Start by marking “Bravemouth” as Want to Read:
Bravemouth

Bravemouth

BILLY, the ground-breaking biography of the nation's favourite iconoclast, gave millions of readers a fascinating insight into the personal and professional life of the genius that is Billy Connolly. Then, in the sequel to that bestselling book, the award-winning Pamela Stephenson celebrated life with the Scottish beastie as he hit the big six-oh. In it we relive colourful ...more
Published July 19th 2004 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Bravemouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bravemouth

Alyce
Feb 26, 2013 Alyce rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not up to the high standard set by 'Billy'.

I hope I've misinterpreted the author's intent, but many stories felt slightly tainted by name-dropping... though maybe this is unavoidable when telling the story of one so famous!
Iain
Aug 17, 2009 Iain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite comedian. Really enjoy most of Billy's work whether it's his stand-up or otherwise(The Man Who Sued God - seriously amusing)- and liked this alot. Hate to be harsh but I could've done with less of Pamela Stephenson. Minor moan though. Good read.
Yari
Mar 04, 2012 Yari rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partly-read
Couldn't get this book at all, Pamela follows Billy around describing his dress sense and hate of all things beige... Odd and boring after not very long
Derek Craig
Too much Pamsy not enough Billy
Henry Sheppard
Holly Kenyon
Feb 21, 2015 Holly Kenyon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
Having read Billy I was full of enthusiasm for this 'sequel'.
I was a little disappointed.
As much as I enjoy Pamela Stephenson's friendly writing style there was far too much content all about her. Her opinions, her experiences, her feelings, her travels.
Apart from a brief anecdote at the beginning of each chapter, there was very little Billy Connolly. It was as if she would occasionally remember that the book was actually supposed to be about her husband and would drop in the odd "when I told
Marco
Jan 09, 2010 Marco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone that enjoys Biographies
The only thing i dont like about this book is that Pamela at times gets off track and talks a bit too much about herself rather then about Billy, but given this is more about what its like to live with Billy, rather then a book totally on him, that much is forgiveable.

If you have read Pamelas first book on her husband, simply called Billy, then you need to read this follow up, its another open and honest book that you are sure to enjoy.
Louise Jones
Aug 02, 2013 Louise Jones rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: billy fans comedy
i did not enjoy it as much as his first book perhaps did not tug at the heartstrings as much mads me see hoe caring a man BILLy is although u can be 100 % if you have the rigght picture about anyone but could see that Billy cares deeply aboutt his family and that may be because of his upbringing ! not a taxing read by any means but nice to goto bed with the book !!!
Nicole
As Billy would say, "Och!"

What a fantastic read! I have not laughed that much in a long, long while. "Pamsy" takes the man that we all already know and love and manages to make him all the more lovable.

Full Review- http://bookywooks.blogspot.com/2010/0...
Beau Johnston
Mar 05, 2014 Beau Johnston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography, humour
I don't know. Perhaps comedic genius can only be born out of tragedy (or a very sh!tty upbringing). I laughed when I read the threats his parents used to make to him, because my mum used to make the exact same threats. It must be a Scottish thing.
Simon Lowes
This man is funny. He was abused, had some fucked up times in his life. He's the talented guy he is because of his past life. I read this book because I like him. If you read it because you don't like him then you're a bit of a time wasting twat.
Hilary Tesh
Much preferred Pamela Stevenson's previous book about her husband - this was ostentatious in parts although the parts about Billy, not the celebrity lifestyle, were interesting.
Roland
Oct 01, 2009 Roland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute MUST-READ!
Debbie
Brilliant. I love Billy Connolly, he is so funny and I find great comfort in the way he talks and has coped with his life experiences.
Cathy
Love how you get to know Billy through the book.
Kylan
Feb 14, 2014 Kylan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great insight into the life of Billy Connolly, his wife Pamela, and his family. Actually makes me want to go out and buy Billy, the first book.
Ann
Feb 01, 2011 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As good as Billy
Eleanor
A lot less funny (or interesting) than you'd expect.
Isla Scott
Dec 22, 2015 Isla Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its quite amusing, with some funny anectdotes. Its not too long a read either. Its probably not the most memorable celeb memoir-style book I've read but its a good enough read.
Bobcesca
Aug 26, 2009 Bobcesca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A big fan of Billy Connolly, but this is truly one of the worst books I have ever read.

Such a shame.
Deena
Aug 26, 2007 Deena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A follow on from Billy and ,again it is well written with tons of Billy quotes and phrases and one that I will definately read again
Andrea
Nov 21, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally loved this book. Written by one of my heroes, about one of my heroes. Moving and very funny at the same time - in tears one moment, giggling away the next. I highly recommend it!
Adrian
Jan 26, 2016 Adrian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent, but not as good or insightful as the first book. Some funny momments about Billy, but I felt the book was as much about Pamela Stephenson.
Alex
Oct 08, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well-told. Quite funny. A little rude. This book is his adventures in his 60th year.
Michelle
Jul 21, 2014 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Stephenson wrote about Pamela Stephenson, not Billy Connolly, and Billy Connolly is the person I wanted to read about.
Edel
Apr 07, 2009 Edel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is told by Billy wife and after reading this i would be eager to read other books about or by Billy.
David Freeman
Great bloke who like a quiet life but his wife knows better and makes him lead the like of a superstar.
Conor O'mahony
Conor O'mahony rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2011
Joe Hinchliffe
Joe Hinchliffe rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2016
  • Billy Connolly's Route 66
  • The Sound of Laughter
  • So Far...
  • Under the Wire: The Bestselling Memoir of an American Spitfire Pilot and Legendary POW Escaper
  • Highway to Hell: The Life & Times of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott
  • The Last Fighting Tommy: The Life of Harry Patch, the Oldest Surviving Veteran of the Trenches
  • Parcel Arrived Safely: Tied with String
  • Diary of a Jetsetting Call Girl (Nancy Chan, #3)
  • Don't Fall Off the Mountain
  • Dear Me
  • Cancer Schmancer
  • The Last Escape: The Untold Story of Allied Prisoners of War in Europe 1944-45
  • A Young Man's Passage
  • The Man in the Rubber Mask
  • Fighter Boys
  • The Ultra Secret
  • The Real Bettie Page: The Truth About the Queen of Pinups
  • And a Voice to Sing With
Dr Pamela Helen Stephenson Connolly (born 4 December 1949) is a New Zealand-born Australian clinical psychologist and writer now resident in the United Kingdom. She is best known for her work as an actress and comedian during the 1980s. She has written several books, which include a biography of her husband Billy Connolly, and presents a psychology-based interview show called Shrink Rap on British ...more
More about Pamela Stephenson...