Start by marking “The Way Between the Worlds (Aelf Fen #4)” as Want to Read:
The Way Between the Worlds (Aelf Fen  #4)

The Way Between the Worlds (Aelf Fen #4)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The new ‘Lassair’ Aelf Fen historical mystery - Come to me! I need you! These words bring apprentice healer Lassair awake one morning in the spring of 1092, trembling with terror. Soon Lassair is certain that one of her loved ones is in terrible danger . . . and when the news comes that a nun at Chatteris Abbey – where her beloved sister Elfritha lives – has been murdered ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Severn House Publishers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Way Between the Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way Between the Worlds

Abra
This series of pagan/Wiccan 11th century wish-fulfillment historical mysteries is growing on me. Ordinarily a lot of the elements would annoy me, but somehow, in this book, the specificity of the link to Roman legionary Mithras' worship and much later peat bog sacrificial "threefold deaths" gave the series some rootedness. Now I am more willing to enjoy it and less swift to critique.
Bea/ Ruby
I really enjoyed this book even thou i haven't read the books before it.
Well, written and very enjoyable.

Maureen
I really enjoyed this book. I was initially attracted to it in my local library by the cover showing an atmospheric ruin and a flock of birds overhead in a stormy sky.

It didn't disappoint as it was an easy read with interesting characters. I especially enjoyed the blend of historical fiction with mystical elements as Lassair is a healer with psychic talents that connect her with her ancestors.

I will be looking for other books by Alys Clare in both the Aelf Fen series and the Hawkenlye series.
Leslie
An interesting story, though I found the juxtaposition of three different points of view, one in first person and the other two in third person, with nothing to distinguish them except extra space in the text, to be somewhat disconcerting. I also could wish that a map had been included, since I wasn't always clear where different places were in relation to one another.
Debra S
Alys Clare does a very nice job of taking a few pieces of known fact and weaving a story around them. If you like early Medieval English history mixed with a bit of the old religion or magic, this book might be for you.
Cindi
Seemed to be lacking something, still good, but feels off or maybe hurried towards the end. Overall, a great series.
Margareth8537
Managed to get a few of these from the Library at the same time, so am probably overdosing on them!
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Carrie Jackson
Carrie Jackson marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Oct 10, 2014
Cassie Hawkings
Cassie Hawkings marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Jeanne Johnson
Jeanne Johnson is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2014
905_schrama
905_schrama marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Sue Young
Sue Young marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jamie Pollard
Jamie Pollard marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Alys Clare is the pen name used by Elizabeth Harris for the Hawkenlye series of historical mysteries.

Alys Clare is the pseudonym of a novelist with some 20 published works to her name. Brought up in the countryside close to where the Hawkenlye Novels are set, she went to school in Tonbridge and later studied archaeology at the University of Kent. She lives for part of the year in Brittany, in a re
More about Alys Clare...
Fortune Like the Moon (Hawkenlye Mysteries, #1) Ashes of the Elements (Hawkenlye Mysteries, #2) Out of the Dawn Light (Aelf Fen, #1) The Tavern in the Morning (Hawkenlye Mysteries, #3) The Chatter of the Maidens (Hawkenlye Mysteries, #4)