Operation: Enduring Santa

Operation: Enduring Santa

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  5 reviews
USAF fighter pilot Janet Kerrigan is not having a good Christmas. It's bad enough she is stationed in Balad Air Base, Iraq and away from her three-year-old son, but to make matters worse, she has to spend her Christmas day on Combat Air Patrol.

A friend and fellow pilot tells her to make new Christmas memories, and much to Janet's surprise, she does, though not the kind of...more
Published June 23rd 2012

Tara Chevrestt
Jun 23, 2012 Tara Chevrestt added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Released today! Just in time for Christmas in July. Yay! Who is in the holiday spirit?
Melissa
This little story was definitely a great Christmas in July release. I have a fondness for Tara's writing because she has such a great ability to weave a story. It would be hard to be away from family at Christmas, as well as other times. The fact that it centers around the USAF gives it a certain twist.
I know this will sound odd, but its like a mini Top Gun feel at Christmas in my opinion. A 5/4 from me on this wonderfully different take a Christmas tale.
Lance Greenfield
Without giving away the whole plot, I really can't say much more about the story than is already contained in the description of the book.

All I'll say is that this short story is a lot of fun and you really ought to read it right away. It'll only cost you a few pennies and a tiny slice of your time. You won't regret it.
Laura DeLuca
Janet is a fighter pilot stuck in Iraq for the holidays. She's also a single mom whose missing her little boy. Feeling a touch of the holiday blues, she confesses to a fellow pilot that she never liked the holidays. Not long after, the two of them are in the sky. When an unidentified flying object appears in her path, Janet can't believe her eyes. This is no enemy aircraft, but she has orders to shoot first and ask questions later. Will she follow orders or find the true meaning of the holidays...more
Dana Mason
This is a wonderful heart-warming story. I needed pick-me-up after all the news on school and mall shootings. It helped me get in the spirit.
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Kindel
Kindel added it
Feb 06, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Laima
Laima marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Lori Johnson
Lori Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2012
Rosa Sophia
Rosa Sophia marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Christie Gucker
Christie Gucker marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
May 15, 2012
Nevey Badr
Nevey Badr marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Allain
Allain added it
Dec 28, 2011
Tara Chevrestt is a deaf woman, aviation mechanic, and dog mom. You’ll never see her without her Kindle or a book within reach. As a child, she would often take a flashlight under the covers to finish the recent Nancy Drew novel when she was supposed to be sleeping.

Tara is addicted to British TV, has a crush on Cary Grant, laughs at her own jokes, and is constantly modifying recipes and experiment...more
More about Tara Chevrestt...
Love Request HerStory: Fiction Honoring Women's History Month Maiden Behind the Mask Ride for Rights Dog Tails: Three Humorous Short Stories for Dog Lovers