Start by marking “Sand im Bikini.” as Want to Read:
Sand im Bikini.

Sand im Bikini.

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  623 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Im wirklichen Leben ist Amy Assistentin bei einer Modezeitschrift. In ihren Tagträumen jedoch trifft sie mit einem sagenhaft gutaussehenden Mann in hinreißend romantischer Umgebung geheimnisvolle Verabredungen. Dann lernt sie tatsächlich so einen Mann kennen, den berühmten Filmschauspieler Orlando Rock, und eine märchenhafte Liebe bahnt sich an. Doch Amy entdeckt, dass die ...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 2002 by Wilhelm Heyne Verlag (first published July 6th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Sand im Bikini., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand im Bikini.

Christie
It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book this bad. And when I say bad I mean stinky bad- filled with clunky writing, unrealistic characters, stupid plot. So I’m lying a bit when I count it as a book I’ve actually read- mostly I skimmed.

Amy works for Vogue in London. She’s beautiful and smart and funny and quirky and perfect and fashionable and and and. Orlando Rock is a movie star. He’s gorgeous and perfect and kind and hot and not even remotely stuck on himself.

Amy and Orlando meet on a bea
Rebecca
Fuck, I really need to pick books I am interested in as lately it's been crap city. I am so bad, I am barely reading these books too. I just need to get through this stack that has been sitting around for months and get it back to the library and then I can take it slower next time and read quality over quantity. Anyway, this title sucked and does not represent the book at all. Takes place in the UK and some girl is like obsessed with like becoming a celebrity of some sort, as it seems most peop ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2006 Elizabeth rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who need fantasyland
Shelves: chicklit, fiction, england
Save yourself the trouble. I borrowed this chick-lit book for some Thanksgiving cheer and although it started off with a bang--Vogue editor meets gorgeous movie star "Orlando" and falls in love--it then delved into such ridiculous fantasyland that I was disgusted with myself for picking up the book at all. Of course though, I had to finish it.

The self-absorbed character is cute for about 50 pages and then you start wondering do people like this really exist? Unbelievable. Shame really because t
Meaghan
i liked the story but the way the author has of addressing the reader in the middle of a paragraph about whatever is happening to amy and orlando was really disconcerting and pulled me out of the fantasy that it was a real story and i was involved in it and not something i was just watching unfold.
Laurie
I'm only giving it 2 stars b/c i finished it. I had to b/c I'm reading an a-z list and this my 3rd N author book. I couldn't finish the other two books. This one gets two stars by default.
The characters were shallow, the plot was shallow, and I got lost in the writers point of view. Sometimes it seemed like it was written in 2nd point of view and sometimes 3rd point of view. I often had to re-read something b/c I got lost or actually lost interest and couldn't follow along.
I thought this would
Angel
UGH!! This novel makes me want to stay away from chick lit books from now on. The title should have been Lust: A User's Guide.

Basically, simple Amy meets and falls in love (or lust, since all they do is have sex) with this hot, divorced actor Orlando Rock. The conflict in this story is the green-eyed monster that takes over Amy when she sees a picture of her actor prince charming with his foxy co-star.

The way I see it, Amy just wants to become famous herself; she's practically begging for every
Lourdes
I really didn't like this book very much. The story is written with a lot of British references that were hard to follow. The characters were okay but nothing great. The story was written in the third person which is usually very enlightening, but not in this case. It seemed as if there was someone trying to narrate the story that wanted to be funny, but failed. I skipped so many long written sections that did nothing to add to the story that I probably only read half the book, and still missed ...more
Karschtl
It was hard to me to find into this story. I didn't like the book at the beginning and had to force myself to keep reading. But it got (a bit) better.
I didn't really like the Amy-character and her obsession for good press-coverage. Orlando on the other hand seemed likable, I always pictured Orlando Bloom in his role (I couldn't help it, since this name is not so common).

In the end I asked myself why Clare Naylor chose this title?? It's not a guide at all!!
lori rowe
awful. waste of my time.
Maria
This was a really cute book. It was pretty far fetched but I was entertained. Who doesn't want to work for THE fashion magazine and date the latest movie heartthrob?? It's great for those lazy sunday afternoons.
Seasweetie
I didn't really like this one. I was disappointed, since I liked The Second Assistant so much. I found the characters thin, naive, egotistical, unbelievable (and yes, I know it's fiction), and the plot irritating.
Aerin
I like Clare Naylor, but I want to shake her and ask why she created as unsympathetic and unlikeable a character as Amy. She doesn't deserve Orlando, sorry. A fun, witty book that fails to satisfy.
Kristin
Almost done - cute, light and fluffy.

I just can't give it more than 2 stars as it was so incredibly light - almost non-existant...fit what I wanted in a book at the time though!
Ashley
The heroine is completely TSTL. I couldn't recommend this book if my life depended on it. I actually threw it away, it was that bad.
Julie Ehlers
Dec 27, 2010 Julie Ehlers rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Wow, this was awful. Even now, years later, I'm resentful of the time I spent on this book that I'll never get back.
Vee
lots of twist and turns and it definitely shows how you never can think any experience in life is the last
Nics Zabal
didn't like the the first part of the book. The main character is a self-absorbed fame whore. k, nuff said.
Bridget
I know I read this book and I liked it, but I am unable to come up with why I liked it!
Maria
DIDN'T LIKE WHOM THE MAIN CHARACTER TURNED INTO. COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER.
Holly
Cick-lit. A great beach read.
Meg
Pure chick lit, frothy fun.
Allison J. Tesnar
Allison J. Tesnar marked it as to-read
Cora Volchok
Cora Volchok marked it as to-read
Kg4jbj
Kg4jbj marked it as to-read
Vivelavie
Vivelavie marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Brookel
Brookel marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter
  • Foreign Tongue: A Novel of Life and Love in Paris
  • My Fake Wedding
  • It's Not You, It's Me
The Second Assistant: A Tale from the Bottom of the Hollywood Ladder The First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain Dog Handling Catching Alice The Goddess Rules