Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food

Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Based on the New York Times bestseller, Made to Crave, this companion book expands on the original, providing 60 new inspirational entries to encourage you in your weight-loss journey. The Made to Crave Devotional contains the best nuggets of wisdom from Made to Crave, plus new material not included in the original.
Published January 21st 2012 by Zondervan (first published November 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Made to Crave Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made to Crave Devotional

Margo Berendsen
So encouraged and enlightened by this book. It's not just for ladies trying to lose weight; it's for women who have been discouraged by trying everything else that didn't have lasting results. But this book delves into SO MUCH MORE than just losing weight and emotional eating habits; it addresses spiritual aspects in many different areas of life. It's really all connected.

I was torn whether to buy the original book or the devotional. While I can't compare them, I will say I was very satisfied w...more
Stefanie
It's a brave thing to come between a woman and her food, but in a country that desperately needs God and is also diagnosed with obesity, this book is sure to make some waves. It helped me think of food cravings in a whole new way...food in general really...and showed me that what we eat can be an expression of worship. Sounds like a crazy concept, but it's not! I enjoyed it.
Naomi Patterson
Amazing heart wrenching book

this book has played such a crucial role in my life! Lisa is such an amazing writer who knows how to relate to her audience!
Heather
I read the book at the same time as reading through the devotional. I am sure they would be just as powerful on their own but the devotional really brought out some of the most important parts of the book. It's changed the way I "hear" my hunger. Am I really hungry or am I being distracted?
Jane
This is the most awesome book I have ever read it has page after page of encouragements and inspirations for people such as myself with eating problems. It contains 60 daily devotions and when I have completed the 60 days I just start all over again.
Michele
Pretty basic. I wish it were deeper and more about the needs we fill with food.
Elle
After the success of Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst has returned with new insights, as well as some favorites in a 60 Day devotional to help aid people on their weight loss journey. This devotional is not like any dieting book you have seen, rather than telling you how and what to eat, when you should exercise and how many miles you need to run today TerKeurst is tackling the root of the problem of battling a weight loss journey. The cravings. We all have them, we fill our needs with food, we emo...more
Carlie
The Made to Crave titles offer the powerful message that our hearts were made to crave God, but that we often turn that craving to food instead (applicable to any other addiction) and make that the centre of our lives. This devotional is a watered down version of the complete title. Some devos were good, others, meh.
Shelly
When we are craving food, we really are craving God. Great daily messages.
Katie Randolph
I have really enjoyed Lysa TerKeurst's books, and this one did not disappoint. I always feel like her writing is from an honest and genuine heart; not trying to sugar coat anything. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking on ways to make their weight loss journey about their relationship with God, and not just about physical change.
Christina
Perfect sized devotions for a busy life. Makes you laugh, makes you cry digging in those deep spiritual moments of making a choice. I recommend to any one who has an addiction to food.
Shannon Smith
Perspective-changing in the best way. Such an encouragement. Well-written and completely relatable and practical.
Debra Moorer
This is another book I reAd every day as I struggle with my weight . I never looked st my body as a temple of god
Marnie
This is a book I will read again in the future. It helps keep you on track with your daily food choices.
Scarlett Pierson
Great book for anyone with an eating issue or struggles with eating.
Emily Vasek
Emily Vasek marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2014
Kristin
Kristin is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2014
Jen & Scott Griffin
Jen & Scott Griffin marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Marianna Mccomb
Marianna Mccomb marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Sara Joyner
Sara Joyner marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Samantha
Samantha is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2014
Michelle Gasser
Michelle Gasser marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 07, 2014
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ
  • You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be
  • The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul
  • Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships
  • Ending Your Day Right: Devotions for Every Evening of the Year
Lysa TerKeurst is a New York Times bestselling author and speaker who helps everyday women live an adventure of faith through following Jesus Christ. As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa has led thousands to make their walk with God an invigorating journey. For over 15 years, her message has enabled women to:

Make the Bible come alive whenever you read it.
Discover how to develop inner peace...more
More about Lysa TerKeurst...
Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl Craving God A 21-day Devotional Challenge to Accompany Made To Crave

“The only true satisfaction we can seek is the satisfaction of being obedient to the Lord.” 1 likes
“God made us to crave—to desire eagerly, want greatly, and long for Him. But Satan wants to do everything possible to replace our craving for God with something else.” 1 likes