Start by marking “Dark Soul Vol. 1 (Dark Soul, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Soul Vol. 1 (Dark Soul, #1)
Read eBook

Dark Soul Vol. 1 (Dark Soul #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,931 ratings  ·  435 reviews
Stefano Marino is a made man, a happily married west coast mafia boss who travels east to await the death of a family patriarch. All the old hands have gathered—of course sharks will circle when there’s blood in the water—but it’s a new hand that draws Stefano’s eye.

Silvio “the Barracuda” Spadaro is protetto and heir to retired consigliere Gianbattista Falchi, and a made m
Published October 30th 2011 by Riptide Publishing (first published October 27th 2011)

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

Just a few quick thoughts before I read Vol. 2. This book confused the hell out of me. It feels like I am missing something and I hope I’m not the only one. I guess I’ll get a lot of answers in the next instalments but I also hope I’ll get some background to the story because I feel like I’ve been thrown in the middle of a story that started way back.

I know I am not making any sense…

So why do I start my review “complaining” about something but I still give this book 4 stars? First of all becaus
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
DARK SOUL VOL. 1 / REVIEW COMPLETED AUGUST 31, 2012

Yet the most disturbing feature was that little smile playing around Silvio's lips, a smile that didn't reach anything else in his face. It was knowing, that smile, full of dark awareness no boy that age should have.

Photobucket

I was not eager to read this series but I'm glad that I gave it a go. Dark Soul Vol. 1 is rather intense and features intriguing and complex characters.

When Stefano meets Silvio for the first time…

(…)"I didn't catch your name."
"T
Anna  (Bananas!)
A tasty, twisted morsel. I'm hungry for more. On to Vol 2!
Love Silvio: "That's why I don't belong to anybody. I'm not following their f**king rules."

Silvio now

Silvio as a young boy
Photobucket

Silvio about to kill your ass. RUN!!!
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
OMFG! that was an absolutely amazing read!

SILVIO I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!
[image error]

I think I have found my number 1 ultimate bad boy!

*REVIEW TO FOLLOW*
Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance
This series, is so un-bloody-believably brilliant that I devoured each and every one of the books back to back! I could not put them down.

Because of this I will do a review as a whole on Dark Soul Vol. 5 I have also rated the series as a whole rather than individually.

julio
Sexual tension thick enough to eat with a spoon.

After you've had sex with it.
Loederkoningin
Let's all take a moment to consider that my friend just lost her m/m virginity to a guy being (view spoiler).

I know...

This may therefore be our first and last m/m buddy read, but at least it will make a good story. Eventually.
Now Silvio. He has a solid fan base here on Goodreads. So I was surprised that for my taste he's a little too... "Gay", you say? Well, I would never accuse a gay character in a gay book of being too gay. And I know he's a ruthless kill
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Woah! Free right now at Amazon US! 10/5/14**

I think this book and author were too overhyped for me. I was expecting fireworks and crazy chemistry and sizzling heat. I was mildly disappointed. I began and finished the first book pretty confused about the mob story that is supposed to be happening. I'm confused about Stefano's mafia goals. I'm not confused about his chemistry with Silvio and where that will lead- very excited about that! I'm going to keep reading and hope it gets even b
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Jul 13, 2014 Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m-m, gay, assassin, thriller, mafia, mafioso
~~~

No Spoilers-

Mr. Voinov has once again caught me by surprise. Dark Soul 1 was not what I was expecting and I should know better, by now, than to have any preconceived notions regarding what Voinov has written. Honestly, I kept putting this read off as I wasn't interested in reading a story about the mafia. This isn't a book about the mafia. This is a story about onions.

Yeah, yeah I know the onion/layer analogy is over used but still, it is a good one to describe this book. The characters are m
Lenore
The only reason I’m not giving Dark Soul five stars is because it’s part of a series. These stories aren’t delivered like traditional stand-alones (at least this one isn’t) so I don’t have the whole picture yet.

The first thing that you realize when you start reading this is that you’re not at the beginning of the story. Or rather, you are at the beginning of the part of the story the author chose to give you. And you have to figure out lots of details by yourself. The author doesn’t facilitate t
Lauraadriana
Well there he goes again. Mr. Voinov taking me places I know I should not be comfortable in, and not just making me love it, not just love it, oh no no...I'm going to be craving more of this.

This place that Voinov has created, it's deadly, it's dangerous, it's fueled with desires that are just on this side of frightening...And yet it's sedate, civil, formal. Men like Stefano and Gianbattista, I mean just because they are criminals and killers, it does not mean they aren't gentlemen.

I loved that
Sammy Loves Books
Intriguing Introduction to the Dark Soul Series!!!
Stephano Marino is a Mafioso made man with a problem. He's about to go to war and he needs help. So he turns to Gianbattista Falchi, aka Battista, a retired consigliere. Battista, provides help to Stephano in the form of "Silvio".
Silvio feminine

Silvio is Battista's second in command. He's his heir, his sicario, and his lover. He's beautiful, feminie, and deadly. Silvio is also a killer. Dangerous and souless.

Battista
description

The details of Battista and Silvio's relati
~ Becs ~
I received the whole collection from NetGalley for review so this will be short - I will post a full review when I've read all the volumes.

I loved this. At first, I felt a little lost - we're plunged straight into a large mafioso scene where everyone is waiting for someone important to die. I kind of felt like I'd missed the first chapter - I really struggled to follow what was going on.

But - it didn't last and I loved Stefano's curiosity about Silvio like some kind of exotic butterfly. The stor
DayDreamer
I'm riveted. Both Silvio and Stefano are intrigiung characters. I need more.

________
Why did that send a tingle through his body? What was it about Spadaro that made Stefano want to hit him, kick him, even shoot him? Why did he want to hear the man groan in pain? Why did that turn him on?
Power. It had to be the power.

"Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power." --Oscar Wilde ^_^
Aleksandr Voinov
Mar 10, 2013 Aleksandr Voinov added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This is now a Dear Author Recommended Read. They gave it an A-/B+ review:

DABWAHA finalist:

Kelly
I'm so glad I decided to step way beyond my comfort zone and read this. It was absolutely brilliant. Mr. Voinov continues to amaze me with his remarkable talent. I'm dying to know more about Silvio and Stefano and can't wait to read the next one.
Susan

Book 1 so perfectly sets up what I am hoping to be a deliciously dark & twisted series...and one that I plan to devour and probably reread over and over again.

What Voinov manages to do is take shocking scenes (the scene starring a Desert Eagle pistol; sex scene by the hot tub) and story lines (Giambattista's and Silvio's relationship) and manages to make them beautiful in a "I-shouldn't-find-this-beautiful-but-I-so-do" sort of way.

And by the way, I could give this 5 stars alone for buildin
Clarifina ~Books Are My Drugs~
Damn...my first m/m and it's this. Not that I'm complaining. It was pretty damn hot. And Silvio...*drool Mmm...I think it's pretty clear I'm not thinking straight right now. I was actually pretty weirded out when I found out that I liked some of the screwed-up scenes but oh well, it was a good, short, hot first m/m read so I'm kinda happy. Not at all the reaction I was expecting from myself after reading this.
Mar 03, 2012 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Christina
Shelves: cover-me, favorites
Dark Soul (vol.1) by Aleksandr Voinov had me at “hello”. As soon as I saw the cover, I knew I had to read it. It just grabbed and pulled me in. And once in the words, there was no escaping the power, magnetism, and gut punching force of this story, characters, and world.

Mr. Voinov introduces readers to a mafia world filled with tradition, war, head games, elegance, and brutality. Stefano Marino is a young mafia boss with a wife, territory and interests to protect, but also a dangerous passion a
It's just me Shelly B

Silvio.....

"...more like a siren or succubus, as deadly as he was tempting."

He is extremely mysterious, dark, dangerous and sexy. He's also an assassin. I ABSOLUTELY loved his character!!! There's no confusion for him he knows what he wants and one way or another he will achieve his goal.

Stefano...

He is a mob boss. He's also dark and sexy but CRAZY confused and uncertain after he meets the deadly Silvio.....have I told you I REALLY like Silvio, I may have repeated myself sorry;)

Silvio and Stefan
Bev
Silvio, Silvio, wherefore art thou Silvio?

A simple review really. I can't wait to read the others, it's that good!!

But I do know what I would like to happen to Gianbattista Falchi

of course, that's not for me to decide!

Sheri
Dreadfully dark. Tangled thoughts.
Intense is an understatement…..

Ok, so I am trying to muddle through my thoughts and it’s not easy. I am lost in my own head, and to be honest, maybe a little scared. Alright alright, I’ll come clean, I am petrified. I was not expecting this much darkness; it completely knocked me on my ass. With such solid endorsements and ravings from bookie’s I trust, I had to stop and check myself….am I reading the right book? Well, shit I am. So what is my problem? Well, I
JaHy♕ Bitchy  Goddess ♥'s  everything CrAzY  ☿
**Short and sweet review***

Look folks there was hardly any m/m action so I'm in a rush to start book 2 (which better be smuttier) This is a mafia story about 3 main characters
1) Stefano - I'm SMDH at you for multiple reasons. , btw you still owe Vince a new gun.....And shut the fuck up about feminine features, if it has a dick its masculine. God, I hope he fucks ____ soon.
2) Gianbattista- You stupid asshole ! I don't trust any man that discards a god piece of ass. Something is definitely off ab
Chippy *Moves Like Jagger* Marco
I'm horrified!!! I forgot to do a review for this book, I did one for all the others. Oh, my weak, forgetful mind. I don't have time now, I have work, but I will get back to you my dear Silvio!!!! I promise or you can put a hit out on ... my arse!
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This is a very interesting beginning to a new series.

Stefano is a mafia boss, who's still consolidating his position. Silvio is a killer and the heir of a retired consigliere. When they meet, they are waiting for the death of another family boss. Every family member is present to pay their respects and to try to gain even more power. Silvio's reputation is that of a deadly young man, but he is surrounded by a sensual aura that he has no problem flaunting. Silvio feels immediately haunted by the
Wendy
Stefano an established mafia figure leader, heterosexual, discovers he has dark sexual urges for a man named Silvio.

Silvio, a young man, charismatic, a killer with a Dark Soul.

The meeting of these two characters explodes on the page. Be prepared to be completely immersed in the mafia world - with a twist! Love it!
Vilda
Rating: 3,5 stars

Read my series review here!
Em
Dark and delicious and I'm left wanting more! Lucky there's quite a few to go:)
Karéz
3 Anima nera stelle

This book was so short it was literally 2 chapters. but at the beginning i had a hard time understanding it! i guess i was having a *Brain Fart* Moment.

description

All you wanna know is that the story it's about italian mafia. and probably Russian's too!!

Silvio The Anima nera(Black Soul). the name really suits him because he's a killer. a Mafioso. been taught by his lover!, a true assassin. But under this tough personality. we see Silivo had been suffered.
Stefano a married man. and have
Steelwhisper
1.5* rounded up for the excellent cover and a well-edited prose.

ETA after sleeping over this for a night, and after being tackled about my take by a Dark Soul fan:

What expectations do I have when reading a book? Is a book "for me" or "not for me" and how, if this is so, does this make it into the rating. Would I know aforehand, and if I do, why would I still read? To be arsy, or why?

Okay, let me address these and some more implied questions.

Yes, I dislike alphamales, I hate organised crime, gang
Riptide Publishing: Dear Author Recommended Reads 10 103 Apr 07, 2012 12:17AM
  • Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden, #1)
  • The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture
  • The Island
  • Don't... (Don't..., #1)
  • Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1)
  • Fade (In the company of shadows, #4)
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Reprisal
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • Stockholm Syndrome (Stockholm Syndrome, #1)

Dark Soul (5 books)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul, #4)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)
Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1) Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3) Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1) Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2) Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)

“All paradises have gates,” Falchi said. “You’d wonder why God made Paradise with an exit if he didn’t anticipate having to use it eventually.” 19 likes
“Tell me why I shouldn’t shoot you,” Stefano murmured. Low, intimate, just between them.
“Fun . . . would be over too fast?”
10 likes