Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears on the Moon (Bright & Early Books)” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears on the Moon (Bright & Early Books)

The Berenstain Bears on the Moon (The Berenstain Bears Bright & Early)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  646 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Illus. in full color. "In a delightful tale told in rhyme, the Bears cope
with weightlessness, meteor showers, and moon dust. A winner for beginning
readers."-- "School Library Journal.
"
Published March 12th 1985 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Maureen Jehling
Dec 05, 2014 Maureen Jehling rated it liked it
The Berenstain Bears on the Moon, by Stan Berenstain, is one of many like it. It is about a family of bears who go to the moon, but it is only the children of the family who get to go, which may be very exciting for children! They go up to the moon in the rocket and wonder how much farther they will get from their home. Do you think they will end up making it to the moon, and back home? Or will they run into some problems? Go ahead and read the book with your children to find out together!

This b
Kory Bootsma
Mar 13, 2015 Kory Bootsma rated it liked it
Shelves: etec545-online-c
The Berenstain Bears on the Moon is a fun little book based on the Berenstain Bears but written in Dr. Seuss style language. Only Brother and Sister Bear are off to the moon in their very own rocket ship, along with their beloved family pup. While on the moon they experience weightlessness, meteor showers, a moon walk, an a lunar landing. Daunted by a bit of homesickness, the bears and their pup head home and reminisce about their voyage.

The colorful illustrations, simplistic language are geare
Rosa Cline
Apr 08, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This is an earlier Berenstain Bear book; This is a "Bright and Early books" so it's not a 'normal' story that children might be used to with the Bears... (Usual Brother and Sister doing various things with friends and learning lessons etc) But with that said this is still a good book. It's a basic reading book so words are simple and repetitive,...words like moon, pup, far, bears. But a fun rhyming story to read out loud as well. The two bears and their pup go to the moon and have an adventure t ...more
Kelly Powell
This book was a fun story to read especially with the rhyming words the authors provided making the story flow. However I didn’t enjoy this book as much because the story felt lacking compared to others out there at this same level and vocabulary. I wouldn't buy this book for my classroom or recommend this book because I feel there are better stories and books out there that will help my students read better and work their minds in following the story.
Amara
I'm not quite sure what the Berenstains were thinking with this one. It's a cute little story about children pretending to go to the moon... right up until you realize that there isn't a thing to imply that these two children didn't honestly build (buy?) a spaceship and take their dog to the moon.

Am I the only one vaguely annoyed by this? The Berenstain Bears are ridiculously wispy-washy when it comes to their genre. Are they anthropomorphic fiction, or are they straight SF/F? It's normally the
Kare Lynne
Apr 07, 2016 Kare Lynne rated it liked it
A cute book, but it felt a little weird. I don't remember the Berenstain Bears rhyming (or having a dog). Mostly I remember there being real-life problems that got fixed in creative ways... It was nice having just a fun Berenstain Bear Book, but I wish it were just a bit more scientific since kids are curious.
Tracy Poff
The Berenstain Bears on the Moon tells a story of how Brother and Sister Bear went to the moon, and what they saw and did there.

This one is written in verse, rather than prose, and considering the limited story, it's a good thing: "The bears put up a flag, took notes, and collected rocks." wouldn't be nearly as nice to read as "Then they fly their flag./They take moon notes./They collect moon rocks/in their moon rock totes." Not that the poetry is that great, but at least it's a little more inte
Brent Rogers
Feb 07, 2015 Brent Rogers rated it did not like it
Shelves: beginners, read-aloud
The Berenstain bears take another adventure! Where are they going? They're going to the moon! This is a good read-aloud book and beginning level book for young children.
Lindsay Livingston sonntag
Feb 25, 2015 Lindsay Livingston sonntag rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-class
Nicely done, imaginative book. It's about what the bears would do if they were going to the moon. Great for an imaginative kid.
Katie Sokol
Apr 16, 2012 Katie Sokol rated it really liked it
The Berenstain Books series is a book series that is liked by all children. This book in particular presents many opportunities for discussion and allows kids to learn through images and colors. Not only does this story involve adventure, but it has kids doing things that we wouldnt be able to do, like take a trip to the moon. I love books that have outrageous plots because they keep the audience much more interested and keep you reading until the end. You know a book is good when you WANT to fi ...more
Larry
Jun 03, 2012 Larry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kids-loved-it
In general I think Berenstain Bears books are preachy and teach kids more bad habits than they fix. HOWEVER, "ThevBerenstain Bears on the Moon" is a fun, non-cautionary adventure tale that is great for any parent trying to interest a toddler in science and the space program.

My two-year old daughter asks for this book very often, and it lets us talk about rockets and planets and what it would like to be on the moon. She tells me almost every time we read it she wants to go to the moon, and I rem
I like this book. I would use it during a unit about outer space. I count have my students count down from ten with me. I can ask my students whether we are inside or outside. I like this series for beginning readers.

Reading Level
Grade level Equivalent: 1.7
Lexile Measure: 40L
DRA: 14
Guided Reading: H
Kayla
Mar 14, 2015 Kayla rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I think this book would be fun for children to read. It would be an easy read due to the rhyming words. This book would be great for teaching children about outer space and the moon. The book talks about gravity, moon rocks, spaceships, and other things that are related to the moon.
Connie
Apr 03, 2009 Connie rated it really liked it
Another one of the Berenstain Bears Early Readers.

It's a lot of fun to read, and the rhymes work well. Very bouncy. I do have to suspend the disbelief of even the kidlets a little - they know full well that two children and a dog cannot go to the moon alone! - but that's all right.
Thomas Hogle
Jan 17, 2012 Thomas Hogle rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite Berenstain books. When I was a kid I wanted their moonbuggy, and flying to the moon didn't seem so hard. Reading this book now brings back funny childhood thoughts and took me back in time. This was a great read.
Alice
Dec 26, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I liked this book as a 4 stars not just because it is a Berenstain Bears. I like how it is an easy reader, AND most of all it talks about Moon facts in a fun simple, preschool/kindergarten way. Thanks for the fun!!
Shelli
Jul 25, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun story for beginner readers needing a book they can read independently or share with an adult (or animal friend). Lots of sight words and repetitive language to promote reading confidence and fluency.
Anna Loeppky
Nov 03, 2013 Anna Loeppky rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
This book is a fun and rhythmic book about the Berenstain Bears going to the moon. This book is a fun, and unrealistic, story of how the bears got to the moon. This is a great book for early childhood readers.
Drew Paige
Apr 27, 2011 Drew Paige rated it liked it
The Berenstain Bears are an old classic that all young readers can enjoy. All their travels and experiences are what kids dream about. They are very uplifting books and can still be enjoyable today.
ABC
Aug 21, 2011 ABC rated it liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
They go to the moon and come back. This book is a little lacking because it doesn't have Papa Bear`s hilarious mistakes. I thought for sure it was written around 1969, but my edition says 1985. ...more
Dolly
Jun 20, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
This is a fun story about traveling to the moon. The rhyming narrative and classic Berenstain illustrations make this a great book to read aloud, and good for beginning readers too.
Michelle Couey
Feb 05, 2011 Michelle Couey rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
more txt on each page than other picture books that I have been reviewing but really good illustrations and always loving a space theme
Brian
Jul 31, 2008 Brian rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
what the ???? is this supposed to be a dream? or real...as real as things get in Bear Country? I know this is a kid's book, but come on.
Shauna
Jan 11, 2008 Shauna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: preschoolers
Shelves: kids
This is currently my 3 year old's FAVORITE story! It's a bit sing-song-like but overall it is inspiring all sorts of questions!
Kim
Jan 29, 2013 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-kids
This was okay, but I much prefer the Berenstain Bears books that have a lesson in them.
Cindi
Mar 11, 2010 Cindi rated it did not like it
Why, oh why, does he have to like this one???
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it
As BB books go, pretty silly.
PWRL
May 24, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Cws
May 14, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jear
JEAR1-Ber
  • Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him!
  • Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Should Be a Vet!
  • Wings on Things
  • Happy Birthday, Thomas! (Thomas & Friends)
  • The Honeybee & the Robber
  • The M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Counting Book
  • Kanga and Baby Roo Come to the Forest
  • The Hair Book (Bright & Early Book)
  • Commotion in the Ocean (Picture Books)
  • Morris the Moose
  • Clifford's First Snow Day
  • Zack's Alligator
  • Flying High (DC Super Friends)
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • I Spy Little Animals
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Prince and the Pauper (Disney Classics)
  • The Poky Little Puppy's First Christmas
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears Bright & Early (9 books)
  • Inside, Outside, Upside Down (Berenstain Bears Bright and Early Board Book)
  • Bears on Wheels
  • Old Hat, New Hat
  • The Berenstains' B Book (Bright & Early Books)
  • Bears in the Night