Start by marking “Emily Dahill CID Part One” as Want to Read:
Emily Dahill CID Part One

Emily Dahill CID Part One

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Final Mission

After being seriously wounded in a copter crash in Iraq Sgt. Emily Dahill meets her new partner as she embarks on her new Army career as a CID agent. Who could this new partner be?

A Body in the Snow

Emily and her partner, Dakota, cross bullets with their most determined foe. Who will survive?

Right Place, Wrong Day

On leave to hang with friends Emily gets the sur
Published (first published July 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Emily Dahill CID Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily Dahill CID Part One

Ronda  Tutt
One Shot – Two Kills, Blood Makes the Grass Grow!

Wow! Great start to this military mystery. Immediately I was drawn to the story from the first page when I recognized my basic training base Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Being a Disabled Army Veteran myself I totally connected with the story and the characters and it brought back lots of great memories of great times, however, it brought back a little sadness because of the loss of a soldier.

The story relates military experiences with on the job action
Sallie
Sargent Emily Dahill is a military police officer assigned the task of transporting Abd-Al-Aziz from Tuz to Baghdad. Lindsay Downs’ Sargent Dahill is a consummate solider who leads by example. The mission to transport the prisoner should have been a fairly straight forward assignment, as these things go.

The helicopter ride to collect her prisoner starts out uneventful but ends with enough machine gun blasts that make for more than a bumpy landing at the forward operating base. The rough landi
Sheila
Emily Dahill is a strong female protagonist in this series of tales from Lindsay Downs. Introduced in the first story as a sergeant in Iraq, Emily shows her skill while training two newbies just before returning home. But her return is delayed and her confidence shaken in a helicopter crash. Pleasingly, as Emily embarks on a new army career as CID, she finds a partner who will help restore her strength.
Iraq’s scares and the details of a soldier’s care are described with the same convincing skill
Joleene Naylor
A collection of four stories, Emily Dahill CID, Part One, starts off heavy and ends with a big laugh. The first tale, Final Mission, recounts Emily's near fatal copter crash in Iraq. She heals, but can't seem to shake her new fear of helicopters. Even the sound of one flying overhead is enough to fill her with panic - until she meets her new partner. Dakota follows her into story two, A Body in the Snow, where he helps her to capture "the bad guy". With a partner like that, bunny slippers are ju ...more
Meg Mims
I enjoyed the military style details in the stories, and the prequel of how Emily was injured in Iraq was quite intriguing. I'm going to have to get Target Identified to fill in the "what came first" because the other two shorts included here sparked my interest.
Eva
My complete review can be found on my blog.

Iris Blobel
When I "chit chatted" with Lindsay Downs via FB a few weeks back the author told me that she loosely used JAG and NCIS as an idea for the Emily Dahill stories. That was it for me I had to read the book.

I would have liked to give the book 5/5 but I honestly have to say reading through the stories felt like having a yummy cake in front of you, but you're only allowed to have a little piece. The stories (see above for the outline) were interesting, written with (IMHO) knowledge, humour and wit, yet
Laurel
This book is a heart-warming series of tales following Emily Dahill and her sidekick, Dakota... or is it the other way around? Dakota has a fantastic sense of humour, and likes to keep his humans on their toes. If you like dogs, pick this book up - it's worth it!
Lori Henrich
The writing style didn't agree with me and the story seemed disjointed. I was glad in the case it was a short one. I also decided not to read 2 others I had with the same characters. Glad they weren't expensive and that I could get my money back.
Linna Drehmel
A wonderful tale that is clean and exciting. I cant wait to see what Lindsay Downs does with the characters next!
Lissette
Review coming soon.
Dellani Oakes
Dellani Oakes marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Vikash Fauzdar
Vikash Fauzdar marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
H.N. Sieverding
H.N. Sieverding marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Michelle Leah Olson
Michelle Leah Olson marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Believe Chop
Believe Chop marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
J.J. Oxendine
J.J. Oxendine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2012
Babs
Babs marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2012
A Dog Gone Christmas A Christmas Surprise A Body in the Attic A Special English Rose A Collie Rescue (Emily Dahill CID)