Start by marking “Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College” as Want to Read:
Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College

Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College (The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks)

The college years are a time of noble pursuit of knowledge, self-betterment—and unending peril! Students are at risk from the moment they receive their acceptance letters. Fortunately, the authors of the phenomenally best-selling Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series have come to the rescue, offering all-new, hands-on, step-by-step instructions for surviving the wor ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook

Dec 27, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Meh. There were some moderately useful things, and some mildly humorous things. There were also borderline offensive things - pretend to be a foreign student by skipping deodorant comes to mind. That trope isn't even funny, why use it?

The decorate your dorm room ideas were overly complicated. Check the local Goodwill or dumpster dive at move out would have been better advice. But that is minor.

The hook up, date three people at once (by lying, not open honesty or exploring a polyamorous lifestyle
HeavyReader
Dec 25, 2011 HeavyReader rated it liked it
Recommends it for: college students; fans of the "Worst-Case Scenario" series
Shelves: how-to
I requested this through BookMooch. I hope the Mooch comes through because I really do want to read this book even though my college days are long over.

I enjoyed this book very much. Parts of it were really funny.

My favorite sections are the "hippie" portion of "How to Take on a New Identity" (it's spot on); the food equivalency chart (the calorie equivalent in mugs of beer for a variety of food items); "How to Eat When You're Broke;" "How to Sleep in the Library;" and "How to Tell Your Parents
Jesse
Jun 06, 2009 Jesse rated it it was ok
As a college graduate, I can appreciate some of the 'advice' this survival guide gives you. It plays on old college cliches and actually gives the occasional pearl of wisdom but it is mostly a humor novel. I know me and my roommates never did make curtains out of old shirts. If you're going to get it, get it for the humor. There are plenty of other books that give real advice and the truth is often stranger than fiction.
Peter Kauffmann
Oct 11, 2010 Peter Kauffmann rated it really liked it
Even though I'm done with undergrad, this book is still amusing enough to be worth a read on its own. My favorite part was the diagrams that come up every few pages or so. They seemed very self-important for how absurd the situations were, eg, "In the case of a stadium riot, move quickly away from the mascots."
Simon
Dec 27, 2010 Simon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kayla
This book was facinating and gave a inside scoop of the overexaggerated college life, we'll see.
Maggie
Apr 27, 2011 Maggie added it
funny. i'm not sure whether to take it seriously or not.......
Kiwi
Sep 26, 2008 Kiwi rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kiwi by: Sapph
Not my thing, but a few of the parts made me laugh. Definitely a good read to just look at college stereotypes and get a good laugh about them.
Maris
Aug 22, 2009 Maris rated it liked it
Funny, silly, and slightly helpful.
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2009
Philip
Philip rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Robin Garg
Robin Garg rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2009
Mark Woodland
Mark Woodland rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
Kendra
Kendra rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2012
SC
SC rated it liked it
May 13, 2010
Michelle W.  Malkin
Michelle W. Malkin rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2010
diamond
diamond rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2008
Lee Sailor
Lee Sailor rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Brooke
Brooke rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it did not like it
Mar 02, 2009
Catherine Majinska
Catherine Majinska rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Marlyn
Marlyn rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2009
susan bennett
susan bennett rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Mihai Criveti
Mihai Criveti rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal
  • Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • 1001 Things Every College Student Needs to Know: (Like Buying Your Books Before Exams Start)
  • See Jane Write: A Girl's Guide to Writing Chick Lit
  • The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • 501 Must-See Movies
  • A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend: For Every Guy Who Wants to be One/For Every Girl Who Wants to Build One
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • The Batman Handbook
  • The Boys Book
  • Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things
  • 101 Things to Do Before You Die
  • But Mama Always Put Vodka in Her Sangria!: Adventures in Eating, Drinking, and Making Merry
  • The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything in Between
I write. That’s rather obvious. Mostly I write about things that blow my skirt up. Humor is a big—huge—part of everything I do. But then there’s that soft, squishy sentimental part of me that can’t help but rear its heartfelt head. And since I like to tell people what to do every chance I get, I write a lot of how-to books, blogs, and articles.

Humorous. Heartfelt. How-to. Three great tastes that t
More about Jennifer Worick...

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook