he's a sick man that enjoys hurting woman. Alison has moved on from the attack she suffered at Conlin's hands two years ago, but she is still emotionally scarred. Roman, Kategan alpha yummy sex god, is determined to break down her defenses and find out why Ali can't stand to be alone with him.

This is an erotic paranormal novella. The plot was
Ria Lize
Nov 21, 2014 Ria Lize rated it it was ok
I was looking for a nice and easy read but I was a little disappointed with Dark Awakening.

The heroine, Alison had a really stubborn streak. Yes, she was hurt in the past, but I never fully connected with her. There Rome was, patient and protective and head over heels in love with her. She never really saw that until he withdrew from her.

Then when she let him in they didn't even do it slow, it went BAM. And for someone with her kind of past, I was expecting more of her just trying to discover he
Elaine
Excellent 2nd book in series.

A few months ago, I would have told you that I really don't care for PNR, shape-shifter genres. But through my time on Goodreads, I've been able to ID some great books, and my reading interests have expanded.

This particular book had a compelling story line, which held my interest. The white-hot sex scenes were "all that".

Looking forward to the 3rd book.
hugsandcookies
This is what I think of Roman aka Rome. He totally is that alpha and he gets what he wants. Oh boy, *fans self*.

Well what can I say but this book blew me away, yes it did but not for 5 Stars sorry. It had the vibe down pat. Straight through reading, end of your seat knowing what you want and don't want to happen. That's my feels. I love how the author didn't actually have them naked within the first chapter but made Allison out to be weak but underneath she wasn't.

Let's just say that this book
Rachel Wheeler
Jun 25, 2013 Rachel Wheeler rated it liked it
Didn't enjoy this book like I did the first but it still appealed to me! Like I have said prior about this series it is not a series that will captivate you but it does entertain you for a few hours.
Dee
Feb 08, 2013 Dee rated it liked it
Oh these Alpha males are HOT!
Rome is just so alpha it gives me goose bumps.

Phew...another cold shower needed :)
Karen
Nov 18, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
Poor Allison has been thru Hell, beaten and near raped by a brutal shifter who had to abuse women to get off... Well he is still after her. When he hears about Rome being in Love with Allison He decides He must have her and then of course he only wants her to torture her.. but when she went into her breeding cycle Rome was there for her.. and he fell for allison... lock stock and barrel!!! He will fight to the death for Allison. Which may just come to both of them.. Sadly... I cannot tell anymor ...more
Melinda
Apr 27, 2012 Melinda rated it liked it
Well, my ebook called this one "Capturing Jeron", however, i realized that this is actually "Dark Awakening". Confusing, but I'll leave it (for now).

Thought this was a good story, but felt that the ending was a bit rushed, in that, Alison after resisting her attraction to Rome, then it seemed that all of a sudden she knew he was her lifemate. It just felt rushed, but at least it has a happy ending and everyone lives happily ever after. :-)

All-n-all, enjoyable and will probably be picking up the
Christon
Apr 25, 2014 Christon rated it really liked it
I give Dark Awakening a 4.5 star rating!! I don't know if it's because I thought Rome was hotter than Vane or because I liked Alison more than Sarina, but I actually enjoyed the second book in the series more than the first one. That doesn't happen often. But hey, I'm all for a series getting better with each book because it makes the anticipation of the next book worth while. I enjoyed Rome's sexiness and I understood Alison's apprehension to trust after what she went through with Conlin. Howev ...more
Cozen
This is the second book for this series that I have read, the first being book one, "Breeding Cycle." I did read both books back to back and I would actually give this more of a 3.7 rating if that was possible.

Both books did have some draw to it. I am a werewolf paranormal erotic fanatic at heart so a lot of these books just interest me. I did see the family Kategan dynamics as a plus and this book did have more of an appeal to it from the sample and prolog. It still seemed weak though. I can't
Patricia
Oct 03, 2012 Patricia rated it it was amazing
ok, so i loved the first book so much, i couldn't resist this one. and thank god i got it, roman is by far one of the absolute sexiest characters i have read in a long time. i absolutely love everything i have gotten my hands on by t.a. grey, and look forward to continuing on with this series.
p.s. t.a. grey paints a beyond hot and beautiful picture just describing roman answering a door....*sigh* i NEED more roman!!!!
Kerry
Aug 10, 2012 Kerry rated it it was amazing
WOW another epic book and all the old character's make an appearance with the focus now on rome and alison, fantastic continuation of story one, heart felt emotions, past issues and worries. Hot sex and massive love of foreplay get's you steamy in no time, loved this one was more emotional at times cause of ali's past but also found a bit brutel too.

still fabulous read and loving the series xx
Marta
I liked this one better than the first. Based on the plot and considering that Roman was one hot alpha, I would have liked to have given it 4 stars. The author added just one too many sex scenes which had me skimming through them towards the end. Other than that, I will keep reading because I like this Kategan family.
Awilk -never sleeps-
Another smut-tastic book in this series. The editing is still letting these works down, but it isn't taking away any of my enjoyment. I will be happily continuing on with this series.
Sheilah
May 14, 2013 Sheilah rated it liked it
Good book a bit short on my nook by only 96 pages but the plot and character made up for it can't wait for the next book!
Sharould
Sep 13, 2012 Sharould rated it really liked it
Just as hot as book one ( breeding cycle ) but a little rushed at the end .
Tammy
Mar 10, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
wonderful book this series has been fantastic reading so far.
Tana
Mar 28, 2013 Tana rated it really liked it
it was ok. loved the drama defintely more intense than the first one.
Amy
Jun 05, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Very good book. Looking forward to the next one.
Julianna
Think i liked this one even better than the first one.
Scubasubiker
Jun 17, 2012 Scubasubiker rated it really liked it
Great read with some VERY steamy scenes!
V. Mariketa  Nix
Jun 18, 2012 V. Mariketa Nix rated it it was amazing
Rome is hot and Alison ,,,,I want to be her!!
A. Cook
Mar 10, 2014 A. Cook rated it liked it
Shelves: ta-grey
Though I enjoyed the first book of this series (Breeding Cycle) I enjoyed Dark Awakening more. It has more action and a small element of angst. The antagonism from Rome's (male lead) past lover (Sandra) could have and should have been developed more. A large amount of this story is rushed but that doesn't make it less enjoyable. Also, more should have been shown concerning Conlin since he is a large element of the storyline. The last thing is spell checking/proof reading a bit more. Overall, the ...more
Amanda
Dec 03, 2012 T.K. rated it it was amazing
LOVE them ALL!
Crystal
Sep 30, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
Alison Bennson has been through a really bad relationship with a guy named Conlin. She thinks that she has got away from him until her friends mating. She starts having letters from him and she walks into her house one day to have her house trashed and a little surprise on her bed. She ends up going to the Kategan land and hopes she can get her life back. If only she can get Rome Kategan out of her mind.

Rome Kategan has feelings for Alison and knows that she is the woman for him. He goes crazy w
  • Breeding The Female (Forced, Fucked, and Bred Trilogy, #2)
  • Pleasuring The Beast
  • Captain's Price
  • Hunger of the Wolf (Wolfen, #3)
  • Mona Lisa Three
  • A Flash of Fang (Wiccan-Were-Bear, #2)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • Cum For Bigfoot 2
  • The Panther's Desire (Were-Cats of Apple Creek, #1)
  • Owning Arabella
  • Mating Season (Children of Nanook, #1)
  • His Purrfect Mate (Mating Heat, #2)
  • Mating Fever
  • The Horny Night Gaunt
  • Wolf Bond (Lyric Hounds, #2)
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • Beauty and the Wolf
  • Forced by the Quarterback (Forced Series, #5)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author T. A. GREY loves to write sexy, pulse-pounding romances that will keep you up late at night.

If you're a fan of adventurous paranormal romance novels, then you'll love her Bellum Sisters series. This isn't your typical romance story, so be prepared for a kick of heat and tons of action featuring some spunky, spell-casting succubi sisters who are given to one unique man:
More about T.A. Grey...

The Kategan Alphas (7 books)
  • Breeding Cycle (The Kategan Alphas, #1)
  • Wicked Surrender (The Kategan Alphas, #3)
  • Eternal Temptation (The Kategan Alphas, #4)
  • Dark Seduction (The Kategan Alphas, #5)
  • Tempting Whispers (The Kategan Alphas, # 6)
  • A Kategan Alphas Christmas Special: featuring Vane and Sarina (The Kategan Alphas Book 7)