Start by marking “The Sacrifice” as Want to Read:
The Sacrifice

The Sacrifice

William was feeling restless and decided to travel. His family cautioned him against his first destination, warning of the tales they have heard. He shrugs it off as rumor. Imagine his surprise when he is shanghaied to be the consort of the King of Summer.

Adrien has been chosen to be the next sacrifice to the gods. This gives him one year to live in luxury before he will
Kindle Edition
Published August 17th 2011 by Rexana McCormack (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sacrifice

Arthur
Aug 08, 2011 Arthur rated it really liked it
Adrien is a person who is chosen to be sacrificed to the gods by his country. They believe that it's needed to bring fortune to their people. Once he is chosen, he has a year to live as a king, and entitled to the title "King of Summer" before the sacrifice takes place. He was chosen a month ago, so now he has about 11 months to live. As a 'temporary' king, he has servants, bodyguards, and so on. He can also get many things he wants, including picking people on the street to warm his bed. Usuall ...more
Nana
Oct 04, 2015 Nana rated it it was ok
Would I read another of this Author works?

TOTALLY. The narration and pace were great, the characters were good, and the plot was interesting.

Why not a higher rate?

because the story was prolonged too much, I got tired of reading it.
I can say I would be satisfied without the addition of another couple in the story.

Apart of that, it was good, really. First part to the middle I would give 3 Stars.
Then in the middle to end, 1-2 Stars.

miss_chams
Dec 23, 2011 miss_chams rated it really liked it
Adorable! The storyline is pretty formulaic and short, but it's well done and very enjoyable.
Though I must say that it took a while to get a good sense of time and place. And by "time" I mean I started out thinking the story was being told as things unfolded, but it turned out to be a sort of 2 perspective retrospective. It's a little odd but I've read some of the author's other works and it seems to be a common theme.
The sex is is also reasonably tasteful.
In short, it's a short but good read :)
Elaine
Jan 03, 2013 Elaine rated it really liked it
I loved the whole mythos of this story.
Sarah added it
Jan 21, 2015
Jdjade
Jdjade rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Fantus
Fantus rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
BlackTulip
BlackTulip rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Morgana
Morgana marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2011