Start by marking “The Cat Sitter's Pajamas (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
The Cat Sitter's Pajamas (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #7)

The Cat Sitter's Pajamas (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #7)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  570 ratings  ·  91 reviews

Author Blaize Clement has thrilled readers everywhere with the first six books in her pet-sitting mystery series. Now Blaize’s beloved heroine Dixie Hemingway is back for another adventure, and she has her hands full when the worlds of celebrity hijinks, counterfeit fashion, and naughty cats collide.

Dixie Hemingway, no relation to you-know-who, accepts a job taking ca

Published January 3rd 2012 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cat Sitter's Pajamas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat Sitter's Pajamas

Sfdreams
Jan 13, 2012 Sfdreams rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: animal lovers, cozy mystery lovers
Shelves: reviewed
I really loved this last installment of the series! Mostly for the personal development aspects--I did not figure out "whodunnit" but I DID figure out a big secret in the book WAY before Dixie did. Well, actually, she NEVER figured it out--another character did. Maybe Dixie is way more naive than I am. I dunno.

I was also irritated at the author's assertion: "Blood has bacteria that seeps into cracks and crevices and gets into the air. It takes a specialized cleaning crew to sanitize a house whe
Christina Jones
OK, I'll admit I didn't want to wait to see where Dixie was going with her romance (I was number 113 on the waiting list at the library), so I bought the book. Since Dixie seems so caught up in detailing the relationship with her brother and brother-in-love, I was surprised she didn't catch on to the probable gender switch by Briana; especially as the story Briana told didn't jive with Cupcake's. I'm confident most reader's put that together long before Dixie...which makes her a little dense. Th ...more
Juli Pennock
Another pretty good story. I liked this one better than the first, and I'm still envious of Dixie's life (minus all the, you know, violence and murder and crap) and especially her home.

I did think she was very slow on the uptake when it came to Briana and the list. Maybe that was the point, though, that the reader knows before the heroine. I usually don't figure out the mystery in a cozy til close to the end, so it was a nice change for me (wink), to be a little ahead of the heroine. I didn't kn
Ellen
The Cat Sitter's Pajamas

5.0 out of 5 stars On the Job with Dixie, May 2, 2014

This review is from: The Cat Sitter's Pajamas: A Dixie Hemingway Mystery (Dixie Hemingway Mysteries)

"The Cat Sitter's Pajamas" by Blaize Clement.

Dixie Hemingway is busy pet sitting for her regular clients and now has an additional client to add to her roster. The famous Tampa Bay Buccaneer, Cupcake Trillin, and his wife Jancey have 2 cats, Elvis & Lucy. They are going to Italy on vacation and requested Dixie to
Alannah Davis
When pet sitter Dixie Hemingway lets herself inside famous football player Cupcake Trillin's home in order to feed his cats, she surprises a strange woman who'd broken in. After Dixie notifies both Cupcake and the police, she finds another surprise in Cupcake's house: a newly murdered body, and it wasn't that of the woman who'd broken in.

This book is just about everything I love in a cozy mystery: well-drawn characters, intriguing goings-on, cats (non-mystery-solving ones in the case of this par
Larraine
After several serious books, I decided it was time again for something light and cozy. The Cat Sitters Pajamas really hit the right tone in more ways than one! Since I had just picked this book up at the library, I decided to dip right in. I started it yesterday and finished today. (Since we had freezing rain atop 2 inches of snow this morning, and the temperature hasn't gone above 30 degrees, I decided the best thing I could do was snuggle up with a book about cats and pets that takes place in ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This novel is a living testimony to the fine writing of Ms. Clement, who shall be greatly missed. I heard a rumor that her Son, continued on to finish this manuscript, if so, he is so in-touch with his Mother that the book was seamless. I pray he continues the series.

Our sleuth, Dixie Hemingway is a small animal sitter. She has her regular clients and does special jobs like watching over cats for a famous football player, Cupcake Trillin. Upon entering his house, Dixie is shocked to find a super
Karen Blinn
Dixie is taking care of the Tampa Buc's Cupcake Trillen's two cats. When she stops there one morning, she finds a nearly-naked model, Briana, inside the house. Stepping outside, Dixie calls the police. By the time the police arrive, Briana has vanished, but now there is a dead woman lying on the floor. The police remain mum over the next few day's about the deceased's identity. Dixie convinces Briana to surrender to them, but she is released from custody after a brief stay in jail. Of course, Di ...more
Ed
#7 in the Dixie Hemingway series about a South Florida pet sitter. The author of this light-hearted, engaging series, Blaize Clement, is deceased, but her son is reported to be continuing the series from notes prepared by his mother in anticipation of her death.

Dixie Hemingway is surprised to find a nearly naked woman, supermodel Briana, at the home of vacationing pro football star Cupcake Trillin and his wife, Jancey, whose cats Dixie's pet-sitting,. After Briana claims to be Cupcake's wife, Di
Audrey Southorn
This a good story even though the main character seems to get herself into trouble both with the law and her brother who tends to be protective. I like all the things I learn about the Florida Keyslots of different birds. And growing things.
Gramy
This is the first book written by John Clements, after collaborating with his mother before she passed away. The positive points are that most of the descriptions align with the previous books nicely. The negative point, which really irks me, is that the author thinks that a woman finds a man 'sexy' because of his use of profanity. That affected me in the opposite manner completely, turning me off! There was excessive profanity from several people. I personally do not think it is necessary. It d ...more
Claudia
Maybe I should have started this series at the beginning where Dixie was introduced. Her character never grew on me and the mystery was just okay.
Michele
This book was more like the others....the supporting characters supported and the cat Dixie was pet sitting was very important to the story.....because of a personality quirk.
Phillis
I liked the storyline. A nice light mystery, a fast read, and no trying to keep up with a convoluted storyline. Nice to read between some heavy reading. Dixie is a pet sitter who manages to find dead bodies. Usually she just pet sits as her everyday job but every once in a while a dead body turns up and Dixie is in the middle of it all. Her boyfriend is a detective and he is firmiliar with her body count. He moved to New Orleans and now Dixie has to go it alone with the local Sherriff's Dept on ...more
Jackie
Cat sitter, Dixie, finds a strange woman in a client's house and the fur begins to fly. The woman claimed to be the client's wife but she isn't the wife Dixie's been introduced to so Dixie does the smart thing, goes back to her car & calls the police to report an intruder. By the time the cops arrive, strange woman number one has gone and female corpse number one has settled in. The ways of the rich are unknown to me. And I have trouble understanding the desirability of designer items but th ...more
Angela Verdenius
Another great mystery. Really enjoyed it, and loved revisiting the familiar characters and place it is set in.
Lindig
Not bad. As I was reading, I realized that I'd read an earlier one in this series but it was peripheral character names that I recognized, not the main character. It's a really fast read. The plot kept getting more and more complicated, like making a house of cards, and then very suddenly it all collapsed into a tidy deck. There was only one thing left dangling and it had nothing to do with the plot. I wouldn't turn down reading another in this series but probably won't seek it out, either. At l ...more
Gretchen
This is the 7th in this series about a pet sitter in Forida named Dixie Hemingway. When she enters a client's house, she finds a mostly naked woman waiting for her. She goes back out and calls the police. When they go back in, that woman is gone, but another woman is dead in the livingroom. Dixie gets caught up in finding all she can about the first woman and also gets entangled in a counterfeit clothing ring. She also has to make a decision about her long-distance boyfriend.
I like this series a
Kaye
Dixie Hemingway, no relation to you-know-who, accepts a simple job of cat sitting for celebrity football player Cupcake Trillin. Who knew that Dixie would find a woman in Cupcake's house who claims to be his wife, but is not. When Dixie finds herself spun into the world of counterfeit high fashion, she knows she's way out of her comfort zone.

Once again this series satisfies. Blaize Clement died, and her son finished the book. Kudos to him. This book seamlessly fits into the series.
Susan
I enjoyed this book. It has some interesting plot turns. It is also great to see Dixie moving on from her family's tragedy - of course people, even fictional people, should be able to take the time they need to process this type of horrible event, but from a reader's stand point it is nice to see the character develop in a new way. I am glad that Ms. Clement's son has taken up the series. I am looking forward to reading the next book and hope he writes as well as his mother.
Donna in Southern Maryland
These started out as just kind of fluffy cozies, then turned to a little more hard edged Murder Mystery. I was s ad to read recently that the author had Terminal Cancer as she was racing to finish this book. The good news is that she worked with her son to help him plot out several more "Dixie" books, so let's hope they are as good as the others. These books are set in an area just south of Sarasota that I have visited, so that makes them a little more special to me. Enjoyable.
Norma Huss
A fun read, a tad silly, a bit convoluted (I like that!). Actually, the cat sitter takes care of any pet animal or bird. She scoots from house to house, usually while the pet owner is on vacation, but sometimes when the the owner either doesn't have the time, or the physical ability to tend to the animal. But it is two cats with vafationing owners that are at the scene of the crime - naturally a dead body. Definitely a "cozy" read, and I do like cozies.
Alissa
I did not enjoy this series as much as I had the others. I figured out the puzzle before Dixie and it annoys me when I'm more clever than the characters (or the author's hints are TOO big). I was tired of Dixie's love life dilemma and her waffling on it.

The author is now deceased, which was not acknowledged in the jacket flap or book, which also bothered me. Apparently her son will now be writing the series. That should be interesting.
Joanna Warrens
Blaize Clements writes a rare combination: cozies with a hard edge. This is a hard thing to pull off but I appreciate it. After all, no matter how cozy a mystery is, it still involves evil and darkness. Clement never forgets that fact. I think this may be the last book that Blaize Clement wrote before she died. The series is continuing with her son's writing and I will be curious see how that develops.
Rosemary W
The latest in the pet sitter series, the characters are as charming as ever, but this time I was disappointed in the action - Dixie makes a few decisions that I would classify in the "almost too stupid to live" category. The sense of place and family is, as always, good - enough so I'm glad I read it. However, if this had been the first of the series I'd read, I'd never have read any of the others (which are excellent).
Charlene
A quick, fun book to read with petsitter as the detective . . . I always enjoy the series's description of beautiful locale (Siesta Key, south Florida. The regular characters are very likeable and human, the pets that show up in the different books appealing -- the murder mystery in the story is secondary for me in the appeal of the book. And the big mystery in the story I figured out well before the end of the book.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
A great plot, although the twist at the end was a dead giveaway to me from the beginning. The murderer completely escaped me however and the story line was intriguing. Not my favourite in the series because the author messes with some of the main characters in ways I am not a fan of. Still, I grew up on Siesta Key and reading one of these books is like being home, so I'll always be a fan of the series.
Angie
PROS: Wonderful sense of the Florida Keys and Dixie's interactions with the animals she cares for. Does a good job of making the chracters seem human, e.g., Dixie's conflict about her love life is handled very well. A very enjoyable quick read.
CONS: The plotting could be a bit better, e.g., the "big" clue was WAY too obvious, as was the "surprise" in the last chapter. (I do not believe in spoilers!).
Kj
I am really enjoying this series & the characters. This one did not show her doing a lot of detective work & I thought something was up with that piece of paper but I liked the "surprise" at the end. No spoilers here. I am sad that Guidry is gone but she does need to explore new relationships to heal so I am all for her going out. I cannot wait for her next book to come out. Thanks Dixie!
Elaine
wonderful descriptions; the book did keep me reading, but I had 2 of the 3 mystery elements figured out LONG before the main character did, and she sure did a couple of REALLY stupid things. Still, from other reviews, I see other books by the same author were considered better. I doubt I'd go out and buy more by this author, but if they're in the library, I'd probably check them out.
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • File M for Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #3)
  • The Cat, the Wife and the Weapon (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #4)
  • The Big Kitty (Sunny & Shadow Mystery, #1)
  • Topped Chef   (Key West Food Critic Mystery #3)
  • Buried in Buttercream (Savannah Reid Mystery, #17)
  • Skating on the Edge (Rebecca Robbins, #3)
  • Cat Trick (Magical Cats, #4)
  • One Book in the Grave (A Bibliophile Mystery, #5)
  • Trick or Deadly Treat (Fresh-Baked Mystery, #9)
  • Chocolate Covered Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18)
  • Scandal in Skibbereen (County Cork, #2)
My passion is people. I think people are absolutely magnificent. Not the power-hungry heads of governments or churches or corporations who justify all kinds of horror if it suits their goals, but the rest of us. In spite of the awful things some human beings do in order to control other human beings, most people are peacefully going about their own business, and I applaud that. Families are the ba ...more
More about Blaize Clement...
Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #1) Duplicity Dogged the Dachshund (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #2) Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #3) Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #5) Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #4)