Start by marking “Miss Pettybone's First Case ” as Want to Read:
Miss Pettybone's First Case

Miss Pettybone's First Case

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  7 reviews
If life is what you make it, then Miss Loraine Pettybone figured she took a wrong turn a long time ago. Her job as a Postal Carrier for the last twenty-seven years is duller than her love life. As middle age spreads its cloak around her, she realizes how boring and mundane her life has become.
When a tall, dark, mysterious, stranger rents out an isolated farmhouse on her ro
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Pettybone's First Case, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Pettybone's First Case

Jean
Actually the story wasn't too bad. It is a cozy mystery set in small town Missippi and Miss Pettybone, bored with her life and her job decides that she can solve the murder. She even feels entitled to solve it since she has found the body, while on her postal route. The story takes the usual twists and turns of this genre, involving other interesting characters and leading Miss Pettybone to new places.
The problem with this book is it is desparate for an editor, possibly even just a second reade
Gail
I liked this book. Miss Pettybone is a letter carrier in Mississippi who loves Miss Marple and Nancy Drew. Although she never mentioned it, there's a little Harriet the Spy mixed in. She's never married and lived in the same town all her life. She's not twenty something and a little self-conscious about her age and a little set in her ways.

One of the men on her route is a stranger, rude and uncommunicative. She needs to deliver a registered letter and after several days of no response, she break
Judy
I am reading the Kindle edition of this book and it is riddled with spelling and word usage errors that detract from my enjoyment of it. I wonder who proofreads (if anybody does) the Kindle editions. I feel as if I were reading Freshman compositions -- the errors are so basic. I could overlook an occasional typo, but when "shining" is repeatedly rendered as "shinning," the problem is not typographical. I have very little patience for those errors in published work.

Although as cozy mysteries go,
Leanne
The story is fine, maybe even better than fine. I was so frustrated by the typographical errors that it was difficult to concentrate fully on the story. It appears that the author/editor relied solely on an automatic spell check for proofreading (course instead of coarse; hear instead of here; a character's name spelled Scot and Scott multiple times on the same page; etc).

The main character is 36, but behaves as though she is 60. And one wonders if Pepsi Co. was giving out product placement bonu
Lynn Demsky
A good cozy to read, Miss Pettybone is so very opinated --- the characters in the story were comical, interesting and unusual --- read it enough that I went and found another one of the Series to read!
M-J
I continued to read the book, hoping to eventually begin to connect with the characters but they were just not believeable. I will not be waiting for Miss Pettibone's next adventure.
Dayle
Entertaining!
Glenda
Glenda marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Patty Allen
Patty Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Denise Pappu
Denise Pappu marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Constantine
Constantine marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Heather Bishop
Heather Bishop marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Allison Rasa
Allison Rasa marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Pamela
Pamela added it
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Murder Of Minnie Stover (Miss Pettybone's Southern Series) Murder Is Risky (Murder Can Be Risky Series) No Harm Done tell him she's not here Tommy Carter: The Trouble With Girls