Start by marking “Survival of the Savvy: High-Integrity Political Tactics for Career and Company Success” as Want to Read:

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Two of the nation's most successful corporate leadership consultants now reveal their proven, systematic program for using the power of "high-integrity" politics to achieve career success, maximize team impact, and protect the company's reputation and bottom line.

Each day in business, a corporate version of "survival of the fittest" is played out. Power plays, turf battles
Published December 6th 2004 by Free Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Survival of the Savvy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival of the Savvy

Kara
If things in this book sound surprising, you may not belong in business.

It's basically saying that you need to be emotionally intelligent: read the situation and people around you and act appropriately.

It was too fluffy for me, and I would've appreciated more statistics, actual case studies, and real (and less fluffy) examples.

I also thought some of the suggestions of how to respond to overly political people were just ludicrous. Here's an example of how the book recommends you respond if someo
Cori
I took this training course at work and skimmed through the book. The examples are somewhat difficult to relate to, but I think there are a number of good ideas in the book. Nothing ground breaking, but if you feel like you aren't being fully effective at work this book has some great practical suggestions.
Tommy
Feb 02, 2008 Tommy marked it as read_me_piles
Not sure how appealing the premise truly is --- political tactics to ensure your career success? Sounds like brown-nosing and sniping to me.
Erin
I found the beginning third of the book helpful. After that, some of the advice made me cringe. I give it a strong meh.
Heather Thomas
Great practical ideas that are easy to implement and help increase your influence in the work place.
Andy Johnson
Made the case for politicking well.
Heinrich Pool
Heinrich Pool marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Shravani
Shravani marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Martin Cochran
Martin Cochran marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Andrei Alexeyev
Andrei Alexeyev marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Lava Nosenkis Reyes
Lava Nosenkis Reyes marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Bryan Calleja
Bryan Calleja marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Elsa Reyes
Elsa Reyes marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Lena Jenkins
Lena Jenkins marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Jacob Zilbar
Jacob Zilbar marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014