Start by marking “Sandwiched” as Want to Read:
Sandwiched

Sandwiched

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  15 reviews
What's a fortyish woman to do if ... her free-spirited elderly mom's moving in, her previously do-gooder teenage daughter's sneaking out, her prize-winning stud bulldog can't get it on, and her soon-to-be ex-husband can't get his mind off girls half his age? CiCi Dupree doesn't have time for a breakdown, can't afford to run away, and she is a counselor - so she chooses to ...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Sandwiched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sandwiched

Louise
A rather comical and entertaining story about a 40ish year old woman who's losing it and dealing with loss.

From back cover:

"What's a fortyish woman to do if...Her free-spirited elderly mom's moving in, her previously do-gooder teenage daughter's sneaking out, her prize-winning stud bulldog can't get it on and her soon-to-be ex-husband can't get his mind off girls half his age?

a) Have nervous breakdown
b) Run away
c) Eat massive quantities of ice cream
d) See a counselor

CiCi Dupree chooses c). She d
Shae Johnson
Very enjoyable read. The author blends humor with the events and messages. Really liked the story about how three women at different stages of their life learn to accept changes. Highly recommend this book that I picked up by accident at the library, thinking I had a Jeffry Archer book! This is written by Jennifer Archer. A pleasant surprise!
Jen
I had a hard time finishing this book. I got bored with the story.
Peggy
I loved this book. The author is new to me but I will read more of her books in the future. I enjoyed the relationships and her style of writing. I found myself getting emotionally caught up in the story and relating with all three women.
Angela
Delightfully refreshing like ice cream on a hot day! A great book about a middle-aged woman caught between an aging parent and a restless teen. You'll find lots of laughs and romance and maybe even a tear or two.
Lori Mason
I liked this. Three generations of women living in one household - a divorced mother, raising a teen, whose mother moves in for a while. Light and humorous at times.
Heidi Grogan
Cute, fun read about being the "sandwich" generation - sandwiched between your kids and your parents.
Lisa
Mar 17, 2015 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
May laugh out loud moments, she is taking care of her mom who moves in with her and the daughter.
Jennifer Archer
Feb 25, 2013 Jennifer Archer added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it, so I won't rate it. I loved writing these characters, though. Very fun.
Debra
Apr 01, 2011 Debra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
Just what you are feeling as a middle-aged person with teens. Wonderfully funny!
Mollie
Feb 27, 2009 Mollie marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
Sandwiched (Harlequin Next Tall) by Jennifer Archer (2005)
Meredith
Very funny book with lots of drama.
Dawn
Easy and enjoyable read.
Annie
This was a really good book.
Nikel27
Good read, bookcrossing book
Farhad Sharifi
Farhad Sharifi marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Rettah
Rettah added it
Apr 21, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Dev
Dev marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Tweetybird
Tweetybird marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Rebeccalee
Rebeccalee marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
At the age of ten, Jennifer Archer made up her mind to become a writer. Then she grew up, became “sensible,” and earned a business degree with a minor in accounting instead. After years of trying to find her way through a confusing maze of debits and credits she realized that, for her, accounting was no more sensible than becoming a World Federation wrestler. So in 1993, she enrolled in a creative ...more
More about Jennifer Archer...
Through Her Eyes The Shadow Girl Heat Wave The Me I Used to Be My Perfectly Imperfect Life