The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Parenting

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Parenting (The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Forget quicksand and shark attacks, child-rearing is the truly terrifying activity. A screaming baby on an airplane, no diapers (!), monsters hiding in the closet, a long family car trip, the first date—these are the high-risk adventures you need to survive. Fortunately, the authors of the phenomenally best-selling Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series now keep pare...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

HeavyReader
Feb 06, 2012 HeavyReader rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to HeavyReader by: breeders and anyone who has to spend time with kids
Shelves: funny, how-to
This is the funniest Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook that I have read. And I almost passed up reading it because I don't have and will never have children.

To think, I almost missed out on knowing that "many monsters are afraid of the color green," that skills for dealing with a stray dog are nearly the same as skills for dealing with a stray exchange student, and that while "couples frequently disagree over whether to bribe children," kids are "almost always...in favor of it."

I busted out...more
Max Ostrovsky
I liked it. I really liked it. I haven't read any of the other Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks, but based on this one, I am definitely interested.

I thought it was amazing how well the author's/editors conveyed serious topics with humor. And it wasn't bad humor in serious situations like is used in Comedy Defensive Driving courses. This was truly honest and helpful with more than a dash of laughs.

Of course, most of the advice is obvious, but the book does provide very creative solutions...more
Alan
Funny book. I read it as a bathroom book over the course of a few weeks. It was funny. I would only recommend about 75% of the scenarios played out in it.
Ronald Huxley
Great resource for parents. There is a section in here that features some of my parenting work. See more at http://parentingtoolbox.com
Ivy
This book was hilarious laugh-out loud funny. Bought it many years ago for friends who were first time parents. Recommend it as a gift!
Jeff Gagne
This is perfect for anyone with a sense of humor who is thinking about parenthood!
Michelle
Hilarity! Further support for not wanting teh spawn.
Brandi
Hilarious advice on parenting.
Justinia
Meh, but slightly amusing.
D'Anne
Nadja
Nadja added it
Jul 02, 2014
Deamariella
Deamariella marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Kirk T
Kirk T added it
May 17, 2014
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Daria Intheskyy
Daria Intheskyy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Vladimir
Vladimir marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Teedub
Teedub added it
Apr 30, 2014
Silea
Silea added it
Apr 04, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Travel The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Dating and Sex The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work