The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual: Star Wars

The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual: Star Wars

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Millennium Falcon is a legendary spaceship, made famous by its adventures under the command of smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca, who made numerous special modifications to transform the beat-up Corellian light freighter into one of the fastest ships in the galaxy.

This Haynes Manual traces the model history of the Corellian Engineering Corporation’s YT series of spacesh...more
Published January 31st 2012 by LucasBooks (first published November 3rd 2011)

Kieran
I was quite disappointed in this owner’s manual for the Millennium Falcon. Haynes usually produces excellent detailed repair and maintenance manuals for a wide range of automobiles, motorbikes and aircraft. This edition however is more like one of those Star Wars fan guides rather than a proper technical manual to the inner workings of a uniquely modified CEC YT-1300 model light freighter and would therefore be of no use to you should you find yourself needing to carry out emergency repairs to t...more
Aaron
I recently read two other books in this series that looks at famous SciFi vessels. Those focused the U.S.S Enterprise and Klingon Bird of Pray from the "Star Trek" franchise. This book is just as good as the two of them. Presented like the Haynes' Owner's Manual series that usually looks at various models of cars/trucks, this book presents that basic design and layout information for "Star Wars"'s most famous vessel.

The book starts with a brief history of the company that built the vessel and th...more
Shane Amazon
When this book was first announced there was three big questions that came to mind when I first saw it listed. The first was: Is this an actual "repair" manual? The second: Does it expand beyond the movie Falcon or does it also contain information that was covered within the Expanded Universe? And finally: Will it be any more specific than the standard Star Wars Encyclopedia? Well, let's look into it.

First, is this an actual repair manual? To be straight forward, absolutely not. This is not the...more
Zxielle
This book contains the most awesome detailed drawings of the Millennium Falcon!! And the technical terms are great. I loved browsing theough this book and just imagining being on board. This is definately a must have for all serious Star Wars fans!
Mumblelard
mostly vague fluff that did not answer key questions about volume of cargo space. the only reason to buy this book is for nuts (and bolts) deep world building minutiae and it just does not deliver.
John
Enjoyable book with some nice details on the Millennium Falcon and the YT-1300 Transport in general (the ship the Falcon is a modified version of). Lots of nice photos and technical style drawings make for an entertaining read.

The only complaint I had was where the authors undo a decades old fix to the question of how the Falcon got from Hoth to Bespin in Empire Strikes Back, leaving us to once again wonder why Han and Leia didn't die of old age on the journey. If it wasn't for this bit in the s...more
Sergio
This is an excellent book, but strictly for fans of Star Wars. There's a bunch of technical data about the Millennium Falcon which is very interesting, but only to real die hard fans. Artwork, illustration and photography are also of very high quality. The only gripe I have is that the text pays too much homage to the movies. I would have preferred something a bit more detached and objective. Aside from that I had a good time reading this book.
Justin
An in-depth look at the Millenium Falcon and the YT-1300 freighter. Was a very interesting read, although sort of too detailed at times for my taste. Thoroughly enjoyed the looks at the different variations of the YT-1300, which really showed how versatile the class really is.
Michael
Wow, I've been wanting this book since long before it existed. It's a fantastic resource, and I can't wait to go scavenge some parts and use this manual to help me in building my own YT-1300.
Jaclyn B.
Dec 04, 2012 Jaclyn B. marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
:0 NO WAY!!!!!!!!! the Falcon is ma FAVORITE ship in the ENTIRE Star Wars series!!!!!!!!! MUST......READ!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
John
John added it
Jul 21, 2014
Kip
Kip marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kat
Kat added it
Jul 02, 2014
Andy Vitale
Andy Vitale marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Ian Yorston
Ian Yorston marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Ryder Windham is an American sci-fi author who has written over sixty Star Wars books, including novels, comics, reference books, and so on. He has also written junior novelizations for Indiana Jones movies. Since 1993, he has been working on Star Wars projects either by himself or with other authors. His reference book Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide had been on the New York Times Best Selle...more
More about Ryder Windham...
The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (Star Wars) Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force The Wrath of Darth Maul (Star Wars) A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)