Diana--The Last Word

Diana--The Last Word

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  13 reviews
During the last five years of her life, the "People's Princess" had one friend and confidante who was special to her. She was not part of Diana's social circle; she was not a family friend. That woman was Simone Simmons, a healer, who devoted herself to the troubled Princess. Over countless phone conversations and cups of tea at Kensington Palace, Simone gave her candid op...more
Published June 26th 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1905)

To ask other readers questions about Diana--The Last Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diana--The Last Word

Ilze
Is it the 'last word' on Diana's life?

It couldn't possibly be!

But, since I decided that I wasn't going to support the industry that potentially caused the car accident in which Diana died, this was the only book I'd read about her life/times. At first, it was a definite no-no. Then the bookshop put it on a sale, and since there was clearly no-one who wanted it, it's landed up in my bookshelf!

What clearly comes to the fore is that Diana (for all her weaknesses) was someone with a heart for peopl...more
Rachel Swords
Oh boy, yet another "tell-all" book about the late Diana, Princess of Wales, from one of her numerous friends/associates. This time, it's her former healer, Simone Simmons. Unlike previous books about Diana, however, this book is refreshingly candid and holds very little back. Diana is not painted as a perfect saint, as some have done, but at the same time, she is not portrayed as an unstable wreck, either. Rather, Ms. Simmons's portrait of Diana is that of a woman who both succeeded and failed...more
Barbra
I really enjoyed this book - seemed quite an honest account of the author's friendship with the Princess.

Back Cover Blurb:
During the last five years of her life, Diana and healer Simone Simmons formed a unique bond. Diana opened up her heart - and her mind - to Simone, whom she trusted completely, and Simone helped to shape the remainder of the Princess's tragically short life. In 1997, she said to Simone: 'If anything happens to me, write a book and tell it like it is.'
This is the result. Final...more
Krystal
I'm sure Princess Diana did some good things, but man! Was she a crazy, emotionally stunted, insecure, selfish trainwreck! At least that's how she's portrayed in this book by her best friend. With friends like that, who needs enemies? Makes me wonder what my friends would write about me if I died tragically?!?
April
I have not read this book completely - I started it and had to put it down. I am a Diana fan and after reading the first couple of pages was not a fan of the author. She was Dianas herbalist or colon cleanser or something of that nature. She just stsarts off by emplying the princess was slutty and had numerous affairs, one with JFK Jr. Maybe she did, but at the time I started reading it I just didn't want to hear these things about her and I thought she came across as not being very tasteful wit...more
Thea
In this book, you really get to know who Princess Diana was. She's not perfect--she's had her fair share of challenges in her life. I loved how this book is unapologetic, graphic and holds nothing back. It's told with so much honesty, not with that sugarcoated crap.
If you'd like to get to know the REAL Diana behind closed doors and rising controversies, this is the book.
Brooke
The book was a ok read, but I'm not sold on this book. I don't believe that Diana and Simmons were that close. Simmons leads you to believe that she knew how Diana felt and thought about everything. I'm not buying it.
Helen
No new revelations except thus is the first I read about het having a fling with JFK Jr and I have read alot of books on JFK Jr and don't recall her being mentioned about being involved with him
Jamie
So far I'm not liking this book too much. In the first pages I find out that D. had an affair with John Kennedy jr. I'm not so sure she would be too thrilled with that.
Amy
I thought that the author did her very best to set the record straight for Diana. It was a very interesting read on the girl who became a princess.
Vikki
This book was written by one of Diana's good friends. I don't know if Diana was a dummy or brilliant. I felt like this book was true.
Michelle Hammond
Interesting but a few chapters at a time book rather than an easy read.
Angela Joyce
Touching, candid, and respectful. Perhaps it's even true.
A.lloyd
A.lloyd marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Fraser Smith
Fraser Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Anne Perez
Anne Perez marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Kate H
Kate H added it
May 18, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
May 02, 2014
Karley Herbert
Karley Herbert marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Meganne
Meganne marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
CHERYLE  LITTLE
CHERYLE LITTLE marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Leeny Thomas
Leeny Thomas is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2013
Ramses Francois
Ramses Francois marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013