Start by marking “The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Parenting” as Want to Read:
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Parenting

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Parenting (The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Forget quicksand and shark attacks, child-rearing is the truly terrifying activity. A screaming baby on an airplane, no diapers (!), monsters hiding in the closet, a long family car trip, the first date—these are the high-risk adventures you need to survive. Fortunately, the authors of the phenomenally best-selling Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series now keep pare ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook

HeavyReader
Feb 06, 2012 HeavyReader rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to HeavyReader by: breeders and anyone who has to spend time with kids
Shelves: funny, how-to
This is the funniest Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook that I have read. And I almost passed up reading it because I don't have and will never have children.

To think, I almost missed out on knowing that "many monsters are afraid of the color green," that skills for dealing with a stray dog are nearly the same as skills for dealing with a stray exchange student, and that while "couples frequently disagree over whether to bribe children," kids are "almost always...in favor of it."

I busted out
Max Ostrovsky
I liked it. I really liked it. I haven't read any of the other Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks, but based on this one, I am definitely interested.

I thought it was amazing how well the author's/editors conveyed serious topics with humor. And it wasn't bad humor in serious situations like is used in Comedy Defensive Driving courses. This was truly honest and helpful with more than a dash of laughs.

Of course, most of the advice is obvious, but the book does provide very creative solutions
Alan
Funny book. I read it as a bathroom book over the course of a few weeks. It was funny. I would only recommend about 75% of the scenarios played out in it.
Ronald Huxley
Great resource for parents. There is a section in here that features some of my parenting work. See more at http://parentingtoolbox.com
Ivy
This book was hilarious laugh-out loud funny. Bought it many years ago for friends who were first time parents. Recommend it as a gift!
Jeff Gagne
This is perfect for anyone with a sense of humor who is thinking about parenthood!
Michelle
Hilarity! Further support for not wanting teh spawn.
Brandi
Hilarious advice on parenting.
Justinia
Meh, but slightly amusing.
D'Anne
3 copies available
Victoria
Very entertaining.
Chandel Plester
Chandel Plester marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Korin
Korin marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Tapio
Tapio is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2015
Robert Monjar
Robert Monjar marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Justice
Justice marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Salima
Salima marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles: A Muppet Sketchbook
  • Sterling's Gold: Wit and Wisdom of an Ad Man
  • The Elements of Grammar
  • What Would MacGyver Do?: True Stories of Improvised Genius in Everyday Life
  • A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend: For Every Guy Who Wants to Be One/For Every Girl Who Wants to Build One
  • Essential Dali (256 Art Books)
  • The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips & Advice on First-Year Maintenance
  • Toddlers and Preschoolers: Love and Logic Parenting for Early Childhood, 6 Months to Five Years
  • Poplorica: A Popular History of the Fads, Mavericks, Inventions, and Lore That Shaped Modern America
  • Fifty Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)
  • Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek
  • The Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers: An Historical Compendium of Pitching, Pitchers, and Pitches
  • The Elements of Editing
  • Challenger Role Playing Game Core Rules
  • The Cartoon Introduction to Economics: Volume One: Microeconomics
Josh Piven is a television writer and producer, speechwriter, playwright, and the author or co-author of more than twenty non-fiction and humor books, including the worldwide best-selling The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series.

He wrote the teleplay and serves as producer of Don The Beekeeper, a half-hour children’s TV show about honeybees and urban beekeeping. His most recent stage play,
More about Joshua Piven...

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbooks (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Book of Survival Questions
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Life
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Holidays
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Travel The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Dating and Sex The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Work