Start by marking “Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach” as Want to Read:
Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach

Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  21 reviews
With plenty of illustrations and examples,this new edition engages students and makes learning the key concepts of thermodynamics both more accessible and enjoyable. Thermodynamics An Engineering Approach also promotes a clearer understanding of the basic principles with its focus on a physical,intuitive approach rather than a heavily mathematical one.
Hardcover
Published December 31st 2001 by McGraw-Hill (first published January 1st 1000)

To ask other readers questions about Thermodynamics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thermodynamics

Lucia
totally worth to read, especially when you have a not so good lecturer.. this book (and the solution manual as well) gives a detailed step to solve a problem related to thermodynamics..

well, it's boring n thick, but it's definitely a good textbook
Vinodh
This is the one of the best book that i have read on thermodynamics,
I have download this ebook and read from
Ibraheem Al-Bazei
الطاقة في هذا الكون لاتفنى ولا يمكن استحداثها من العدم -بمشيئة الله- بكل تأكيد. لكن! سؤال هنا يكمن في أنه هل يوجد طاقات من على هذه الأرض والكون غير ما تعلمناه؟ بحيث أصبح عصرنا هو عصر الطاقات المتجدّدة؟ هل انتهى كل شيء حتى هذه اللحظة الّتي تنظر فيها ساعتك؟

اختار لنا سبحانه الأرض من بين بلايين الكواكب داخل مليارات من الجرات لملاءمتها، لتوفر أسباب العيش فيها. قال تعالى: { هو الّذي جعل لكم الأرض ذلولا } . فسبحانه له في خلقه شؤون!.

لو عرّض جسم الإنسان إلى ضغط التفريغ الموجود في الكون من دون أن يرتدي ال
Arya
If you are an engineer , you NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.

It gives you the basics of Thermodynamics, that ALL GOOD ENGINEER need to know.

Need to have this on your shelf
Ahmad Kishki
No explanation included in the book.
Marouumi
Totally worth it ! Very well explained examples.. The way the book represents new subjects by illustrations and life-related text is a plus
Mariana Espinal
It was very boring and long... but as an engineer you learn to make the most of it. I bought another thermodyanmics book to use as a supplement to this one... it was much better written... had better examples and the format just helped aid memorization.

I had the international copy so it was black and white! I'm sure in color it would be better!

Chrysanthos
This is probably the best book in applied thermodynamics. I originaly encountered these books while I was an engineering undergraduate and studying them gave me some solid foundations in thermodynamics.
The books are very easy to read so not much previous experience in physics is required to understand the new concepts.
Haytham Badawey
THE BEST BOOK EVERY ON THERMODYNAMICS FOR ENGINEERS.

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!
Swaroop
Excellent book for beginners (high school seniors, college freshmen/sophomores). There is no in-depth explanation of concepts, but this is exactly what's needed for a basic level.
Shakir Zainuddin
Aug 12, 2013 Shakir Zainuddin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Engineering students
Great book with beautiful illustrations, thorough explanations and plenty of exercises to boost understanding. Totally recommended for engineering students.
Brent
Thermodynamics is the study of energy, which is the ability to change or effect change. It gave new insight into spiral energy and spiral lifeforms
Hildur
I don't know if it's just this book and my teacher's lack if inspiration but after this semester I've established that I hate thermodynamics.
Heidie Loudermilk
Wow this is my third time reading this thing!

I wish it had more IP units this book is about 95% metric which I haven't used since college.
Greg
Nov 01, 2008 Greg rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mechanical Engineers and curious minds
Recommended to Greg by: My professor
Good stuff. Our teacher is having us summarize every paragraph. Surprising, isn't it, that I'm doing best in this class. ;)
Gagan
Jun 26, 2007 Gagan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in learning about Heat and it's dynamics.
Great book about Heat. If anyone wants me to calculate the dynamics of heat on beams, I am your man.
Mugilan
great book for thermal engineering to get through the basics
Nnestaa Aloha
Faiza
I m missing Sir.Mohsin!!!
Assefa Tesfaye
Dec 16, 2010 Assefa Tesfaye is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
hey
Muhammad Rusydan
Muhammad Rusydan marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction
  • Fluid Mechanics
  • Mechanics of Materials (6th Edition)
  • Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer
  • Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics [With Free Access to Website Study Aids]
  • Mechanical Engineering Design
  • Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics
  • Mechanics of Materials - 5th Si Ed No Us Rights
  • Heat Transfer
  • Modern Control Systems (10th Edition)
  • Calculus [With CDROM]
  • Quintessence The Search For Missing Mass In The Universe
  • Richard Feynman: A Life in Science
  • The Mathematical Tourist: New & Updated Snapshots of Modern Mathematics
  • Who's Afraid of Schrodinger's Cat: All The New Science Ideas You Need To Keep Up With The New Thinking
  • Great Physicists: The Life and Times of Leading Physicists from Galileo to Hawking
  • College Physics [With Physics Now Free Online Access]
  • Black Holes, Wormholes and Time Machines
Heat and Mass Transfer Fluid Mechanics w/ Student Resources DVD (McGraw-Hill Mechanical Engineering) Introduction To Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer Fundamentals of Thermal-fluid Sciences Differential Equations for Engineers and Scientists