Kitty and Her Sisters

Kitty and Her Sisters

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  13 reviews
At the age of 19, Kitty McCarthy has decided she is going to live a life less ordinary—although she doesn't know quite how to go about it. What she does know is that she doesn't want to get married and raise children in Liverpool like her elder sisters—Claire, who is a mother-hen, easy-going Norah, and elegant Aileen. But Kitty's resolve is tested by the unexpected directi...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Orion Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kitty and Her Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty and Her Sisters

Sonia Gomes
Feb 21, 2009 Sonia Gomes rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No I would not recommend
Recommended to Sonia by: Library
Shelves: messed-up
Kristy Trauzzi
It was cute. A quick and easy read that made me want the story to keep going.
Pauline
As always a nice easy read from this author. This book is a bit more modern than normal.Still very good though.
Cammie
It was a fun Soap Opera read.
Liz Chapman
Maureen Lee's books are very similar but nice relaxing reads. I did think that some of the books would have characters interlacing through the stories but this doesn't seem to be the case. Kitty and her sisters, what a family! I am not sure I even like Kitty that much and some of them seem quite disturbed. I think that if the book had not been set in the 60s and 70 s to begin with , a family story like this set in 2014 would have much more dire consequences . They did get away with an awful lot....more
Julie Day
There were some funny moments in this book and some likable characters, however I thought some of the twists in the storyline in the latter half of the book were a bit far fetched and the ending was disappointing.
Julie
Francisco
Esto de coger cualquier libro que haya por casa para llenar horas de transporte público a veces tiene estas cosas... Novela intrascendente, de "valor humano", con un personaje al que le ocurren más incidentes en su vida que a Papillón... Narración correcta, sin más, con algún momento de interés, en la que lo más interesente puede ser la técnica de foco sobre determinados momentos de la vida de la protagonista. Y nada más, que tampoco está el patio para muchos lujos.
Louise Lacy
I like Maureen Lee as an author, but when you've read several of her books you tend to see a lot of similar plot lines. Kitty and her sisters is slightly more original, but generally nothing new. Still, it's an enjoyable read anyway.
Sharon Reeves
I felt very involved in this story, like I knew the whole family. I thought it was a great story, following all the sisters. Well written, and recommended for any Maureen Lee fan.
Joan Hill
VERY NICELY WRITTEN IDEAL FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE EVERY DAY LIFE STORIES
Winna Lim
pretty unpredictable. the story. anyway, pretty amusing.
Jackie
Jackie is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2014
Halina Vorobiova
Halina Vorobiova marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Marjie
Marjie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Jun 28, 2014
Chrissie Wilson
Chrissie Wilson marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Jun 24, 2014
Mercedes
Mercedes marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Maureen Lee was born in Bootle, England, UK, near Liverpool during the World War II. She attended Commercial College and became a shorthand typist. She married Richard, and they had three sons, now adults. The last years the marriage lives in Colchester, Essex.

During years, she published over one hundred and fifty short-stories, before published her first novel Lila in 1983. She continued publishe...more
More about Maureen Lee...
Dancing in the Dark The September Girls The Leaving of Liverpool Mother of Pearl Lights Out Liverpool