Shamara (Shielder #3)

Shamara (Shielder #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Science Fiction Romance from RITA nominated author!

In a universe of darkness and depravity, the Shielders battle to stay one step ahead of the powerful, vengeful Controllers, who are determined to destroy the entire Shielder race. The race’s survival depends on the quest of one man—Jarek san Ranul. He has found evidence of a wormhole he believes might offer the Shielders a...more
Published July 7th 2014 by Catherine Spangler (first published September 2001)

Monique Atgood
A fun enjoyable sci-fi romance.

SYNOPSIS:
Heroine escapes from an unwanted marriage. Her virginity is a commodity, and makes her a target, so she escapes to the `sporting house' to get rid of it. Her first experience turns out to be with Hero Jarek san Ranul, the leader of a group of `Shielders' who are being hunted to extinction by the galaxy rulers. Turns out the heroine, is born `Enhancer' who could help him save his people by locating a hidden wormhole.

Hero takes heroine against her will for a...more
Lover of Romance
I have to say that Catherine Spangler has done it again for me, this has to be my favorite book in the series so far! Its the third in the Shielder Series. Its definitely one of those where you wish the story could keep going on and on. At the end it left me wanting more, because it was such a well written and genuine story.

You have Jarek San Ranul, whose father has recently died, who was leader of the Shielders. Now Jarek knows he has to find a way to save his people or they will become extinct...more
Crystal
Certainly better than the last one.

Ok, would it be possible for a h in this series not to be a nincompoop? This one was doing good until... she decided to run after seeing another enhancer being hauled off to a slave auction. First she stuns the H, then she blunders right into the dastardly uncle's clutches. Further, she only thinks of that poor enhancer in terms of "oh no! If they find out they'll sell me too!" Never, "hey Jarek, I saw one being hauled off to that place there." Coward to think...more
Hilcia
Oct 02, 2010 Hilcia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Science Fiction Romance, Shielder Series, Romance,
This is the third book in the Shielder sci-fi romance series. This is a re-read for me, although this is definitely NOT my favorite book in this great series. However, this book is key to the overall series because this where Jarek fights to find a way out for the Shielder race.

Unlike the female characters in the other books (there are 5 in total), the heroine in this story is more than a bit TSTL and although she comes through a few times, she comes off as fearful of her own shadow and more th...more
Alisa
3.5 stars.
Nisha
Of the entire series, this has to be the worst. I didn't exactly hate it, but it was so ... blah that I had to remind myself that all the other characters where clearly more fascinating. Jarek's story, I guess I had really high hopes. There was very little chemistry and seriously no real love.
Cameron
Okay. They're going to the other dimensional promised land, but first there must be romance (it being a romance novel and all). Not really much else going on here.
Red Head
Very imaginative. Good read.
Tessie
Tessie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Amanda Schafer
Amanda Schafer marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Alexander Pierce
Alexander Pierce marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 18, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Jul 14, 2014
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014

Catherine Spangler is a bestselling and award winning author of the Shielder series (futuristic romance)and the Sentinel Series (romantic urban fantasy). She is a two-time Golden Heart finalist and a RITA finalist and has received numerous other awards and honorable mentions.

She is an active member of Romance Writers of America and her local chapter, Dallas Area Romance Authors. A frequent speake...more
More about Catherine Spangler...
Shielder (Shielder, #1) Touched by Darkness (The Sentinel, #1) Shadow Fires (Shielder #5) Shadower (Shielder #2 ) Shadow Crossing (Shielder #4)