Start by marking “The Tourist” as Want to Read:
Preview

The Tourist

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  6 reviews
ebook
Published (first published August 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Tourist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tourist

Literary
When as I began reading this novel, I was appalled by how murderous Robert Cleghorn was. As I finished the book and thought about it for awhile, I am now more appalled by how much of a victim Robert was.

Robert is the youngest of two siblings. He decided to join the military and was transferred overseas for his tours. He was injured during one of his tours and was hospitalized. When he was better, a friend of his coerced Robert into joining the CIA. Robert was nearly killed while working for the
Book Him Danno
This is a well paced murder mystery that will keep you turning the pages. I found the characters interesting, some endearing, some frightening and most of them multi-faceted. The ‘copper’ Stewart is one I would like to read more about, along with Shelly, Flowers, and Alec. The way the characters interacted with each other seemed real, making them people I would like to have as friends, co-workers or neighbors.

The murders are gruesome, but not out of line with the story or the plot. Stewart is r
Melanie Adkins
Robert Cleghorn is a product of the United States Special Forces. He becomes too good at his job and the government decides to "retire" Robert. The way they do this is by giving him medication that wipes his memory clean and then give him false memories to hang on to. He lives on the edge. The younger brother and the one considered the black sheep. Stewart White is a Detective Inspector, newly minted. He's ready for the job and the move to a new location. He's a modern day Sherlock Holmes. In f ...more
Susanna Mahoney
A mystery that will keep you spellbound.

The Tourist is a modern day entertaining tale about a Sherlock Holmes detective story with colorful characters, a mystery unraveling around an operator who became a victim of shady culprits who used him as a killing machine against terrorists and other war causalities. After an injury he is locked away in an asylum and his superiors used manipulative medications that messed with his brain chemistry and confuses his perception of reality causing amnesia and
Marja McGraw
Sep 20, 2011 Marja McGraw rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery and suspense readers
The Tourist by Jack Everett and David Coles took me by surprise. This is the story of a British Detective, Stewart White, and an American tourist who has a horrific past based on intensive military training, drugs and past injuries.

Robert Cleghorn goes in search of his brother's wife in England. Unfortunately he has some mental and physical problems, and he's been trained to kill--which he does while trying to find Stephanie.

Stewart White must find the American before he kills again, not an easy
Kathy
Wonderful thriller that features British detective Stewart White who is pursuing American Robert Cleghorn. Robert has assumed his dead brother Alan's identity after doing away with him. Robert sets off to Britain in pursuit of his sister-in-law, Stephanie. Robert Cleghorn has had a past that has left him brain damaged and dangerous. He was in the Special Forces and the CIA so he has been trained to hunt and kill.

This isn't my usual type of read...a little bit more descriptive of gore than my usu
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Jack
Jack added it
Nov 17, 2011
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2011
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 13, 2011
The Diamond Seekers 1/1 Jihad Britain Damaged Goods: A Dectective Inspector White Caper (D.I. White Mysteries Book 1) The Last Free Men Last Mission