Start by marking “A Steele for Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Steele for Christmas

A Steele for Christmas (Forged of Steele #9)

After being dumped by her fiance, Stacy Carlson has no illusions about love. That doesn't stop the Phoenix gift shop owner from harboring hot fantasies about her sexier-than-sin landlord. Major player Eli Steele is a heartbreaker in tailor-made designer duds. But who can resist the sensual seducer who's decking the halls--and her heart--with a passion she's never known?
Th
Published October 1st 2011 by Harlequin Kimani Romance (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Steele for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Steele for Christmas

Kim
The Steele's are my favorite of BJ's family series, but this storyline did seem a bit recycled with the whole pretend marriage angle. I haven't read the last few BJ books because they all started to look the same, so I'm not all that shocked that this book is along those same lines. The story was ok, could have been better, but I do have to admit that I did like the cat and mouse game Eli played in the beginning. It was cute, and had me smiling throughout the beginning of the book. All in all an ...more
Angelia
This was a DECENT read...not a GREAT read but DECENT enough...not sure what it was but something was missing for me...Stacey and Eli had great chemistry but didn't spend enough time getting to know each other or interact with other people during the story......Really LOVE the STEELE'S but this one just didn't do it for me....this is just MHO....My rating would be a 2.5
Shawnette
ENJOYABLE...but as stated by others it's a bit recycled...felt like I read it before in one of the Westmoreland stories...however it's still a cute and SEXY read...love those Steele's...and the chemistry between Eli and Stacey is off-the-charts.
Katie Meckley
Good book, but very predictable. Still, I'll read more by this author
Keysha
Jun 08, 2013 Keysha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eli was hot!!! Loved it and the rest of the series.
Laquisha Sauls
Dec 11, 2016 Laquisha Sauls rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of my favorite books of all time it was fun to go back and revisit the characters that I love so much I highly recommend Brenda Jackson books
Tia
Nov 02, 2011 Tia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a bit dismayed with this book after reading the first couple of pages/chapters because there were many similarities to many of her other novels. I was feeling that many things had been recycled from past books and there wouldn't be anything fresh between the covers of this book. Boy, was I wrong. While I will admit that there is recycled cliches' that she utilizes in most of her novels, there was a genuine great story here. The relationship between Eli Steele, a strong African American alp ...more
Ceej
Nov 02, 2011 Ceej rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whew I love the Steeles!! I truly enjoyed Eli's story. It was cute, short read and left me wishing for more. I think I chuckled through the whole book. Eli is the perfect example of how men are more stubborn than toddlers. Why else would a guy go into a gift shop and buy a pack of gum every day except he's interested in the person in that store. I laughed right along with Galen when he told Eli he was in love and Eli about had an aneurysm.

Stacy was not as spunky a heroine as I'm used to seeing
Patriciaw
Oct 25, 2011 Patriciaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This may be the hottest Jackson title I've ever read. Is this a chapter without a sex scene? Certainly not beyond the first couple of chapters, but it works. Because Eli and Stacy are hot for each other in that way. They have other obstacles to overcome, but chemistry and desire are certainly not on the list. Still too much backstory in the first couple of chapters. Truly, fans of Ms. Jackson already know the extended Steele/Westmoreland/Madaris history, and new readers, well, the story will be ...more
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
I've apparently read too many Brenda Jackson novels over the years because this one felt like I had read it before except with different character names. Overall this book was so predictable and the dialogue so unconvincing that I found myself sighing more than once. The trite mentions of the womanizing ways of Steeles was overdone and unnecessary as well...it felt as if it were there just to increase the word count, rather than adding anything to the story. The book redeemed itself a bit in the ...more
Lynetta
Dec 01, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steele good

There are no disappointments in reading a Brenda Jackson book. Each book in a series is complete in itself and a delight to lovers of romance and seduction. Each book focuses on a particular family member while maintaining family ties. Eli Steele is the focus of attention in "A Steele for Christmas". Stacey Carlson is the focus of his attention. Neither one of them want a relationship with emotional entanglements. They learn soon enough that the heart and soul are part of one body and
Priscilla
Nov 25, 2011 Priscilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am behind in reading the Steele family .. This one did not disappointment me at all. Stacey Carlson had abandoned the idea of the fairy tale marriage. Then she met Eli Steele and she could not take her eyes off of him. Eli was smitten withe Stacey from the moment he saw her. He could not explain why he went into her shop everyday to make purchases that he did not want He just wanted to be close to her. Now Eli must change his playboy ways in order to get what he really wants.

The story was rea
Gloria Hyde
Aug 15, 2015 Gloria Hyde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tit for tat

This book started slow, but eventually it took off with passionate speed. What Eli thought couldn't and wouldn't happen to him, unfortunately already had. He had fallen in love with Stacey long before his brother Galen had brought it to is attention. What had started out as pretend, ended up being the REAL thing. 5 stars all the way. Well written Mrs. Jackson..
Shone
Dec 06, 2011 Shone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: steele-series
The Denver Steele man will make you do a double take when you see them, especially if the man of your dreams has been a Steele man from the ATL. Those handsome Alpha Steele men are all over the place. I am just waiting for one to knock on my front door.
Miriam Jackson
Dec 01, 2011 Miriam Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected. I thought that it was going to be drawn out and then the excitement happens, the end. She gave excitement and drama, and it was good. i read out of order with the steeles, but I am glad I did

I actually would like to read about Jocelyn's sister, Leah and Reese
stilwaterz
Jun 18, 2012 stilwaterz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When are the Phoenix Steeles going to start listening to their mother and realize that there is ONE woman out there who can break their resolve? Eli thought he was the ultimate player, but the player got played!
Tamara
As other reviewers have indicated, this was a typical Brenda Jackson novel, but I think what made this different was Eli's willingness to show/prove to Stacey that he really loved her - even when he thought she didn't love him back. It was cute.
Fern
Dec 10, 2012 Fern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read! This was a good story, although a bit predictable I didn't care because it's a Christmas story with a heart-warming ending. I am going to try one of the Steele books, now! She won me over...
Marie
Brenda J has this habit of creating a story that pulls you in doesn't let you go until you get to the end. Once again she did not disappoint, I picked up A Steele for Christmas and I could not put it down, Eli and Stacy's journeys was sweet and hot.

Darlene
Jan 16, 2013 Darlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this on audio. It took me a couple of chapters to get used to the male narrator speaking in the voice of the female main character. After that I was able to thoroughly enjoy the novel.
CLAUDIA DAVIS-PRICE
A Good Read

I enjoy stories that have a story line. The plot was believable and had excitement to it that had me looking for the plot twists and attempting to figure them out
Chantavis
Oct 28, 2011 Chantavis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another well written book from Brenda Jackson. I love the Steele's but I really would've loved to "see" the confrontation with the heroine's ex. But over all I really liked this book.
Rhonda
Nov 01, 2011 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy, erotic, sizzling hot from page to page. I loved it. My first Brenda Jackson novel. Needless to say I will read others.
Dorel
Jun 25, 2013 Dorel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book's storyline was good. I like how Stacey & Eli proved each other wrong. I like what Stacey told Eli's ex. I was happy for the other Steeles. This was an enjoyable book to read.
Shelita
I liked it well enough but definitely not my favorite by Ms. Jackson. I am looking forward to Cohen & Dee's story. That should be interesting.
Dee's Reading Zone
This was a charming book but she took out the anniversary party due to her book needing page shortage. She placed the missing part on her website at www.brendajackson.net.
Arnissa Burnett
Jan 07, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas Steele Style

This book had me on edge from beginning to end. So romantic, sensual, and gripping. Definitely, had my heart racing.
Phano
Dec 09, 2011 Phano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another great book by Brenda Jackson, Eli just couldn't get enough of Stacey Carlson turning a business arrangement into a Christmas full of love and pleasure.
Teresa Scott
Oct 25, 2014 Teresa Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, romance
Great, quick read. This is the first book I read about the Steeles, so now I am going to get book one.
Monique
Nov 01, 2011 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing like a good romance to warm the heart. The Steele men are irresistible. Wonderful afternoon read.
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Here I Am
  • Body Heat
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • Field of Pleasure  (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • Winter Kisses
  • Cross My Heart (Coles Family, #2)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Forged of Steele (10 books)
  • Solid Soul (Steele Series, #1)
  • Night Heat (Steele Series, #2)
  • Beyond Temptation (Steele Series, #3)
  • Risky Pleasures (Steele Series, #4)
  • Irresistible Forces (Forged of Steele, #5)
  • Quade's Babies (The Westmorelands, #14; Forged of Steele, #6)
  • Intimate Seduction (Steele Series, #7)
  • Hidden Pleasures (Steele Series, #8)
  • Private Arrangements (Forged of Steele, #10)