Steele for Christmas

Steele for Christmas (Forged of Steele #9)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  512 ratings  ·  41 reviews
After being dumped by her fiance, Stacy Carlson has no illusions about love. That doesn't stop the Phoenix gift shop owner from harboring hot fantasies about her sexier-than-sin landlord. Major player Eli Steele is a heartbreaker in tailor-made designer duds. But who can resist the sensual seducer who's decking the halls--and her heart--with a passion she's never known?Thi...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Steele for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steele for Christmas

Kim
The Steele's are my favorite of BJ's family series, but this storyline did seem a bit recycled with the whole pretend marriage angle. I haven't read the last few BJ books because they all started to look the same, so I'm not all that shocked that this book is along those same lines. The story was ok, could have been better, but I do have to admit that I did like the cat and mouse game Eli played in the beginning. It was cute, and had me smiling throughout the beginning of the book. All in all an...more
Angelia
This was a DECENT read...not a GREAT read but DECENT enough...not sure what it was but something was missing for me...Stacey and Eli had great chemistry but didn't spend enough time getting to know each other or interact with other people during the story......Really LOVE the STEELE'S but this one just didn't do it for me....this is just MHO....My rating would be a 2.5
Shawnette
ENJOYABLE...but as stated by others it's a bit recycled...felt like I read it before in one of the Westmoreland stories...however it's still a cute and SEXY read...love those Steele's...and the chemistry between Eli and Stacey is off-the-charts.
Katie Meckley
Good book, but very predictable. Still, I'll read more by this author
Keysha
Eli was hot!!! Loved it and the rest of the series.
Tia
I was a bit dismayed with this book after reading the first couple of pages/chapters because there were many similarities to many of her other novels. I was feeling that many things had been recycled from past books and there wouldn't be anything fresh between the covers of this book. Boy, was I wrong. While I will admit that there is recycled cliches' that she utilizes in most of her novels, there was a genuine great story here. The relationship between Eli Steele, a strong African American alp...more
Ceej
Whew I love the Steeles!! I truly enjoyed Eli's story. It was cute, short read and left me wishing for more. I think I chuckled through the whole book. Eli is the perfect example of how men are more stubborn than toddlers. Why else would a guy go into a gift shop and buy a pack of gum every day except he's interested in the person in that store. I laughed right along with Galen when he told Eli he was in love and Eli about had an aneurysm.

Stacy was not as spunky a heroine as I'm used to seeing...more
Meandering Tales aka *Coco Michele*
I've apparently read too many Brenda Jackson novels over the years because this one felt like I had read it before except with different character names. Overall this book was so predictable and the dialogue so unconvincing that I found myself sighing more than once. The trite mentions of the womanizing ways of Steeles was overdone and unnecessary as well...it felt as if it were there just to increase the word count, rather than adding anything to the story. The book redeemed itself a bit in the...more
Patriciaw
This may be the hottest Jackson title I've ever read. Is this a chapter without a sex scene? Certainly not beyond the first couple of chapters, but it works. Because Eli and Stacy are hot for each other in that way. They have other obstacles to overcome, but chemistry and desire are certainly not on the list. Still too much backstory in the first couple of chapters. Truly, fans of Ms. Jackson already know the extended Steele/Westmoreland/Madaris history, and new readers, well, the story will be...more
Teresa Scott
Great, quick read. This is the first book I read about the Steeles, so now I am going to get book one.
Priscilla
I am behind in reading the Steele family .. This one did not disappointment me at all. Stacey Carlson had abandoned the idea of the fairy tale marriage. Then she met Eli Steele and she could not take her eyes off of him. Eli was smitten withe Stacey from the moment he saw her. He could not explain why he went into her shop everyday to make purchases that he did not want He just wanted to be close to her. Now Eli must change his playboy ways in order to get what he really wants.

The story was rea...more
Crystal
another great one Mrs. Jackson
Miriam Jackson
Not what I expected. I thought that it was going to be drawn out and then the excitement happens, the end. She gave excitement and drama, and it was good. i read out of order with the steeles, but I am glad I did

I actually would like to read about Jocelyn's sister, Leah and Reese
Marie
Brenda J has this habit of creating a story that pulls you in doesn't let you go until you get to the end. Once again she did not disappoint, I picked up A Steele for Christmas and I could not put it down, Eli and Stacy's journeys was sweet and hot.

Shone
Dec 06, 2011 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: steele-series
The Denver Steele man will make you do a double take when you see them, especially if the man of your dreams has been a Steele man from the ATL. Those handsome Alpha Steele men are all over the place. I am just waiting for one to knock on my front door.
Stilwaterz
When are the Phoenix Steeles going to start listening to their mother and realize that there is ONE woman out there who can break their resolve? Eli thought he was the ultimate player, but the player got played!
Fern
Good read! This was a good story, although a bit predictable I didn't care because it's a Christmas story with a heart-warming ending. I am going to try one of the Steele books, now! She won me over...
Darlene
I listened to this on audio. It took me a couple of chapters to get used to the male narrator speaking in the voice of the female main character. After that I was able to thoroughly enjoy the novel.
Chantavis
Another well written book from Brenda Jackson. I love the Steele's but I really would've loved to "see" the confrontation with the heroine's ex. But over all I really liked this book.
Sheri
This book, was a book to enjoy! And I did, yes it was predictable but still I would read it again. I love how Brenda Jackson adds so much detail. This book had me searching for my MR. Eli!
Dorel
This book's storyline was good. I like how Stacey & Eli proved each other wrong. I like what Stacey told Eli's ex. I was happy for the other Steeles. This was an enjoyable book to read.
Dee's Reading nook
This was a charming book but she took out the anniversary party due to her book needing page shortage. She placed the missing part on her website at www.brendajackson.net.
Phano
Another great book by Brenda Jackson, Eli just couldn't get enough of Stacey Carlson turning a business arrangement into a Christmas full of love and pleasure.
Shelita
I liked it well enough but definitely not my favorite by Ms. Jackson. I am looking forward to Cohen & Dee's story. That should be interesting.
Shantel
This was another great book by Mrs. Jackson. I can't wait to find out what happens between Stacy's brother and her best friend in a future book.
Rhonda
Steamy, erotic, sizzling hot from page to page. I loved it. My first Brenda Jackson novel. Needless to say I will read others.
Chere' Brady
I have been waiting (forever!!!!) for this book. Now to go get it! And once I got into it I was finished way too soon.
Monique
Nothing like a good romance to warm the heart. The Steele men are irresistible. Wonderful afternoon read.
Natasha
Short and sweet romance story. Predictable but I was in the mood for a light and happy read.
Kimberly
A typical romance novel. Not up to the author's usual standards.
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • King's Passion
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Here I Am
  • Heated

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando...more
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)