Start by marking “Aromatherapy: An A to Z, Revised Edition” as Want to Read:
Aromatherapy: An A to Z, Revised Edition

Aromatherapy: An A to Z, Revised Edition

This is the most up-to-date encyclopedia of aromatherapy available today, with over four hundred entries covering more than 200 medical conditions and 82 essential oils. It explains the properties of essential oils and the health conditions that benefit from them. There is also advice on hazardous oils. There are recipes and formulae for baths, creams and tonics. All the e ...more
Published October 4th 2005 by C.W. Daniel Company, Limited (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Aromatherapy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aromatherapy

Sandy Swain
Jul 10, 2013 Sandy Swain rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beauty
I picked up this book because I was looking for some creative uses for some bottles of essential oils I had received as a gift.

Two things bugged me about this book layout wise...

1. The print was teeny tiny and stretched too far into the center spine of the book (I suppose so there could be wide enough margins on the edges for the sketches of plants) The whole thing just hurt my eyes to read.

2. It is supposed to be an "encyclopedia" but there was NO helpful table of contents or index to help me n
Cindi
Dec 13, 2010 Cindi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, nonfiction, 2011
I'm really liking this aromatherapy book in encyclopedia format. There is a lot of good information in this book that was missing out of other books I've skimmed or read (i.e. lavender is most effective when combined with other oils.) The author also talks about the properties of oils and will let you know when not to spend your money on the more expensive oils. I like that.

I have used this book a lot in the one and a half months I have had it checked out of the library. It's a perfect encyclope
Joanne Nock
Dec 26, 2012 Joanne Nock rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that will be picked up regularly. A definitive and comprehensive reference guide to the full range of essential oils and aromatherapy treatments. The book is written in a concise and non-patronising way which makes it easy to devour, as opposed to other reference books which may be delivered in the style of lectures.
Amanda
Dec 17, 2012 Amanda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite what I was looking for, but a very extensive list of different herbs/flowers as well as many ailments that can be eased through the use of aromatherapy. Mostly all about massage though, which is definitely not what I wanted. The search for a good aromatherapy book continues...
The first book i ever illustrated.. this is THE book for aromatherapy practitioners and students. Basic properties of nearly every plant from A to Z. Also gives a index of terms used in aromatherapy. Very good book to have.
Stef
Sep 23, 2012 Stef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my aromatherapy bible. I've had it for years and constantly refer to it. Highly recommended!
Irene O'Neill
Not really what I was looking for. It is basically a list of plants and what they are used for, but not really useful in determining how to use these oils.
Heather
May 07, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to have on hand! Glad I bought this one.
Michelle Ash
Michelle Ash rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2011
Ladyemero
Ladyemero rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2011
Karin
Karin rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
Jovanhanna
Jovanhanna rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2008
Teri Robert
Teri Robert rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Mo Macquarrie
Mo Macquarrie rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
debbie sullenger
debbie sullenger rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Margaret L. Travis
Margaret L. Travis rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Helen Bayford
Helen Bayford rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Evelyn Kerr
Evelyn Kerr rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Lawrence E. Perrine
Lawrence E. Perrine rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Janis Maginness
Janis Maginness rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Paradiseali
Paradiseali rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2008
Suezq
Suezq rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2009
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Broughps
Broughps rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Omar
Omar rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Jc
Jc rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Liveta
Liveta rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Emery Meadows
Emery Meadows rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Amy Elaine
Amy Elaine rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Fragrant Mind: Aromatherapy for Personality, Mind, Mood and Emotion
  • Advanced Aromatherapy: The Science of Essential Oil Therapy
  • The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils
  • Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit: Restoring Emotional and Mental Balance with Essential Oils
  • Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The complete guide to the use of aromatic oils in aromatherapy, herbalism, health and well-being
  • The Essential Oils Book: Creating Personal Blends for Mind & Body
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent
  • The Meditation Bible: The Definitive Guide to Meditations for Every Purpose
  • Essential Aromatherapy: A Pocket Guide to Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • The Natural Soap Book: Making Herbal and Vegetable-Based Soaps
  • Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets
  • 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use
  • Health through God's pharmacy:  Advice and experiences with medicinal herbs: Advice and Experiences with Medicinal Herbs
  • Complete Medicinal Herbal
  • The Bach Flower Remedies (NTC Keats - Health)
  • Hygieia: A Woman's Herbal