Start by marking “Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)

Vendetta (The Guardians #2)

After the tragic death of a friend at the hands of demons, Genesis Green moves into the pool house on ex-boyfriend Carter's estate. Still under the watchful eye of Seth, her Guardian, she lives and breathes a single purpose: Vengeance.

When the Guardian Council discovers Genesis is serious about taking Viola out of this world, they send Mara, a warrior, to help prepare her
ebook
Published August 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Vendetta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vendetta

Kristy
OK this series just got good. So far each book has added more mystery. About 3/4 of the way through the book, I realized it had a Edward, Bella, Jacob love triangle going on. The supernatural guy (Seth) who fell in love with the girl (Genesis) who is always in some kind of danger. Then the best friend/old boyfriend (Carter) who is also in love with her and works with supernatural guy to keep her safe. Her relationship with Seth is nearly an impossible situation and it makes more sense for her to ...more
Leah
Aug 10, 2015 Leah rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book quite a lot! It seems to be a nice little series that has captured my attention.
I wouldn't say that it is my favourite nor the amazing series that grabs you that i was looking for, but i am enjoying reading the series so far and i would recommend it!

I can say however, although I did enjoy this book, I am disappointed. I wanted to get into an amazing series that I just couldn't stop reading, but this book wasn't the one for me. I can't even bring myself to read the next boo
Anita Powers
This book was full, it seemed to be packed full of so much information, and so many things happened in this book. First off I love the new relationship Gee has with Carter, that they are best friends. I like that her and Selena have become friends and that Joshua is still around, and of course the loving, sexy Seth is still with Gee. I hate that Gee is so set on Vengeance it seems to make her a different person at times, and it affects her relationship with Seth which breaks my heart. I find it ...more
Maria
Apr 06, 2013 Maria rated it it was ok
*rating 2.5/5

This book was... weird... And not good weird... Even though it had the same structure as the first one and I did like the short chapters the writer used in The Guardian, in this one, it felt like there were parts missing from the story and the chapters weren't enough... I don't know... Even though I liked the story and it goes on okay from were it was left in book 1, I can't put my finger on what is wrong with it... I've already started reading book 3, so maybe the sequel was just t
Ciara
Jan 28, 2012 Ciara rated it it was amazing
This was a good follow up to the Guardian as Genesis goes Buffy the Vampire Slayer and starts to physically train! Her romance with Seth stays solid, which was good because I hate the stories where they constantly profess their love for each other yet somehow they are unsure how the other feels....BLAH!!! None of that here, but I do like how Carter gets a more active role in this story and I like how him and Genesis form a more solid friendship and learn to lean on eachother while obtaining a pl ...more
My Book Friend
Nov 27, 2011 My Book Friend rated it really liked it
After the fire, Genesis’ life fell down around her. She stood there watching. Now, living in Carter's pool house, things are much more awkward than they used to be... especially since Seth is kind of living there too. This isn't just about Carter and Seth anymore though, it is about revenge.

Genesis is constantly looking for Viola- she deserves to pay for what she did. The only thing Genesis can do now is wait, and prepare for the inevitable. Genesis might be the one that falls this time.

My Thou
Melly
Wow Vendetta was intense and oh so good! Genesis kicks some major booty. She's growing up and discovering more about herself and her abilities. I love Seth. He's even more swoon worthy in this book than in The Guardian (I didn't think that was possible). Carter has really grown on me. He's such a sweetie. Joshua is hilarious.

I really like Vendetta, but man, oh man, can you say cliffhanger?! I can't wait to find out what happens.
Jackie
Apr 19, 2013 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was like watching a movie, especially towards the end. I liked the description of every part, especially the vital ones. Seth and Genesis seem to be fighting a losing battle. In the war between good and evil it seem like evil will stop at nothing to win. Even tear Seth and Genesis apart if they can.

I didn't want to put this book down once I started it. Highly recommend this book. Can't wait to read book three.
Beth
Oct 27, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure where Genesis's story was going, but the new Guardians and Diabols were an exciting addition. Usually I have a pretty good idea where a story is going to lead and who is going to end up with who; but I am honestly not sure what is going to happen with Genesis. I did, however, think that there was much better character development in this second book and I enjoyed it much more than the first book, "Guardians."
Melanie Cumbee
May 31, 2016 Melanie Cumbee rated it it was amazing
I love the book, it pulls you in just like the first one, I wish other than that last one, there would be more of them, they story is amazing to say the least... i would have never known the author if i wasn't going through the books on amazon.... I recommend this book and the first one, and soon i will be reading the third one...
Crystal Connor
So glad that's over

The first book in this trilogy was okay. This one drove me crazy. Genesis drove me crazy. Not enough action. It was pretty much a snooze-fest. I may read the next one but no time soon. I have to read something good to get this taste out of my mouth.
Tracy Spangler
Dec 11, 2013 Tracy Spangler rated it did not like it
I tried so hard to enjoy this series. I just couldn't get into it. The concept was decent but the characters just didn't speak to me.
Tracy
Oct 13, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: angels, reaper-demons
Great series action packed with many twist and turns, has a lot mystery as it keeps you guessing who can Genesis really trust.
Kathy Harrington
Jan 02, 2013 Kathy Harrington rated it really liked it
I really did enjoy this book. There are surprises you don't expect at all. Truly an awesome 2nd book to this trilogy.
Raegan Tatro
Raegan Tatro rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Susan K Hand
Susan K Hand rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Grace Reed
Grace Reed rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Kiara
Kiara rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Naraya
Naraya rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
April Parker
April Parker rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Juliana Cabrera
Juliana Cabrera rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Michelle Ellison
Michelle Ellison rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Houser
Houser rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Leigh Anne
Leigh Anne rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Karen Chappell
Karen Chappell rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Deanna Rojas
Deanna Rojas rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2016
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Caeli
Caeli rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Megon
Megon rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2012
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • The Ascended (The Saving Angels, #3)
  • Reckoning (Guardian Trilogy, #3)
  • Valefar Vol. 2: Demon Kissed Novella (Demon Kissed)
  • Chosen (Stained, #3)
  • Enchant Me
  • Toxic Part Two (Celestra, #7.5)
  • Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)
  • Destined (Dream Realms Trilogy, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The Fahllen, #2)
  • Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)
  • Preordained (Preordained, #1)
Katie Klein is a diehard romantic with a penchant for protagonists who kick butt. She currently resides on the East Coast and is hard at work on her next YA novel. She can be reached at katiekleinwrites@yahoo.com, and maintains a web presence at: http://katiekleinwrites.blogspot.com.
More about Katie Klein...

The Guardians (3 books)
  • The Guardian (The Guardians, #1)
  • Revelation (The Guardians, #3)