Start by marking “How We Did It: Weight Loss Choices That Will Work for You!” as Want to Read:
How We Did It: Weight Loss Choices That Will Work for You!

How We Did It: Weight Loss Choices That Will Work for You!

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In How We Did It, Nancy Kennedy tells the stories of those who have tried just about every weight-loss program available, facing frustration but ultimately succeeding. These stories will inspire, inform, and encourage you to find the plan that will work for you, whether a name brand plan or one of your own making.

Weight loss plans are too often presented as one-size-fits-
Published December 6th 2011 by ACU Press/Leafwood Publishers

To ask other readers questions about How We Did It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How We Did It

I was really surprised and pleased with this book.
I read it in about two days. I liked how it was broken down into simple sections of each person's tale. It covered a wide range of ways that people lost weight and often mentioned that must people used multiple methods. This book was very inspiring to read and left me feeling hopeful.
thank you.

Also, I do want to note that I am a atheist. There is some spiritual mentions in through out the book, but i never found them to be pushy or forced upon th
Sep 01, 2012 Kara rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: weight

The human mind has the flight-or-fight hard wired into it in order to survive dangerous situation. Faced with things like fangs and claws, chemicals are involuntarily pumped into the blood stream, muscles tense, pupils dilate, and we are prepped to either start running from a saber tooth tiger or hunting down a woolly mammoth.

Today, the response is still there, ready to help us out in car accidents, natural disasters, muggings, or other times we find ourselves in danger.

Sometimes, however, our
Interesting book with stories about how people lost weight. The vast majority lost over 100 lbs. They were successful using various diets and most of them had tried different types of diets. There was no one diet is the best in this book. The message is to find a diet you can live with and then go for it.
Ij marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Mary Kenyon
Mary Kenyon marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Christy Dickison
Christy Dickison marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Brematt1 marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Elizabeth Case
Elizabeth Case marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Laura Bogue
Laura Bogue marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Jodie added it
Oct 16, 2012
SantosGray marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2012
Stacey added it
Feb 15, 2012
Caylee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Huston marked it as to-read
Susan Hupp
Susan Hupp marked it as to-read
Marcie Parrish
Marcie Parrish marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Jason marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Alicia marked it as to-read
JG marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2012
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2012
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2012
Bonnie Colvert
Bonnie Colvert marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2012
Q&A with Nancy B....: Ask your weight loss questions 5 3 Mar 22, 2012 10:30AM
Q&A with Nancy B....: Meet the folks in How We Did It 7 4 Mar 15, 2012 05:57AM
Q&A with Nancy B....: Share your weight loss story 2 2 Feb 27, 2012 10:33AM
Q&A with Nancy B....: * Welcome! 1 1 Feb 25, 2012 09:50AM
I am the author of a series of books titled Miracles and Moments of Grace, which are anthologies of inspiring stories. The fourth title, Inspiring Stories of Survival,, released in September 2014.

The three previous titles are: Inspiring Stories from Moms, Inspiring Stories from Military Chaplains
More about Nancy B. Kennedy...