Start by marking “Manikin (Channeling Morpheus, #3)” as Want to Read:
Manikin (Channeling Morpheus, #3)

Manikin (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion #3)

Marushka loves pretty things: lace and velvet, porcelain and pearls. She sews elaborate costumes for all of her dolls, and she spends hours arranging their hair just so. Her collection is growing; she's added a very pretty trinket, and his name is Michael. She can't wait to dress him up.

Michael always suspected mentally ill vampires grew worse and worse as the years went b
Nook, 57 pages
Published August 9th 2011 by JCP Books LLC (first published August 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Manikin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manikin

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
18th out of 427 books — 613 voters
Muscling Through by J.L. MerrowSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerOne of Those Days by Zathyn PriestStr8te Boys by Evangeline AndersonDangerous Ground by Josh Lanyon
Best M/M Novellas, Short Stories
492nd out of 530 books — 235 voters

More lists with this book...

Shurrn
A little bit darker & a lot more bloody...
"I'm going to keep hunting bad vampires."

He snorted. "And here I thought you'd rather be a dentist."

Fine. Mock. Better than him shutting down and going all quiet, like he'd been in the kitchen. "You can do it
with me."

"My guidance counselor told me that my serial killer skills were totally lacking..."
Things are heating up in this series. We were back to Michael's POV with this book and everyone's favorite goth kid amateur vampire hunter is in a ti
Rosa, really

Yeeeeeeeeeees! I believe this is turning into the journey of two (view spoiler) in luuuurve. And fucking all over the place. And really just one (view spoiler). And it ain't the vampire. But, still, YES! I like.

P.S. I love Wild Bill.

P.P.S. All the condom mentions are getting a wee bit aggravating. If you can't fuck your vampire lover without a condom...just...what is the fucking point?
Sheri
May 01, 2015 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Dark and scary. Surprising actually. This is a bit much for me. Typically I'd be hiding under the covers.
But...
I just can't stop....I think I've been vamped.

Pass me another smoke will ya Wild Bill....I think I'm gonna be here awhile.

*4.5 bloodytastic-and-I-want-more stars*
julio
Nov 30, 2013 julio rated it it was ok
thematic balance feels off, in this one.

the villain was pretty creepy. but an awful lot of this was introspection interrupted by fucking with a tiresomely high condom count.

upside? MOAR WILD BILL.

downside? swear to god these two will be fucking while wearing hazmat suits in the next book.

he wouldn't even lie on top of billy buttfuck on account of the cooties.

not very sexy.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Jun 15, 2015 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars

I need a cigarette… and a drink… and then another cigarette.

Good thing Michael is just as enticing to Bill as Bill is to Michael. That attraction pretty much saves Michael's life.

Things are starting to get a bit complicated because, you know… feelings
Rachel
Mar 23, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, supernatural
And here the story takes off. Manikin springs the series forward and cements the draw for Channeling Morpheus as Pancakes does for The Administration. Providing for a turning point in the nature of the sex and the relationship, but also posing the question to the reader, “What constitutes good and bad in a morally ambiguous world?” A dynamic that will propel this series.

“… vampires are as individual as humans…”

That singular realization completes the fade to gray altering Michael’s black and w
Heather C
OMFG! I am absolutely loving Michael and Wild Bill! Those two are so intense together and I'm beginning to see how perfect they really are for each other. And OMG the sex is just...I don't know how to describe it. Intense...sensual...revealing...

There is still so much I want to know about these characters. Can't wait to start the next one.
Sofia

Rating for the whole series

JCP is being clever. After reading Vertigo in Wild Bill's point of view, in this one we are fully on board with his feelings eventhough this is Michael's turn to have his point of view aired. I like how JCP worked this out and also how she uses the sex scenes as a means of communications to convey points, feelings. Not just sex.

Marushkha, (view spoiler)

Overall thoughts on the series here

Chan
Marte
Jun 04, 2014 Marte rated it really liked it
Recommended to Marte by: ✰ Marco Manganiello ✰
Quite a disturbing start. One totally crazy vampire has Michael in her hold. The horror...

...and suspense!
A couple of turns and I'd be out of there. I grabbed the key, and twisted it. It fell out of the brace and clattered to the floor. "No...."

Her "lair"... "Doll" maker...

The middle part almost lost a start, but the end saved it. Nice! Hawt! :D

BR with the thirsty, Marco. ;)
His review.

On to the next one!
Catherine
This series is sexy and a little heartbreaking. The more the feels grow between these two, the more I enjoy it.
Ingela
Written June 13, 2015

3.8 Stars - At last — I'm a fan!

Novella serial #3

photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg  photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg  photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg  photo 5ad522d3-25eb-4338-8d6d-499205859793_zpshpve8ntz.jpg

I'm listening to the 7:44 hrs audiobook box Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary including novella #1-#5:

Payback (Channeling Morpheus, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price Manikin (Channeling Morpheus, #3) by Jordan Castillo Price Tainted (Channeling Morpheus, #4) by Jordan Castillo Price Rebirth (Channeling Morpheus, #5) by Jordan Castillo Price = Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary Ebook Box Set (MM Paranormal Horror Romance) by Jordan Castillo Price

Payback was a first short teaser to Michael and Wild Bill's future adventures. The second Vertigo was about their second meeting and still mostly an hilarious amusing PWP shortie. I'm liking this smart and clever 21 years old youngster Michael more and more. The vampire Wild Bill is awesome cute to
Jordan Price
Aug 11, 2012 Jordan Price marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I must confess that the relationship between Michael and Wild Bill is so intimate at times that I felt like a voyeur, it made me want to leave them alone.

What I found really interesting is that we are used to heartless and cold vampires paired up with humans who try to instill a sparkle of humanity in them. In this series it's Michael, the kid, who seems to have divested himself from his humanity, because he is becoming a ruthless vampire killer. On the other hand Wild Bill, the vampire, express
Shelley
Uhng ...these guys ....I can't even ...

...they are just so hot! I haven't the words to describe the level of hotness here. I passed a red van today with two blokes in it and just about crashed car when I cricked my neck trying to check em out, and then had to control the urge to do an illegal U-turn to begin stalker mode ...

I know it wasn't Wild Bill and Michael - duh - it was a knee jerk reaction okay. But that just goes to show how they have consumed my thoughts and crossed over into my world.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 26, 2015 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Well, this makes me feel a little bit better. Gotta keep going.
Kaje Harper
Nov 19, 2013 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing
I liked this one a lot - it had a nice range from creepy to hot to funny to sweet in the span of one short story. These two guys are fascinating to watch together, with Bill both the (secretly) softer and more reluctant member of the pair.
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews
Mother of all that is righteous. These 2 burn up these small pages. I just can't get enough. Fuck!
turn me dammit!!'
Otila
Jun 13, 2015 Otila rated it really liked it
Read as part of Channeling Morpheus for Scary Mary Ebook Box Set

I loved the creepy vibe this one had.

Wild Bill and Michael are still super hot (view spoiler)
Julesmarie
Jun 08, 2012 Julesmarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, vampires
The first part of this one reminded me of a particularly horrific episode of a show like the X-Files or Supernatural. And just when it gets so icky I don't think I can keep reading... In comes Bill.

It's good, I think, that we've gotten to be in michael's head for the two slayings, so we can know what's going through his head and feel sympathy for him rather than fear or concern like Bill has.

I honestly love these two so much! And I love who they are when they're together even more. So much mor
Lucy
Jun 11, 2014 Lucy rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as the other two but still a fun read. I adore Wild Bill! On to the next!
Deanna Against Censorship
The opening is an attention getter. We have Michael's POV again. A little creepiness and a lot desire. Love Big Red and the promise of always having a place for day and for sex. Will Wild Bill remain the hero of this series? He is the human element although he is the Vampire. Michael knows how to get under Bill's skin. Love their relationship.
Desinka
Mar 15, 2013 Desinka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way the characters of Michael and Wild Bill develop. The chemistry and heat between them is tangible. I'm impressed with the economical way in which Prices gives them depth and credibility. Michael is fascinating with his youthful righteousness and Wild Bill is so endearing with his air of inevitability where Michael's whims are concerned.

Sadonna
Jan 17, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, mm, vamps
Oh my God. These two just keep getting hotter. Bill saves Michael during his latest hunt, but seems to be having doubts about Michael's intentions toward vamps. However, it's obvious that he doesn't want to stay away from Michael - especially since he has followed him to South Dakota and purchased a van in his name. Now that they seem to be travelling together, what happens next? Will Michael keep hunting? What is Bill's role going to be in this thing? And what about all this explosive sex? Inqu ...more
Susan
Oct 22, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I cannot seem to get enough of Michael and Bill. Boy boy boy, these two are definitely the kind of hot that make you tingly all over. I love the dangerous vibe when these men are together.
The story continues with Michael still on the hunt for big bad vampires. With Wild Bill still his sarcastic sexy vampire self. And the two of them set the bed (or wherever is convenient) on fire.
EscaPe iNTo thE PaGEs
I put this one in my favorites shelf before I even read it and wasn't disappointed. Marushka is one crazy bitch. I will never understand how Wild Bill thinks but I think Michael is good for him. I will definitely read the next one.
Cole Riann
Review posted at Brief Encounters Reviews. In conjunction with BER's week of Channeling Morpheus reviews, here is Part One and Part Two of our interview with Jordan Castillo Price.

Note: This was my second read of the series, the first of the 2nd edition.

4.75 stars (rounded up!)

I guess it’s a bit like cabin fever… but imagine that happening to a vampire with access to a population and an obsession with dolls. That’s Marushka. Incredibly, unbearably creepy.

There are two things that make this story
Amy Spector
May 22, 2016 Amy Spector rated it it was amazing
I think this series one needs to be graded as a whole, and not necessarily by its individual parts. I reserve the right to come back and update my ratings.

Elsbeth
The beginning was quite disturbing... eeeuw

But then the rescue of Bill!!!

description

“I’m going to keep hunting bad vampires.”
He snorted. “And here I thought you’d rather be a dentist.”
Fine, mock. Better than him shutting down and going all quiet, like he’d been in the kitchen. “You can do it…with me.”
“My guidance counselor told me that my serial killer skills were totally lacking. He recommended I look into food services for a rewarding career. This was back when wooly mammoths roamed the earth, but I’m gu
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
May 05, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, vampire, ebook
I am quickly becoming invested in these characters. They seem just about perfect for each other and offer each what the other needs, even if they don't totally accept it yet. I love how the point of view is flipping back and forth from book to book, and I hope that continues through the rest of the series. We get to see more of Wild Bill's humor in this one, and I am definitely a fan.
Christy Duke
Michael has gotten himself into a bit of a mess in Sioux Falls. Oh, but, before I get to that, 'Manikin' is book three in the 'Channeling Morpheus' series and revolves around Michael, a hunter of vamps, and Wild Bill, a vampire. These two are hotter than hot together, and each installment is a different point of view, which I'm really liking, thank you very much, Jordan. So far, these two haven't really worked together, but the tide is about to change. I hope.

Like I said, Michael has gotten hims
Jordan Castillo P...: Manikin (Channeling Morpheus #3) 5 9 Jun 17, 2014 03:33AM
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2)
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
  • Notturno (The Hours Trilogy #1)
  • Enduring Instincts (Instincts, #2)
  • Hell Cop
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts, #9)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Our Sacred Balance (Triquetra, #3)
  • Dance in the Dark (Dance with the Devil, #2)
  • Winter Winds
  • Souls Deep
  • The Holy Road (Rifter #5)
  • Irregulars
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Payback (Channeling Morpheus, #1)
  • Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus,  #2)
  • Heaven Sent (Channeling Morpheus, #3.1)
  • Tainted (Channeling Morpheus, #4)
  • Rebirth (Channeling Morpheus, #5)
  • Brazen (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #6)
  • Snare (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #7)
  • Fluid (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #8)
  • Swarm (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #9)
  • Elixir (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #10)