Start by marking “Bannon Brothers Trust” as Want to Read:
Bannon Brothers Trust

Bannon Brothers Trust (Bannon Brothers #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  483 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Cold cases aren't R.J. Bannon's usual line of work. But Ann Montgomery's long-ago abduction is too intriguing to pass up. Ann was just three when she was taken in the night from her family's historic Virginia mansion more than twenty-five years ago. The socially prominent Montgomerys launched a heartbreaking search but no trace of the missing girl was ever found.
Bannon kno
Published August 2011 by Kensington Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bannon Brothers Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bannon Brothers Trust

Wanderer ♔ Wanderlust ♔
It was just ok - story moved along but nothing really exciting happened. This is the first book I've read by the author and probably will be the last.
Guilty Pleasures
DiDi's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

3.5 Stars

This is the first Janet Dailey book I have read, I was drawn to it, for some strange reason, because of the cover :)

TRUST is the first book of Ms. Dailey's new Bannon Brother's series. This is RJ, aka Bannon, the oldest Bannon Brother's story. RJ is a police officer who is off duty due to an on the job injury, by chance he comes across a cold case involving a missing 3 yr old, something calls to him about the case and he unofficially starts invest
Katy
I really enjoy Dailey's writing, even when she underwent a tough spell and plagarised some things (and suffered legal consequences). This story is about recovering (from a gunshot) detective RJ Bannon, who bored, decides to look into a 30-year-old cold case about a missing child. His interest is piqued because the missing child is the daughter of a local, somewhat reclusive and ruthless, millionaire who set a huge reward for her return. The reward will be null and void in a few months. Yet some ...more
Catherine
Cold cases aren't RJ Bannon's usual line of work. But Ann Montgomery long ago abduction is too intruging to pass up. Ann was just three when she was taken from her family's historic Virginia mansion more than twenty five years ago. No trace of the missing girl was found. Bannon knows the chances of finding her alive or dead are slim. Especially once he meets Erin Randall. A beautiful talented local artist she seems to share some tantalizing connections with the vanished Ann. The deeper the inves ...more
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
I found this book to be too descriptive. I also didn't like how the author focused solely on the characters at the beginning instead of the story. I want to be drawn into the story quickly and slowly introduced to the characters, not the other way around. Not my type of book.
D'Lana Parker
Disappointed

I haven't read a book by this author in a long time, but I remember really enjoying her books in the past. Not this one! The writing was disjointed. The story concept was good,but there was no depth to the characters and no chemistry between the main characters at all. The dialogue was very stilted and entire parts of conversations seemed to be missing at times. That might be the case of bad editing and not bad writing. Either way makes for a book that is painful to read and I defini
Debbie
RJ Bannon needs something to do while he’s on the last leg of his two year rehab from a drug bust gone bad, why not the 25 year old cold case of the disappearance of Ann Montgomery age 3 daughter of wealthy Hugh Montgomery. What RJ doesn’t know is that by reopening this case he’s stepped in the middle of a hornets nest and someone’s bound to get stung, will it be him, artist Erin Randall that he’s taken a shine to, sheriff Hoebel who wants him out or Hugh Montgomery himself. RJ Bannon’s about to ...more
Ally Cabella
Merle
Some good humor here, with a hero who doesn't take himself so seriously and who falls in love at first sight with a lady who tumbles him into danger and mystery - unknowingly. The romance is understated, but still sweet. There's an HEA, too. The mystery has a lot of moving parts, but Dailey does a good job tying up the loose ends. It seems sometimes, though that the loose ends are being tied up at a distance but still a good read. Don't read this for explicit sex scenes - there are none.
Lisa
Who calls their significant other or their brother always by their last name? Apparently Janet Dailey thinks its normal. Don't get me wrong, I love Janet Dailey; she's 1 of my 2 favorite authors. However, hearing Erin always refer to R. J, her love interest, only as Bannon, was annoying. Then when his own brother also called him Bannon well, I went -Huh? and Why? Janet also left me wanting more answers with this book than she provided ... like an explanation of why Ann was kidnapped instead of a ...more
Donna
I enjoyed reading this book. When you start to read the story it is easy to see where it is going. But you may not know the why until later in the story.
RJ Bannon is on leave from the police dept due to an injury. He is starting to get bored when a cold case catches his interest. An abduction of 3 yr. old Ann Montgomery. When Ann was kidnapped there was no trace evidence left to help locate her or to say what happen to her.

Erin Randall is a beautiful talented artist, who RJ wants to know better.
Lynn Pembroke
Came up on the cheap list so decided to give it a try. A nice, quick story, clean but a lot predictable. I also have book two so I'll give it a go as well.
I hate reading a book and at the end you feel it was a waste of time. I kept expecting something to happen. I was left disappointed on many levels.
Linda
I liked this book slightly better than the last Janet Dailey book in this series that I read. The plot was very apparent from the very beginning. Bannon, a detective on medical leave, delves into a 20+ year old cold case involving a kidnapped three-year old girl. The very same day he happens upon this case, he meets Erin, an artist. Now how unbelievable is this - Erin turns out to be the missing girl - far-fetched you may ask? Anyway, the two get close as Bannon uncovers the whys and whodonits o ...more
Mary
My first Dailey novel in a long while. Believable characters, interesting story line and low key drama.
Pamela
I read this book first, and so far it is my favorite of the two in the trilogy.I am about to start book 3. This is about the bannon brothers, and RJ. Bannon is the man in this one.He is the eldest brother. This is about a serial killer,and Bannon being a cop fills in to protect the girl who may be next on the list. I loved the story, and the characters.You are never disappointed with Janet Dailey as a writer. She keeps you involved from page one.It is a fast and easy summer read, never bogged do ...more
Tiffany
Tyler
Synopsis: RJ Bannon is a detective on paid administrative leave for a previous injury when he comes across a cold case about an abducted three-year old child that has sat dormant for nearly twenty-five years and was never solved. Ann Montgomery was abducted from her family's historic mansion and it tore her notable family apart, although they never gave up hope.

My Review: This book was ok. I enjoyed it, but it was fairly shallow and run-of-the-mill. But with that hunk on the cover, how could I n
Jo-Anne
The personalities of the two main characters, Erin and RJ, were not very well defined. We didn't learn much about them and I didn't feel any passion. As for the story line, there were too many things that did not get resolved.

I expected RJ to be much hotter in the book - based on the cover. This was disappointing.

I really expected to like this book because of the back cover blurb and the author but it was boring and a challenge to finish. I have no desire to read the other two books in this seri
JoAnne
Janet Dailey has come out with a new trilogy that centers on the Bannon Brothers. There are 3 brothers - therefore the trilogy. The first book centers on the eldest brother RJ who is a cop currently on disability due to a drug bust gone bad. His two brothers are mentioned throughout but his brother Linc actually plays a part in this book. There were some predictable twists and turns throughout but overall an enjoyable read. I am looking forward to reading the next 2 books in the series.
Stephanie
So much potential. I think it would have been better reading it as a book rather than listening to it because it was far far far to descriptive in unneccesary places and this made the narration drag horribly. I'm looking forward to the next one if for no other reason than the ending seemed far to abrupt and I liked the little of Linc that was in this book.
Plot was entertaining and I spent far to much time wondering if Montgomery was going to come out as a bad guy or a good guy.
Maureen Hubley
I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the next in the series. It has been a long time since I have read a Janet Dailey book. When I lived in Virginia and Massachusetts we had many bookstores and they carried everything. Living her in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont we do not have that. Our closest bookstore is Walmart in New Hampshire and we only go there every 3 months when we pickup RX.
A grear book--I would recommend it.
Patricia Solla
Here I am assuming that this is the first of three stories about three brothers. There's practically no family background mentioned in this first book. The story itself is interesting. Has plenty of action but the ending left me a little let down. There's no to be continued so I'm guessing that the next book picks up and takes off with the next brother again with no background info.
Karen
Great read with good mix of twists and suspense

Love the law enforcement scenario. Reads like you can imagine a true case. Was so engrossed I finished in one day.
Rachelle
A suspenseful romance about trust and finding out who you are. The plot is coincidental and not very suspenseful, the romance is sweet. The story would have been stronger with memories or flashbacks, and less focus on secondary characters. Erin is reserved, like a cat, and we don't see much from her perspective. Bannon is vivid and decisive and unafraid of commitment.
Loretta
within 10 minutes, I knew how the story would unfold and how it would end. I was sorry to learn that I was right. *sigh* I generally enjoy reading Dailey, but I am very disappointed in this first installment of the Bannon Brothers. I am actually not sure I will venture forth to explore the other brothers stories. :(
Wendy Palmer
It's slow moving but the jury is still out

This is supposed to be a romance where is it I like the plot but still where is the heat ....

Finished the book I don't know why it's listed as a romance when there is no more than hugging in the book this is a cop drama not a romance well I finished it
Kathy
Listened on audio. Interesting enough but no real pull to make me want to clean my house as an excuse to listen guilt free to the book. Ending was a bit quickly summed up. The romance was sweet and innocent, nice change of pace for me. Overall I liked it enough to listen to book 2.
Dalbarado
A good read for a summer day. In true Daily fashion, she combines romance with mystery. Character descriptions have you visualizing the Bannon brothers, as studs with a soft edges. The fact that this is the start of a trilogy makes it even better.
Loreta
Janet Dailey never fails. When reading one of her books you feel like you are among friends. This particular storyline is well thought out and keeps you interested from page one. I'm lookng forward to the next two books of this trilogy.
  • Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2)
  • Chelynne
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • Big Sky Country (Parable, Montana, #1)
  • Tempting Fate
  • The Black Sheep's Redemption (Fitzgerald Bay #5)
  • The Wedding Night
  • Sisters Found
  • Quinn's Woman / Home for the Holidays
  • The You I Never Knew
  • When Sparrows Fall
  • Courageous
  • Disclosure: The McCaffertys: The McCaffertys: Slade\The McCaffertys: Randi
  • Disengaged
  • Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3)
  • Deadly Vows  (Protecting the Witnesses, #4 )
  • The Waiting Game
  • Kane (Louisiana Gentlemen, #1)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)