Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 8: The Secret of the Rosario (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #8)

Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 8: The Secret of the Rosario (Rosario+Vampire: Season II #8)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences T+.

Average human teenager Tsukune accidentally enrolls at a boarding school for monsters--no, not jocks and popular kids, but bona fide werewolves, witches and unnameables out of his wildest nightmares! On the plus side, all the girls have a monster crush on him. On the negative side, all the boys are so jealous they want to ki

Published April 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 4th 2010)

Dante' Slaton
The jorunay through Moka's mind still continued as they searched to find how to fix Moka's rosario seal, but soon Tsukune learns the truth about Moka and the reason why the seal was put on her in the first place. This secret is dark, it's almost impossible to believe.
Leila Anani
Continues where volume 7 left off where Tsukune, Mizore and Tohofuhai are trapped in Moka's head. We learn the secrets of Moka's dual personality, the purpose of the Rosario and what really happened to her mother.

A very plot heavy volume with none of the sexy flirtatios "fluff" of previous volumes although we still get some provocative costumes. Artwork is excellent and Alucard the big bad is like Geiger's 'Alien' but with more tentacles.

Kereesa
I actually had to re-read the whole series, because I had forgotten so much, before I got down to this volume.

AND BOY WAS IT EPIC. AND BRILLIANT. AND BY FAR A FAVORITE.

Don't get me wrong, I <3 R+V, but what's going on is so much better than the tropy (though fun and hilarious) stuff the manga was filled with at the beginning.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS SHOWDOWN. It's going to be wonderful.

ALL OF MY RESPECT.

5/5
James
Rosario+vampire is a good akuma based manga. It has a good art style and a good plot line. The akuma concept is good and very entertaining. Characters are good and interesting. The second season of rosario brings more plot, characters and twist. Very entertaining and darker than the first season.
Dylan Murphy
By far one of my favourites, the authors way of linking the past and present so that it wasn't a complete prequel was awesome.
Learning Moka, Aqua, and Moka's mother's backstories was AMAZING!
It gives you an entire, new appreciation for the lovely, pink-haired Moka!
Azi
i think that this book is the best out of every single one in the manga series so far and i think that Akihisa Ikeda is one of the best manga authors because of all the manga he has made
ReginaLovesTheWantedAndNathanSykes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was the best book of the series so far! I can't wait till the next one in July!!!!!! :D
Abby
Loved it!! Can't wait to read the next one!!!!!
Maja
like the new info on moka.
Catherine
Is Aqua a les or something?
Reeny
Reeny added it
Jul 12, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Dibya
Dibya marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 3
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 12
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 05 (Captive Hearts, #5)
  • My Boyfriend is a Vampire 1
  • Claymore, Vol. 05: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 03 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #3)
Akihisa Ikeda (池田晃久) is a manga artist/manga-ka best known for the manga series Rosario + Vampire (ロザリオとバンパイア Rosario to Vampire). He's been a huge fan of vampires and monsters since he was a little kid. He says one of the perks of being a manga artist is being able to go for walks during the day when everybody else is stuck in the office.
More about Akihisa Ikeda...
Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire, #1) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire, #3) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 2 (Rosario+Vampire, #2) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 4 (Rosario+Vampire, #4) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire, #7)