Start by marking “The Lightning Tree” as Want to Read:
The Lightning Tree

The Lightning Tree

2.7 of 5 stars 2.70  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Now back in print, this unique novel tells the story of one woman's remarkable life, lived out in the harshly beautiful landscape of the Burren. It is a story told by Mariah, a woman healer who lived in harmony not only with the special environment of the Burren but also with the spirits of the past. It is a story of love surprisingly found and tragically lost; of the stru...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Brandon Books (first published September 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lightning Tree

Jamie
I could not get into this book. It was so slow. I only made it to page 58 and then stopped reading it. I normally always finish a book, even if it isn't that great but I couldn't even finish this one. I think part of it was that I had 3 other books waiting for me so when I couldn't get into this one I started one of the others and never made it back. I wouldn't recommend this book.
Mary Kate
I would give this book 1 and 1/2 stars if such rating was possible. The story is poetic but unfortunately, the writing is not. It is sad, because the story and underlying voice of Mariah have potential, but the elementary approach (think USA Today) doesn't deliver.
Bryan Pope
Bryan Pope marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Eliza
Eliza marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Jayson
Jayson added it
Oct 01, 2012
Stuart Thom
Stuart Thom marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2012
Scoozer
Scoozer marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2010
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2010
Mabs
Mabs marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2007
Notes from the Heart: A Celebration of Traditional Irish Music The Music Of Ghosts One Night in the Life of R.V. Mulrooney A Nightingale Falling