Start by marking “Decadence (Dominion, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Decadence (Dominion, #0.2)

Decadence (Dominion 0.2)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  326 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
For vampire Gabriel “Gabe” Santini, being in love with the only trained male witch in a female dominant society is not an easy thing. Seiran Rou has more issues than just a phobia of commitment. A recent rash of attacks and harassment at school has left him withdrawn and edgy.

Making a cake for his mother was never really about making Tanaka Rou happy, and Seiran wears his
Published August 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Decadence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Decadence

Finding Zach by Rowan SpeedwellZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleA Note in the Margin by Isabelle RowanShades of Gray by Brooke McKinleyBrier's Bargain by Carol Lynne
Best M/M romance involving a "troubled" past.
124th out of 364 books — 267 voters
Catch a Ghost by S.E. JakesMy Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderBound by Law by S.E. JakesForever Is Now by K. Vale
Pierced M/M characters
201st out of 280 books — 58 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
Aug 16, 2012 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories

After one long novella and one free short story written from Sei's point of view, I wholeheartedly welcome Gabe's perspective. It brings me closer to see him as a character -- and I come to love him even more, for his deep love for Sei, for willing to do anything to make Sei happy, and for continuing to hope that Sei will say that he loves Gabe back. Just lovely ...
Heather C
Hot!!

I really loved getting Gabe's POV this time, I just wish I could have learned more about him instead of about Seiran and his mom.

But the sex was soooooo hot!'
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was another great addition to the Dominion world. Not just because it gets deeper into Seiran's problems but because it is told from Gabe's POV which made me feel even closer to him. I loved that he can put a smile on Seiran's face even when Seiran is at his worst with the OCD. It's heartbreaking that Seiran is still trying to get approval from his mother but I'm glad Gabe is there when Seiran needs him the most.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Aug 13, 2011 Jessica `~Blahyze~` rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This was a great little read. The frosting fight was...Hot! As well as the shower scene that followed. I like how this was written in a way where it is easy to imagine what is happening in your head, it's easy to follow and the characters are well done.
L-D
Okay - another really short story that makes me want to read more about Gabe and Sei. They are two very interesting characters. I'm going to buy Inheritance, book #1 in the Dominion series today.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sep 10, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Recommended to JustJen "Miss Conduct" by: Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Shelves: mm, paranormal, vampire, ebook
Very sweet short told from Gabe's point of view. This one delves a little deeper into Seiran's issues, and we see another side to Seiran and Gabe's relationship.
Chris
Nov 07, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Good short m/m paranormal romance about male witch Seiran, who's preparing to bake a cake for his mother's birthday when his sometimes lover stops by.
Dee Wy
Feb 03, 2012 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. Nice chapter length story and I'm getting into these characters.
Adriana
I really like that this short is written from Gabe POV.
Lissa
Apr 19, 2016 Lissa rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it.
Greg
Dec 31, 2014 Greg rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The second short-story prequel to Lissa Kasey’s Dominion series, this time the story is told from the point of view of Gabriel, Seiran Rou’s older (well, ancient, given that he’s a vampire) sexual partner, a couple we are introduced to in Friction. We learn about Gabriel’s deep love and concern for Seiran, who has moved to an off-campus apartment to avoid bullying, as well as Seiran’s OCD tendencies and his need for his mother’s approval.

The sex the two have together in this story is hot, if a
Tam
Sep 10, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
The review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews

This is in essence a teaser for a novella Inheritance which is coming from Dreamspinner Press in October. It is also a little slice which requires you to read the blurb, as much of the back story to the couple is in the blurb, although even then I was left with more questions than answers. Gabe is watching over Sei who has been attacked, beaten and nearly raped while living on campus and has now moved to his own apartment. Although they seem to
Susana
May 07, 2014 Susana rated it liked it
Another short story about Gabe and Sei and their somehow undefined relationship. In this story, Gabe's offer to help Sei prepare a cake for his mum's birthday turns into a really sexy experience for both. I cannot wait to continue discovering this really interesting universe.
Darcus Murray
Oct 18, 2011 Darcus Murray rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, own
I actually liked this novella quite a bit. It was a great quick adult read. Very adult. I recommend that no one under the age of eighteen read it. I would have loved it if Decadence had been a full length novel because I found Sei's character very interesting.

My only complaint is that it was a "vampire" story. I use that term loosely because even though I love vampire fiction, this one didn't really seem vamp-ish. With the exception of vampire tendencies thrown in here and there, the vampire cha
Hill *Romance Newbie*
No one should have to work so hard to seek approval from a parent... True.

...but the only thing I could really do was be there to hold him, no matter what happened. *sigh*
Christy Duke
Again, an excellent teaser that is just really whetting my appetite for the full novella.
Julesmarie
Jun 15, 2014 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
Update June 2014

Re-reading these so I can continue with the series.

How fun to get Gabe's perspective in this one, and therefore learn much more about Sei than he would ever reveal himself.

And what a delightful use for frosting. ;)

Favorite Quotes:
Sometimes his heart was so large, and hanging so loosely on his sleeve that it made me just want to wrap him up in my arms and cuddle him until the sun rose no more.

Someday he'd realize all the times I spent with him were just little bits of love all s
Nina
Unbelievable: Gabe's voice is actually different from Sei's. I am amazed.
This is the first time we hear his voice as a narrator, and I loved it. On the inside, he's just as protective, lustful and loving as he looks from the outside.
I still have a little problem with the writing (My precum leaked between us, like a dam getting ready to burst - you mean your precum is a dam? How does that even work?) but Inheritance is perfect in every aspect IMO, so I think it's just the short stories that are a
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
I love the M/M Romance group novels.Love is always write and the Summer reads are one of my favorite past time reads.Good stuff.
Lala
3.75 stars.
Matthew
Jan 26, 2014 Matthew rated it really liked it
I really liked that this short gives a peak into Gabe's point of view of Sei... and it was a sweet, sexy story.
Becky Condit
Nov 26, 2011 Becky Condit rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars!

I really enjoyed the three short stories that start the Dominion series. Friction (0.1), Decadence (0.2), and Resolute (0.3). They whetted my appetite for the novellas to come in the series. There were a number of typos but when it’s a free story you can’t be too picky. Hopefully the published for pay works have been edited more carefully. I’m eager to see how things turn out for Sei and Gabe.

See my full review of all three short stories at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/?p=405
Jen
Favourite Character: Gabe

This one was okay. I find myself wondering about some of the things that are mentioned... It seems like I'm missing something and that annoys me. I'll give 0.3 a read... I doubt very much the series is worth buying.
Jenny
adult , mature ,gay material.Not one of my favorites I most add.
Kati
Sep 18, 2011 Kati rated it liked it
Sweet. A good teaser for the upcoming longer story. We don't know much about Sei's mother yet and I already feel sorry for him. To be told you were not wanted and you are not good enough by your own parent is wrong.
Michelle
Oct 18, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: free
= I may not read it again but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A extra story about how Seiran makes a cake for his mother with some "extra" fan service.
Don Bradshaw
May 18, 2012 Don Bradshaw rated it really liked it
These short teasers are worth reading before you get into Inheritance because they clear up some questions about Sei's and Gabe's relationship.
Tamela
I liked this short story so much, I've gone and purchase the rest of the series. I LOVE Gabe and have high hopes for him and Sei.
Denise
Nov 06, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Gabe's POV this time - and moving on from just romance to some pretty hot stuff. Me likes. -> *off to read next story*
Adara
Oct 15, 2011 Adara rated it liked it
A nice short story about Gabe and Sei before the events of Inheritance. (There's sex in this one, unlike Friction.)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Pyrogasm
  • Kevin's Stories: Volume 1 (Car Wash, #2)
  • Jailhouse Rock
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • Midnight
  • Night Watch (The Telling, #2)
  • Hey, There's Fur in My Wedding Cake (Lost Shifters #12.5)
  • Winter Winds
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Thaw (PsyCop #1.1)
  • Cupid's Beau
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Luscious Love
  • I Am the Highway
  • Dawn of Darkness (Daeva, #1)
Lissa Kasey is more than just romance. She specializes in depth characters, detailed world building, and twisting plots to keep you clinging to your book reader. All stories have a side of romance, emotionally messed up protagonists and feature LGBTGA spectrum characters facing real world problems no matter how fictional the story.
More about Lissa Kasey...

Dominion (4 books)
  • Inheritance (Dominion #1)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Conviction (Dominion, #3)
  • Ascendance: A Dominion Novel