Start by marking “The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College: College” as Want to Read:
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College: College

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College: College (The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks)

The college years are a time of noble pursuit of knowledge, self-betterment—and unending peril! Students are at risk from the moment they receive their acceptance letters. Fortunately, the authors of the phenomenally best-selling Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series have come to the rescue, offering all-new, hands-on, step-by-step instructions for surviving the wor ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook

Dec 27, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Meh. There were some moderately useful things, and some mildly humorous things. There were also borderline offensive things - pretend to be a foreign student by skipping deodorant comes to mind. That trope isn't even funny, why use it?

The decorate your dorm room ideas were overly complicated. Check the local Goodwill or dumpster dive at move out would have been better advice. But that is minor.

The hook up, date three people at once (by lying, not open honesty or exploring a polyamorous lifestyle
HeavyReader
Jan 05, 2012 HeavyReader rated it liked it
Recommends it for: college students; fans of the "Worst-Case Scenario" series
Shelves: how-to
I requested this through BookMooch. I hope the Mooch comes through because I really do want to read this book even though my college days are long over.

I enjoyed this book very much. Parts of it were really funny.

My favorite sections are the "hippie" portion of "How to Take on a New Identity" (it's spot on); the food equivalency chart (the calorie equivalent in mugs of beer for a variety of food items); "How to Eat When You're Broke;" "How to Sleep in the Library;" and "How to Tell Your Parents
Jesse
Sep 02, 2009 Jesse rated it it was ok
As a college graduate, I can appreciate some of the 'advice' this survival guide gives you. It plays on old college cliches and actually gives the occasional pearl of wisdom but it is mostly a humor novel. I know me and my roommates never did make curtains out of old shirts. If you're going to get it, get it for the humor. There are plenty of other books that give real advice and the truth is often stranger than fiction.
Peter Kauffmann
Oct 11, 2010 Peter Kauffmann rated it really liked it
Even though I'm done with undergrad, this book is still amusing enough to be worth a read on its own. My favorite part was the diagrams that come up every few pages or so. They seemed very self-important for how absurd the situations were, eg, "In the case of a stadium riot, move quickly away from the mascots."
Kiwi
Sep 28, 2008 Kiwi rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kiwi by: Sapph
Not my thing, but a few of the parts made me laugh. Definitely a good read to just look at college stereotypes and get a good laugh about them.
Simon
Feb 15, 2011 Simon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kayla
This book was facinating and gave a inside scoop of the overexaggerated college life, we'll see.
Maggie
Apr 29, 2011 Maggie added it
funny. i'm not sure whether to take it seriously or not.......
Maris
Aug 22, 2009 Maris rated it liked it
Funny, silly, and slightly helpful.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Andrew
Andrew added it
Sep 08, 2016
Phoebe
Phoebe marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Robert Walker
Robert Walker marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Ras Salassie
Ras Salassie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Jon Hendricks
Jon Hendricks rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Bri Nicole
Bri Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Anonymous
Anonymous marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Danny Bollaert
Danny Bollaert rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Beverly
Beverly rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
MzTonka
MzTonka marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Aparna J S
Aparna J S marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Rebecca Lavelle
Rebecca Lavelle marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal
  • Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things Not Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • 1001 Things Every College Student Needs to Know: (Like Buying Your Books Before Exams Start)
  • See Jane Write: A Girl's Guide to Writing Chick Lit
  • The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • 501 Must-See Movies
  • A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend: For Every Guy Who Wants to Be One/For Every Girl Who Wants to Build One
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • The Batman Handbook
  • The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things
  • 101 Things to Do Before You Die
  • But Mama Always Put Vodka in Her Sangria!: Adventures in Eating, Drinking, and Making Merry
  • The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything in Between
I write. That’s rather obvious. Mostly I write about things that blow my skirt up. Humor is a big—huge—part of everything I do. But then there’s that soft, squishy sentimental part of me that can’t help but rear its heartfelt head. And since I like to tell people what to do every chance I get, I write a lot of how-to books, blogs, and articles.

Humorous. Heartfelt. How-to. Three great tastes that t
More about Jennifer Worick...

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook