Start by marking “The Attributes of God: Deeper into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God, Volume 2)” as Want to Read:

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Attributes of God, Volume 2 is finally available! Taken from seventeen sermons Tozer preached at his last pastorate, in Toronto, Canada, these messages, edited for print, provide refreshing and stimulating devotional reading.
Published February 1st 2001 by Christian Publications (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Attributes of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Attributes of God

On this book, I will simply echo my previous review of the former volume. The book is highly practical and engaging. The tone is less formal than Tozer’s “Knowledge of the Holy” and probably better suited to a group book study approach. There is some overlap with “Knowledge of the Holy,” but overall it was an excellent read in its own right.
This is the 3rd book I've read by A.W. Tozer. I'd say he is one of my favorite Christian authors. I have agreed with everything that I have read. Love that he uses the bible to prove his argument. Very biblical and encouraging book. Needed to refocus my gaze back on God!! Would definitely recommend it! Can't wait to start another book by Tozer!
I love the way Tozier challenges the reader to think about the greatness of God in all His apsects.
An excellent book, absolutely worthy of reading and using in your study of God's attributes and together with Scripture. HOWEVER, Vol. 1 made more of an impact on me, so if you had to choose one to read, I would go with Vol. 1 over Vol. 2. That being said, ideally - read both. I came away with much to ponder and a deeper understanding (and reminder) of the awesomeness of God.

On a personal note: Before reading Tozer, I didn't even realize I had put God in a box... now I can never imagine doing s
Mark Richardson
Follow up on his first attributes book and just as powerful. What a heart challenge to address God's attributes.
Michael Waldron
Awesome, along with Volume 1. will read again!
This is the second of Tozer's books I've tried reading. The content is excellent, and so far, I agree with him and think he is teaching truth. However, there is something in the writing style that I just don't enjoy. Perhaps its the style that results from him "writing like for a magazine" which I've heard said about the two Attributes of God books. Ah, well, to some extent, we are each unique.

For a good explanation of who God is, however, these seems an excellent book.
This is not the best Tozer book (that title may have to go to The Knowledge of the Holy) but it was a solid and edifying read. There are several points where his Arminian presuppositions poke through as he is wrestling with application, but his ability to take majestic truths about God and put them forward plainly and powerfully is unparalleled! The last chapter on The Perfections of God is worth the price of the book!
I did this as a small-group study and it is very enlightening, a good companion to volume one. It definitely broadens any limited view you may have of God! Each chapter details a different attribute of God, and there is a study guide section with questions. God is so outside of our limited human minds, the book inspires more reverence for Him. I would recommend for other believers.
Debs Taylor
I didn't get quite as much out of this as I did out of volume 1. Perhaps because some of the foundational ideas are, naturally, repeated between the two books. Also I read this by myself and discussed the first one in a group - thus, perhaps, getting more out of it? All that said, worth reading to expand your mind and awareness of how BIG God is.
Just completed this study book with a great group of lady friends. I think its best done in a group to get the feedback of others. Learning the attributes of God will definately give you a deeper relationship and better understanding of who God is.
This is a practical book to make my life more like HIM.... yet to complete the book :-)
Tedra Sharon
Tozer is a clear winner in his field
all Christians should read at least one of his works
Love Tozer! This was a good read and very encouraging.
Leslie Betz
Further into his thoughts on the vastness of God
Tom Sargeant
You won't regret reading this!
Jacqui Cartwright
Tozer's insight is beautiful!
Incredibly graceful...!!!!
A wonderful book!
Ken Jordan
Ken Jordan is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2015
Kayla marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Debbie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Penny Holgate
Penny Holgate marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Veronica Nelson
Veronica Nelson marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Benita Stepp
Benita Stepp marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
  • Biblical Theology in the Life of the Church: A Guide for Ministry
  • The Existence and Attributes of God
  • Concise Theology
  • The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview (5 Volume Set)
  • Who's Your Father?: Returning to the Love of the Biblical God
  • Spurgeon on Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
  • Revival
  • Dispensationalism
  • Spiritual Maturity
  • Reflections for Ragamuffins: Daily Devotions from the Writings of Brennan Manning
  • How To Worship Jesus Christ
Aiden Wilson Tozer was an American evangelical pastor, speaker, writer, and editor. After coming to Christ at the age of seventeen, Tozer found his way into the Christian & Missionary Alliance denomination where he served for over forty years. In 1950, he was appointed by the denomination's General Council to be the editor of "The Alliance Witness" (now "Alliance Life").

Born into poverty in we
More about A.W. Tozer...
The Pursuit of God The Knowledge of the Holy The Pursuit of Man: The Divine Conquest of the Human Heart The Attributes of God: A Journey Into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God, Volume 1) Whatever Happened to Worship?: A Call to True Worship

“All things as they move toward God are beautiful, and they are ugly as they move away from Him.” 30 likes
“What is wisdom? It is the skill to achieve the perfect means by the perfect ends ” 7 likes