Start by marking “The Way Between the Worlds (Aelf Fen #4)” as Want to Read:
The Way Between the Worlds (Aelf Fen  #4)

The Way Between the Worlds (Aelf Fen #4)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The new ‘Lassair’ Aelf Fen historical mystery - Come to me! I need you! These words bring apprentice healer Lassair awake one morning in the spring of 1092, trembling with terror. Soon Lassair is certain that one of her loved ones is in terrible danger . . . and when the news comes that a nun at Chatteris Abbey – where her beloved sister Elfritha lives – has been murdere ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Severn House Publishers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Way Between the Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way Between the Worlds

Abra
Mar 12, 2014 Abra rated it really liked it
This series of pagan/Wiccan 11th century wish-fulfillment historical mysteries is growing on me. Ordinarily a lot of the elements would annoy me, but somehow, in this book, the specificity of the link to Roman legionary Mithras' worship and much later peat bog sacrificial "threefold deaths" gave the series some rootedness. Now I am more willing to enjoy it and less swift to critique.
Janet
Mar 06, 2015 Janet rated it really liked it
I like the relationship between Lisare and the young man - but it seems the spiritual rules the world rather than the practical to a large extent.
Bea
Mar 11, 2014 Bea rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book even thou i haven't read the books before it.
Well, written and very enjoyable.

Maureen
Oct 07, 2013 Maureen rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was initially attracted to it in my local library by the cover showing an atmospheric ruin and a flock of birds overhead in a stormy sky.

It didn't disappoint as it was an easy read with interesting characters. I especially enjoyed the blend of historical fiction with mystical elements as Lassair is a healer with psychic talents that connect her with her ancestors.

I will be looking for other books by Alys Clare in both the Aelf Fen series and the Hawkenlye series.
Jes
Apr 27, 2015 Jes rated it liked it
Good
Leslie
Mar 28, 2012 Leslie rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
An interesting story, though I found the juxtaposition of three different points of view, one in first person and the other two in third person, with nothing to distinguish them except extra space in the text, to be somewhat disconcerting. I also could wish that a map had been included, since I wasn't always clear where different places were in relation to one another.
Debra
Feb 15, 2012 Debra rated it really liked it
Alys Clare does a very nice job of taking a few pieces of known fact and weaving a story around them. If you like early Medieval English history mixed with a bit of the old religion or magic, this book might be for you.
Cindi
Jun 03, 2012 Cindi rated it really liked it
Seemed to be lacking something, still good, but feels off or maybe hurried towards the end. Overall, a great series.
Margareth8537
May 25, 2013 Margareth8537 rated it really liked it
Managed to get a few of these from the Library at the same time, so am probably overdosing on them!
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
hunter
hunter marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
veronica taylor
veronica taylor rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Beverly Hollinhead
Beverly Hollinhead marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Doglette Wright
Doglette Wright rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Mar 28, 2016
Bethan Wallace
Bethan Wallace marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
C.A.
C.A. marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Nancy Elkington
Nancy Elkington marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Broken Token
  • Miss Dimple Disappears (Miss Dimple Kilpatrick #1)
  • Death and the Chapman (Roger the Chapman, #1)
  • Dark Entry (Kit Marlowe, #1)
  • The Ides of April (Flavia Albia Mystery, #1)
  • To Wear The White Cloak (Catherine LeVendeur, #7)
  • A Plague of Heretics (Crowner John Mystery #14)
  • I, Claudia (Claudia Seferius, #1)
  • Get Out or Die (Aurelia Marcella, #1)
  • The Case of the Good-Looking Corpse (The P.K Pinkerton Mysteries, #2)
  • Broken Music
  • Gold Digger (A Klondike Mystery #1)
  • City of Fiends (Knights Templar, #31)
  • Death in the Dark Walk (John Rawlings, #1)
  • The First Murder  (The Medieval Murderers, #8)
  • Mrs. Jeffries on the Ball (Mrs. Jeffries, #5)
  • The Law of Angels (An Abbess of Meaux Mystery, #3)
Alys Clare is the pen name used by Elizabeth Harris for the Hawkenlye series of historical mysteries.

Alys Clare is the pseudonym of a novelist with some 20 published works to her name. Brought up in the countryside close to where the Hawkenlye Novels are set, she went to school in Tonbridge and later studied archaeology at the University of Kent. She lives for part of the year in Brittany, in a re
More about Alys Clare...

Aelf Fen (7 books)
  • Out of the Dawn Light (Aelf Fen, #1)
  • Mist Over the Water (Aelf Fen, #2)
  • Music of the Distant Stars (Aelf Fen, #3)
  • Land of The Silver Dragon (Aelf Fen  #5)
  • Blood of the South (Aelf Fen #6)
  • The Night Wanderer (Aelf Fen #7)