Start by marking “Accounting for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Accounting for Dummies

Accounting for Dummies

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Learn the basics of practical accounting easily and painlessly with "Accounting For Dummies, 4th Edition," which features new information on accounting methods and standards to keep you up to date. With this guide, you can avoid accounting fraud, minimize confusion, maximize profits, and make sense of accounting basics with this plain-English guide to your accountant's lan ...more
Published April 8th 2011 by For Dummies (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Accounting for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accounting for Dummies

Brian Welch
I laughed. I cried. I ran the full gamut of emotions. And that was before opening the book.
Gia Scott
I'm not an accountant or bookkeeper, but I did need to understand the process. I also didn't want to have to try and find classes to teach me about the basics.

Dummies books are well known for being easy to read and understand. This book is like others in the series in that it does exactly that. In addition, each chapter is written so that you can go to the exact section that you need and go only through that chapter alone, instead of being forced to read the entire book so that you understood a
Peter
I listened to this as an audiobook, which was probably a bad choice (like milk). The book seems to be a high-level management style overview of basic accounting principles. As an audiobook it was sometimes difficult to picture in my head the various types of accounting forms that the author was speaking on (Simon... That was for you). I assume that in the real book there are likely examples to make this easier. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a high-level view of business acco ...more
Jonathan
I find the Dummies series to be quite educational. If I wanted to learn about cooking or about sports, I can read a book designed around the topic. I think that a person should learn as much as they can about things that matter to them. I like learning about accounting because of it's role in business. Increasing my knowledge of accounting can help me invest or even save money.
I like the summary on the income statement and balance sheet. I also like how the book goes in depth what an accounta
Adam Marsh
A bit difficult to follow in audiobook form.
Katie
overall a great look at accounting, just like you would expect from this book. went more in depth than I expected, which was nice. took me awhile to get through because it's a bit dry.... only so much you can do to spice up an accounting book.
D
Maybe I needed accounting for MEGA dummies. I have zero knowledge about accounting and unfortunately I found that in order to understand this book one still needed a basic understanding of accounting definitions to grasp these concepts. Bummer.
Shannon Mitrovich
This book made my fear of accounting go away. It seems to be more organizing than math skills needed. I feel much more prepared. Accounting is my very first MBA class starting September 7, 2013.
Amber
I skipped around in this book and read the items that mattered to me at this point. I like that I can skip around in the book. This is a great desk reference for a quick laymans explanation.
Nunik Kartikarini
Actually a rather boring book, but it tells me some basics accounting, so I can say that its a helpful book
Andrew
Nov 11, 2012 Andrew rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Andrew by: Lilamani Schleicher
Some helpful ideas to get me started. Geared to business accounting as opposed to nonprofit organizations.
Darcy Stewart
This a great study guide. I love how it contains so much, but is so little.
Brian
just too much beyond me.....i don't think this is for me.
Jim George
Can't get much better.
PWRL
Apr 25, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Nikitia
Nikitia is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2015
Wendy Navarre
Wendy Navarre marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Elsa Anchondo
Elsa Anchondo marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2015
Araba Dowell
Araba Dowell marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Henry Sim
Henry Sim marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Carrie
Carrie added it
Jan 04, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
  • Bipolar Disorder for Dummies
  • Calculus for Dummies
  • Canadian History for Dummies
  • Forensics for Dummies
How to Read a Financial Report: Wringing Vital Signs Out of the Numbers Accounting Workbook for Dummies The Fast Forward MBA in Finance Understanding Business Accounting For Dummies (For Dummies) The Comprehensive Guide on How to Read a Financial Report, + Website: Wringing Vital Signs Out of the Numbers