Start by marking “The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual: Star Wars” as Want to Read:
The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual: Star Wars

The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual: Star Wars

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The Millennium Falcon is a legendary spaceship, made famous by its adventures under the command of smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca, who made numerous special modifications to transform the beat-up Corellian light freighter into one of the fastest ships in the galaxy.

This Haynes Manual traces the model history of the Corellian Engineering Corporation’s YT series of spacesh
Published January 31st 2012 by Del Rey (first published November 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual

Andrew
May 30, 2015 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO I will put my hand up and say this was a bit of fun. I recently came back from the Hay book festival and on my travels I indulged myself in a whole stack of books (okay you have been warned there will be some weird and wonderful titles appearing here for a while) which I would not normally have considered. I will say though I dont regret it at all - its been loads of fun.

So the Haynes manuals - okay I am of the age when I can still remember when there were the essential guide for fixing your
Kieran
Feb 12, 2013 Kieran rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was quite disappointed in this owner’s manual for the Millennium Falcon. Haynes usually produces excellent detailed repair and maintenance manuals for a wide range of automobiles, motorbikes and aircraft. This edition however is more like one of those Star Wars fan guides rather than a proper technical manual to the inner workings of a uniquely modified CEC YT-1300 model light freighter and would therefore be of no use to you should you find yourself needing to carry out emergency repairs to t ...more
Aaron
May 11, 2013 Aaron rated it it was amazing
I recently read two other books in this series that looks at famous SciFi vessels. Those focused the U.S.S Enterprise and Klingon Bird of Pray from the "Star Trek" franchise. This book is just as good as the two of them. Presented like the Haynes' Owner's Manual series that usually looks at various models of cars/trucks, this book presents that basic design and layout information for "Star Wars"'s most famous vessel.

The book starts with a brief history of the company that built the vessel and th
Shane Amazon
Oct 11, 2013 Shane Amazon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When this book was first announced there was three big questions that came to mind when I first saw it listed. The first was: Is this an actual "repair" manual? The second: Does it expand beyond the movie Falcon or does it also contain information that was covered within the Expanded Universe? And finally: Will it be any more specific than the standard Star Wars Encyclopedia? Well, let's look into it.

First, is this an actual repair manual? To be straight forward, absolutely not. This is not the
Michael Alexander Henke
May 10, 2015 Michael Alexander Henke rated it really liked it
This is a great book for Star Wars fans that gives you a lot of insight into the Falcon. It contains a brief history of the ship. Not many people know that the Millennium Falcon had multiple owners and multiple names before coming into the hands of Lando Calirssian and subsequently Han Solo. Also included are diagrams and in depth descriptions of all the ship's systems. It's weapons, shields, sensors, engines, computers, power core, etc. Lots of fun stuff to geek out on.
Zxielle
Apr 11, 2014 Zxielle rated it it was amazing
This book contains the most awesome detailed drawings of the Millennium Falcon!! And the technical terms are great. I loved browsing theough this book and just imagining being on board. This is definately a must have for all serious Star Wars fans!
Mumblelard
Feb 02, 2014 Mumblelard rated it liked it
mostly vague fluff that did not answer key questions about volume of cargo space. the only reason to buy this book is for nuts (and bolts) deep world building minutiae and it just does not deliver.
John
Mar 05, 2012 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Enjoyable book with some nice details on the Millennium Falcon and the YT-1300 Transport in general (the ship the Falcon is a modified version of). Lots of nice photos and technical style drawings make for an entertaining read.

The only complaint I had was where the authors undo a decades old fix to the question of how the Falcon got from Hoth to Bespin in Empire Strikes Back, leaving us to once again wonder why Han and Leia didn't die of old age on the journey. If it wasn't for this bit in the s
Mar 29, 2015 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
Sergio
Aug 01, 2013 Sergio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book, but strictly for fans of Star Wars. There's a bunch of technical data about the Millennium Falcon which is very interesting, but only to real die hard fans. Artwork, illustration and photography are also of very high quality. The only gripe I have is that the text pays too much homage to the movies. I would have preferred something a bit more detached and objective. Aside from that I had a good time reading this book.
Justin
May 04, 2012 Justin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An in-depth look at the Millenium Falcon and the YT-1300 freighter. Was a very interesting read, although sort of too detailed at times for my taste. Thoroughly enjoyed the looks at the different variations of the YT-1300, which really showed how versatile the class really is.
Jul 19, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It was boring at times and read just like a technical manual for most of it, but it had a LOT of fantastic facts about the Falcon that I didn't know about!! It's definitely a must read for fans of Star Wars, Han Solo, & the Millennium Falcon!!
Aug 31, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it
Wow, I've been wanting this book since long before it existed. It's a fantastic resource, and I can't wait to go scavenge some parts and use this manual to help me in building my own YT-1300.
Nicholas
Jul 22, 2015 Nicholas rated it really liked it
Great easy table read. The book gave loads of background info on the Falcon, so as a fan I loved it. It could have even been longer and more detailed!
Jaclyn B.
Dec 04, 2012 Jaclyn B. marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
:0 NO WAY!!!!!!!!! the Falcon is ma FAVORITE ship in the ENTIRE Star Wars series!!!!!!!!! MUST......READ!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
Julie Soden
Julie Soden rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Aliff
Aliff rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Isaac Jones
Isaac Jones rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Karen Royle-Cross
Karen Royle-Cross rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Jeff M
Jeff M rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Steve Brine
Steve Brine marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Padme
Padme marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
stephen e mcintosh
stephen e mcintosh rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Matt Maldre
Matt Maldre marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
nicholas johnston
nicholas johnston marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Joey  Lester
Joey Lester marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Daniel Colson
Daniel Colson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
  • Ultimate Star Wars
  • Star Wars:  The New Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology
  • Obsessed with Star Wars
  • Star Wars The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
  • Shadow Games (Star Wars)
Ryder Windham is an American sci-fi author who has written over sixty Star Wars books, including novels, comics, reference books, and so on. He has also written junior novelizations for Indiana Jones movies. Since 1993, he has been working on Star Wars projects either by himself or with other authors. His reference book Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide had been on the New York Times Best Selle ...more
More about Ryder Windham...