Start by marking “Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 8: The Secret of the Rosario (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #8)” as Want to Read:

Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 8: The Secret of the Rosario (Rosario+Vampire: Season II #8)

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences T+.

Average human teenager Tsukune accidentally enrolls at a boarding school for monsters--no, not jocks and popular kids, but bona fide werewolves, witches and unnameables out of his wildest nightmares! On the plus side, all the girls have a monster crush on him. On the negative side, all the boys are so jealous they want to ki

Published April 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Rosario+Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosario+Vampire

Brevin
Jul 30, 2016 Brevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this volume we finally get to see the history of Moka and how she actually got the rosary. We get a I depth look into the life of Moka and why she is as strong as she is. Despite the series telling us how strong vampires are in this series we get a look into what makes them so strong and why Moka is one of the stronger ones. We also get a tease for aha maybe Moka's toughest enemy she has ever faced. This being her sister Akua Shuzen who is the oldest daughter in the family and the strongest.

A
Daniel Stephens
Dec 10, 2014 Daniel Stephens rated it really liked it
Wow some shocking stuff in Moka's memories! Did not see the twists coming! Great stuff, plus loved the cute sisters and a blanket mini comic at the end.

(Also, pet peve, but what's with calling a certain powerful Vampire by their name spelt backwards? It happens in books and films, but Manga does it a LOT. I mean, it's not in copyright anymore guys, and it may have been sorta funny the first time, but now it just a reference to a reference!!!)
Kereesa
I actually had to re-read the whole series, because I had forgotten so much, before I got down to this volume.

AND BOY WAS IT EPIC. AND BRILLIANT. AND BY FAR A FAVORITE.

Don't get me wrong, I <3 R+V, but what's going on is so much better than the tropy (though fun and hilarious) stuff the manga was filled with at the beginning.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS SHOWDOWN. It's going to be wonderful.

ALL OF MY RESPECT.

5/5
Leila Anani
Mar 18, 2013 Leila Anani rated it really liked it
Continues where volume 7 left off where Tsukune, Mizore and Tohofuhai are trapped in Moka's head. We learn the secrets of Moka's dual personality, the purpose of the Rosario and what really happened to her mother.

A very plot heavy volume with none of the sexy flirtatios "fluff" of previous volumes although we still get some provocative costumes. Artwork is excellent and Alucard the big bad is like Geiger's 'Alien' but with more tentacles.

Dylan Murphy
Apr 27, 2013 Dylan Murphy rated it it was amazing
By far one of my favourites, the authors way of linking the past and present so that it wasn't a complete prequel was awesome.
Learning Moka, Aqua, and Moka's mother's backstories was AMAZING!
It gives you an entire, new appreciation for the lovely, pink-haired Moka!
Dante' Slaton
Mar 14, 2014 Dante' Slaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spring-2014
The jorunay through Moka's mind still continued as they searched to find how to fix Moka's rosario seal, but soon Tsukune learns the truth about Moka and the reason why the seal was put on her in the first place. This secret is dark, it's almost impossible to believe.
James
Aug 04, 2013 James rated it it was amazing
Rosario+vampire is a good akuma based manga. It has a good art style and a good plot line. The akuma concept is good and very entertaining. Characters are good and interesting. The second season of rosario brings more plot, characters and twist. Very entertaining and darker than the first season.
Azi
Sep 27, 2012 Azi rated it it was amazing
i think that this book is the best out of every single one in the manga series so far and i think that Akihisa Ikeda is one of the best manga authors because of all the manga he has made
Toni Marie
Jul 15, 2016 Toni Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

The action and deep dark secrets are coming out. It is really getting good! I guess there is only five books left.
Cat
Apr 03, 2013 Cat rated it liked it
Is Aqua a les or something?
ReginaLovesTheWantedAndNathanSykes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was the best book of the series so far! I can't wait till the next one in July!!!!!! :D
Maja
Jun 25, 2013 Maja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
like the new info on moka.
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2011
Lindze
Lindze rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
Rachid
Rachid rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2013
Aleatha
Aleatha rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Kate Ling
Kate Ling rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Jacob Christophersen
Jacob Christophersen rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
KKat
KKat rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2016
Jason Mills
Jason Mills rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Ruby Uchiha
Ruby Uchiha rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Maho01
Maho01 rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Alicia Baccam
Alicia Baccam rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Samit Datta
Samit Datta rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2013
Darren
Darren rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Tiffany Patronas
Tiffany Patronas rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 14
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 2 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 2] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #2)
  • Black Cat, Volume 09
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 13
  • My Boyfriend is a Vampire 7
  • Bakuman, Volume 15
  • Fate/stay night, Volume 3
Akihisa Ikeda (池田晃久) is a manga artist/manga-ka best known for the manga series Rosario + Vampire (ロザリオとバンパイア Rosario to Vampire). He's been a huge fan of vampires and monsters since he was a little kid. He says one of the perks of being a manga artist is being able to go for walks during the day when everybody else is stuck in the office.
More about Akihisa Ikeda...

Rosario+Vampire: Season II (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #1)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 2 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #2)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #3)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 4 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #4)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #5)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 6 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #6)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #7)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 9 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #9)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 10 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #10)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 11 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #11)