Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 38: Fear for Fight” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 38: Fear for Fight

Bleach, Volume 38: Fear for Fight (Bleach #38)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,526 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow--a malevolent lost soul--Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!

Th
Published February 7th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 38, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 38

MissAnnThrope
15 December 2012

Bleach, Volume 38: Fear for Fight opens with Izuru kicking some major boo-TAY. He always conveys a sweet demeanor, so it was a wonderful surprise seeing his badass side when he put Abirama Redder to shame.

On the other side of Karakura town, Shūhei Hisagi battles Findorr Calius. I was getting annoyed with all the "exacta" crap, and laughed to myself when Shūhei said what I was thinking.

While I enjoy these non-ranking Soul Reapers display their abilities, the fight scenes were ju
Sophia F
I was just ever so slightly disappointed with this volume, but yet there wasn't really anything WRONG with it so I still gave it 5 stars.
Although we were thrown back into battle in the last volume, this one seemed to be less exciting. The entire series has constantly kept me on edge, but yet this one volume, the first volume to have this issue, just kind of bored me. I seemed to just really want to get it done and over with, because the battle was very repetitive as the battle from before. Same
Sara
Bbabri
Szeretem ezt a borítót. Hisagi-t is szeretem, és azt is, hogy használta a zanpakuto-ját. Véleményem szerint, az egyik legszebb zanpakuto a mangában.
Igazából a fülszöveg elmondd mindent. Ki-kivel harcol, mik történtek, és mik a következmények.
Ikkaku-t én is jól fenékbe billentettem volna. Annyira makacs. És ennek a makacsságnak meglett az ára.
Mindenki harcban áll most, ami kicsit zavaró, az az, hogy egyik harcnál sem töltünk pár képnél többet, sok minden van belesűrítve ebbe a kötetbe.
Soi Fong ha
Destiny
So I'm back with my thoughts on Volume 38. I didn't really think much of these chapters when they were first released back in 2009 and I barely remember reading them. But in this sorta re-read, I'm struck at how Kubo defines the different characters philosophies. You go from Hisagi's to Kira's and even though the characters themselves appear to be good friends, they differ in their attitude to fighting. I don't now I never noticed it until now.

Oh and speaking of Hisagi, thank you Kubo for that
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Wickedshizuku
May 19, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
We start off this volume with Chapter 323: Gloomy, Ghastly, and Full of Dispair.
Grigor Hoonanian
In "Bleach vol 38" by Tite Kubo it explains a little about the main character. The main character Ichigo Kurosaki never wanted the ability to see ghosts. He didn't know he was born with a gift. One day his family is attacked by a Malevolent lost soul. After that Ichigo becomes a soul reaper which are people who fight spirits so that the spirits can't attack the humans. "I'm kind of glad we didn't make it in time" this was said by one of the Team members of Ichigo who saw what a spirit had done t ...more
Marisa
intrested in how this is all going to endup in the end
Jeffrey
It takes a brave author to set, not only his main character but, his entire main cast aside for nine chapters to allow the subordinates to shine in combat against the enemy. While Tite Kubo does do a spectacular job bringing characterization to some members of the Soul Society and the simple utterance of "Bankai" stilll sends chills down your spine, the villains in the piece fall flat. They're too generic with not enough to keep them interesting visually or personality wise.
Sarah Jane Smith
A kind of a 'meh' volume. A lot of action and not a lot of plot development. The best part of it was probably the rumble between Aizen's soldiers and the various Soul Society captains/vice-captains near the end of the volume. Other than that, not much to write home about. Although reading Madarame and his section squabble was cute in an odd way.

An expanded review of this and the latest volumes of Naruto and One Piece will be up later tonight at my blog: http://nagareboshi-reviews.blogspot.com/
Cornerofmadness
Jasmin Garcia
There is only one thing to fear...
To become a warrior without fear.
Malia
This series is getting like Dragon Ball Z to me...too much fighting, stilted dialogue, lack of character development or the plot moving forward. I'm going to try one more and then give up on Bleach. I really liked it at first but it's just getting too repetitive.
Ronald
An entertaining and quick read.
At least this volume was still in the main story / timeline and not another flashback / side story. I do have to say that some of the characters are not consistant with how they were shown in previous appearances.
Emmy Lou
Now, I know there are lots of Naruto-Bleach comparisons, but I have found one more way they are similar - the longer they run, the more monotonous they become.
Annie
AWESOME!!!! Bleach is described in one word...EPIC!!!!!!!! I love Shuhei and I love Izuru and I was so thrilled when I read it xD
Nike Linarto
Shuhei Hisagi is so cool ^o^ the boy who had been saved by former 9th division Captain Kensei has grown a lot!
Daniel Williams

Rated it 3 stars for the fact that it progressed slow till the end and didn't leave you wanting more
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 24 Maret 2011.
Sarah Petersen
I hate that it ends with a cliffhanger...I need the next volume!
Steph
Nov 28, 2009 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bleach fans
Recommended to Steph by: Kelsey
Shelves: manga
Great manga, one of my top favorites.
Rachel (Sfogs)
And the battles begin!
Aja
Aja added it
Mar 25, 2015
Dani‹з
Dani‹з marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
  • Naruto, Vol. 48: The Cheering Village (Naruto, #48)
  • ワンピース [Wan Pīsu] 58 (One Piece, #58)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)
Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 14: White Tower Rocks (Bleach #14)