Start by marking “Sand im Bikini.” as Want to Read:
Sand im Bikini.

Sand im Bikini.

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  682 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Im wirklichen Leben ist Amy Assistentin bei einer Modezeitschrift. In ihren Tagträumen jedoch trifft sie mit einem sagenhaft gutaussehenden Mann in hinreißend romantischer Umgebung geheimnisvolle Verabredungen. Dann lernt sie tatsächlich so einen Mann kennen, den berühmten Filmschauspieler Orlando Rock, und eine märchenhafte Liebe bahnt sich an. Doch Amy entdeckt, dass die ...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 2002 by Wilhelm Heyne Verlag (first published July 6th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Sand im Bikini., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand im Bikini.

Christie
Feb 02, 2011 Christie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book this bad. And when I say bad I mean stinky bad- filled with clunky writing, unrealistic characters, stupid plot. So I’m lying a bit when I count it as a book I’ve actually read- mostly I skimmed.

Amy works for Vogue in London. She’s beautiful and smart and funny and quirky and perfect and fashionable and and and. Orlando Rock is a movie star. He’s gorgeous and perfect and kind and hot and not even remotely stuck on himself.

Amy and Orlando meet on a bea
Rebecca
Jul 30, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Fuck, I really need to pick books I am interested in as lately it's been crap city. I am so bad, I am barely reading these books too. I just need to get through this stack that has been sitting around for months and get it back to the library and then I can take it slower next time and read quality over quantity. Anyway, this title sucked and does not represent the book at all. Takes place in the UK and some girl is like obsessed with like becoming a celebrity of some sort, as it seems most peop ...more
Megha Mathur
Jan 25, 2016 Megha Mathur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
girl meets famous boy. girl and boy have a whirlwind romance. girl and boy think it will lead to something more. boy finds girl and boy on the frontpage of a newspaper. boy accuses girl. girl gets angry. girl leaves. fame goes to girl's head. boy tricks girl into coming back to him. boy and girl (presumably) live happily ever after...

really predictable, but a fun read...
Kristy Christensen
This is a cute little book that takes only a few hours to read. There is drama, jealousy and sex; but not in a very, graphic manner. There is also glamor, and love. The end was unexpected but, not the final result. A few loose ends were never explained. I believe this book to be aimed more toward teenagers then my age group; which I won't give away.
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2006 Elizabeth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who need fantasyland
Shelves: chicklit, england, fiction
Save yourself the trouble. I borrowed this chick-lit book for some Thanksgiving cheer and although it started off with a bang--Vogue editor meets gorgeous movie star "Orlando" and falls in love--it then delved into such ridiculous fantasyland that I was disgusted with myself for picking up the book at all. Of course though, I had to finish it.

The self-absorbed character is cute for about 50 pages and then you start wondering do people like this really exist? Unbelievable. Shame really because t
Meaghan
i liked the story but the way the author has of addressing the reader in the middle of a paragraph about whatever is happening to amy and orlando was really disconcerting and pulled me out of the fantasy that it was a real story and i was involved in it and not something i was just watching unfold.
Laurie
I'm only giving it 2 stars b/c i finished it. I had to b/c I'm reading an a-z list and this my 3rd N author book. I couldn't finish the other two books. This one gets two stars by default.
The characters were shallow, the plot was shallow, and I got lost in the writers point of view. Sometimes it seemed like it was written in 2nd point of view and sometimes 3rd point of view. I often had to re-read something b/c I got lost or actually lost interest and couldn't follow along.
I thought this would
Angel
Apr 09, 2013 Angel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
UGH!! This novel makes me want to stay away from chick lit books from now on. The title should have been Lust: A User's Guide.

Basically, simple Amy meets and falls in love (or lust, since all they do is have sex) with this hot, divorced actor Orlando Rock. The conflict in this story is the green-eyed monster that takes over Amy when she sees a picture of her actor prince charming with his foxy co-star.

The way I see it, Amy just wants to become famous herself; she's practically begging for every
Lourdes
Jun 11, 2009 Lourdes rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't like this book very much. The story is written with a lot of British references that were hard to follow. The characters were okay but nothing great. The story was written in the third person which is usually very enlightening, but not in this case. It seemed as if there was someone trying to narrate the story that wanted to be funny, but failed. I skipped so many long written sections that did nothing to add to the story that I probably only read half the book, and still missed ...more
Karschtl
It was hard to me to find into this story. I didn't like the book at the beginning and had to force myself to keep reading. But it got (a bit) better.
I didn't really like the Amy-character and her obsession for good press-coverage. Orlando on the other hand seemed likable, I always pictured Orlando Bloom in his role (I couldn't help it, since this name is not so common).

In the end I asked myself why Clare Naylor chose this title?? It's not a guide at all!!
lori rowe
Jan 27, 2014 lori rowe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
awful. waste of my time.
Maria
Apr 15, 2009 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute book. It was pretty far fetched but I was entertained. Who doesn't want to work for THE fashion magazine and date the latest movie heartthrob?? It's great for those lazy sunday afternoons.
Seasweetie
Oct 07, 2009 Seasweetie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't really like this one. I was disappointed, since I liked The Second Assistant so much. I found the characters thin, naive, egotistical, unbelievable (and yes, I know it's fiction), and the plot irritating.
Aerin
Jun 27, 2010 Aerin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
I like Clare Naylor, but I want to shake her and ask why she created as unsympathetic and unlikeable a character as Amy. She doesn't deserve Orlando, sorry. A fun, witty book that fails to satisfy.
Kristin
Jul 18, 2009 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
Almost done - cute, light and fluffy.

I just can't give it more than 2 stars as it was so incredibly light - almost non-existant...fit what I wanted in a book at the time though!
Ashley
Apr 20, 2009 Ashley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine is completely TSTL. I couldn't recommend this book if my life depended on it. I actually threw it away, it was that bad.
Julie Ehlers
Dec 27, 2010 Julie Ehlers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Wow, this was awful. Even now, years later, I'm resentful of the time I spent on this book that I'll never get back.
Vee
Sep 29, 2013 Vee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
lots of twist and turns and it definitely shows how you never can think any experience in life is the last
Nics Zabal
didn't like the the first part of the book. The main character is a self-absorbed fame whore. k, nuff said.
Bridget
I know I read this book and I liked it, but I am unable to come up with why I liked it!
Maria
DIDN'T LIKE WHOM THE MAIN CHARACTER TURNED INTO. COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER.
Holly
Feb 07, 2009 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cick-lit. A great beach read.
Meg
Aug 26, 2007 Meg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Pure chick lit, frothy fun.
Eli
Oct 18, 2011 Eli rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
0 stars
Lisa Kelly
Lisa Kelly marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Michelle Frasier
Michelle Frasier rated it liked it
Ahishia Nehemia
Ahishia Nehemia rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sadie Newell
Sadie Newell marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016