Start by marking “Survival of the Savvy: High-Integrity Political Tactics for Career and Company Success” as Want to Read:

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Two of the nation's most successful corporate leadership consultants now reveal their proven, systematic program for using the power of "high-integrity" politics to achieve career success, maximize team impact, and protect the company's reputation and bottom line.

Each day in business, a corporate version of "survival of the fittest" is played out. Power plays, turf battles
Published December 6th 2004 by Free Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Survival of the Savvy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival of the Savvy

Kara
If things in this book sound surprising, you may not belong in business.

It's basically saying that you need to be emotionally intelligent: read the situation and people around you and act appropriately.

It was too fluffy for me, and I would've appreciated more statistics, actual case studies, and real (and less fluffy) examples.

I also thought some of the suggestions of how to respond to overly political people were just ludicrous. Here's an example of how the book recommends you respond if someo
Cori
I took this training course at work and skimmed through the book. The examples are somewhat difficult to relate to, but I think there are a number of good ideas in the book. Nothing ground breaking, but if you feel like you aren't being fully effective at work this book has some great practical suggestions.
Tommy
Feb 02, 2008 Tommy marked it as read_me_piles
Not sure how appealing the premise truly is --- political tactics to ensure your career success? Sounds like brown-nosing and sniping to me.
Erin
I found the beginning third of the book helpful. After that, some of the advice made me cringe. I give it a strong meh.
Heather Thomas
Great practical ideas that are easy to implement and help increase your influence in the work place.
Andy Johnson
Made the case for politicking well.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
K Mahoney
K Mahoney is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
H
H marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Yekaterina
Yekaterina marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Paola
Paola marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Gv
Gv added it
Mar 09, 2015
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
Dominic Marco
Dominic Marco is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Lisa Garces
Lisa Garces is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
Fox
Fox added it
Feb 10, 2015
ONIPEDE
ONIPEDE marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Crystal Palomino
Crystal Palomino is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2015