Start by marking “Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1)

Mystery Man (Dream Man #1)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  37,783 ratings  ·  2,705 reviews
While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him.

But she doesn’t even know his name.

Gwe
Published July 12th 2011 (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mystery Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery Man

Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen AshleyThe Gamble by Kristen AshleyLady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Best Kristen Ashley Books
3rd out of 44 books — 1,568 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Controlling/Sexy/Possessive Men
8th out of 1,669 books — 4,055 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacia (the 2010 club)
This will be yet another review where I will show off my fine skills of prioritizing. Forget the hero, the heroine, or the story. We have other stuff to take care of first.

Character description taken from the book itself :

I didn't expect to see tall, broad, inked-to-the-max, long blond-haired Dog standing at the other side of the counter.

HOLD THE PHONE. No one bothered to tell me that Dog the Bounty Hunter was making an appearance in this book.

Then...just when I thought it couldn't get any more
Aestas Book Blog
HOLY ALPHA MALES!!!!!!! Yowza!!!! *fans self*

I'm surprised this book didn't self-combust from the degree of utterly squee/drool/swoon-worthy, bossy, possessive, unapologetic, sweet, tender, badass, HOT UBER ALPHA males in it!! I mean WOW! This book is pure over-the-top deliciousness!

This book has it all: to-die-for hero, a sassy, smartass heroine, lots of action, hot hot sex, secret lairs, badass commandos, badass bikers, badass cops, drive-by's, cosmo parties, family time, romance, a few mi
UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva
Just $0.99 today for Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A...

Mystery Man is the first book in the Dream Man series and while it has Kristen Ashley written all over it - no pun intended, it’s a little more romantic suspense than the Colorado Mountain series.

Cabe “Hawk” Delgado is another hot, over the top, super alpha hero and I love, love, LOVE him! Gwendolyn Kidd is a great heroine; Smart, savvy, independent, and takes no crap from anyone. Though I love how, being wooed by three alpha
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
-1.000 Stars

When I decided to read this book I thought I was in for something, at the very least, interesting if not mind-blowing, since most of my friends seemed to love it. What I got was a messed up relationship, a shallow(and idiotic) heroine and a hero who... a hero... um, I really don't know what to say about the hero.

Reasons why the heroine was an impecile who should have died long ago:

1) She was having sex with a guy whose name she didn't even know. Not once or twice, but every week for
Taryn at My Secret Romance
Sadly, this book was a DNF for me. I got half way through and had to stop. I really wanted to like this one since it has the kind of hero I love: a mean, over the top alpha jerk.

The story of how Hawk and Gwen met is not what bothered me. It's what occurred after that sent me over the edge. It was absolutely ridiculous and I just could not get past it.

Gwen has a one night stand with a man, who is presumably to be Hawk...but she's not quite sure and to be honest, neither am I. After that one nig
Mimi Smith

Dear Gwen

No, I'm not a stalker. Why would you think that? I just wanted to talk to you about all that's happened in the last couple of weeks. Since you're not available (aka won't meet me), I'll just lay it all here.

First of all I'm really sorry about Ginger. She has always been trouble, but I never thought it would come to this. Gangs, cops, FBI. I'm also very sorry you got caught up in it. But, really you could always see there's something wrong with that one...

“Ginger. A pain in my a
Christy
5 Cabe “Hawk” Delgado Stars!!!

Photobucket
I LOVE HAWK! Just going to put that out there before I review this book! How can you not??? What a yummy alpha male! Okay okay now to the book...

A year and a half. Thats how long Gwendolyn Kidd has been sleeping with MM, her Mystery Man. A year and a half ago she heard these words at the bar...
“You comin’ or what?”
She took MM home with her that night, and now he makes regular weekly visits. Sneaks in at night, then disappears.
Gwen is having some issues with
Splage
Update 9/10/13
Fabulous!! I have become a big audiobook person lately because real life is crazy and I desperately need my romance fixes!! This audiobook and narrator were spectacular, her voice totally nailed all the crazy personalities...it was SO MUCH FUN!! The story already is one of my favorites, then add the voice of the narrator and it makes the colorful characters and story even more enjoyable.

5+++ STARS -- A non-stop, wild ride! Mystery Man was the land of BADASSES and the testosterone w
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 to 3 1/2 stars

The three star rating is completely due to Gwen's annoying and slutty character. Not even Hawk, the swoonalishous hero, could fully save this book for me.

I really tried to love this book but the heroine just rubbed me wrong. Really, really wrong! I understand why Hawk (swoon) was enamored by her, he's the hero after all; but I'm still trying to figure out why Mitch and Tack were so smitten with her. I just don't get it! Of all Kristen Ashley heroines I've read, Gwen had the lea
Shawna
Feb 21, 2012 Shawna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense & hot alpha heroes
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies...

Now pack your bags up!

Considering there’s not one but four yummy heroes introduced in this first book in the Dream Man series that’s set in Denver, Colorado (all of whom get their own book...YAY!), not to mention the smokin’ hot, badass alpha heroes from Ashley’s Colorado Mountain series, and it definitely wouldn’t be surprising if all the single ladies sudde
Jennifer Kyle
PACKING MY BAGS AND MOVING TO DENVER...YOU GET ME?

Once there, I'm finding an abandon warehouse tying myself up and waiting for Hawk Delgado to come rescue me. A girl can dream right?

description

Gwendolyn Piper Kidd is a self-employed freelance editor whose marriage fell apart. She is out on the town having cosmos with her girls when she spots super hawt “Mystery Man”. When he gets up and leaves she fears that she didn’t catch his eye. He then stops by her stool on his way out and says:

"You comin' or what?"
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
UPDATE: Rating edited September 21, 2013. From 5 stars downgraded to 4 stars.

*********************************************************

Cabe (Hawk) Delgado said:
"Don't have that chance so nothin' I can do about that. But I darkened your door, baby, and you lit up my life again, so I'm not lettin' that go."

5 stars.

Wow! Mystery Man is another great story and hilariously penned by Kristen Ashley! Kristen swept me right off my feet and directed me straight to reader's heaven. She does it all the time!
Lisa
So begins a new series with yet more hot alpha-males to swoon over and dream about. Sheez! I thought KA outdid herself with the hotties portrayed in the Rock Chick series. I. Was. So. Wrong. Oh yah!!!

It goes without saying, but, yes... I’m going to say it... I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was simply fan-freaking-tastic! If you are debating whether you should jump on this bandwagon and give this book a whirl, here are my reasons why you should definitely read this book now:

1. Cabe “Hawk” Degaldo. He is
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 cookie dough solves every problem STARS

“You’re livin’ in Badass World, baby,” he whispered in my ear. “Fair warning, until I fix what I cut in you, you’re there to stay.”

WHAT A HOT MESS!

There was so much going on, ups and downs and people getting kidnapped and shot at and so many characters. I just LOLed all the time.

If you follow my review you might know that I started my Kristen Ashley experience with the Unfinished Hero series and those books are essentially a two people character st
Jill
Oct 08, 2014 Jill rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jill by: Nikki

Gwendolyn Kidd and Cabe "Hawk" Delgado.

Ordinarily Kristen Ashley's books would not be the type of romances I'd read. Let alone enjoy. Gwen is an annoying heroine at times with really slutty behaviour. She sleeps with the hero for eighteen months and doesn't know his name. Then drools over not one but two other guys. The hero is a bit of a controlling alpha. The plot is OTT and pretty unbelievable. And I am seriously beginning to think that all Kristen Ashley's heroes went to the same sc
Gabriella *is awesome*
meet the boys....

ADMIRER #1 :

NAME: Mitch Lawson.
OCCUPATION: Detective Mitch Lawson ;)

"Mitch"...i whispered.
"what a perfect name ,soft and strong, things a cop need to be... Mitch."
He stared at me."is it ?", he asked.
"perfect".
He stared at me some more.

DESCRIPTION With the perfect cop name that starts with 3 silent constables and ends with 'Lawson' as in 'son of the law.' Mitch is the hot-ass,soft spoken smoldering detective put on the case to bring down Gwendoline's little sister-from-hell '
Karla

5 Stars!! Mystery Man is a mystery no more and he is definitely a superhero!!

I’m at a loss for words, other than Kristen Ashley blew me away AGAIN! Just when you think to yourself that she can’t out-do the possessive male jerk from the last book you read…WRONG…let me introduce you to Cabe “Hawk” Delgado. Even his name makes me swoon! Gwen is the object of his fascination and he was the object of mine. She is the consummate fashion plate, funny and as enamored with Cabe as he is with her. These
Wendy
Mystery Man is fantastic. It's "laugh out loud" funny, at times quirky and full of hot alpha males, that'll have your "toes curling". Top that off with a wonderful heroine, who has fabulous taste in shoes! What more can you ask for?

Cabe "Hawke" Delgado.

Photobucket

Kristen Ashley you've done it AGAIN. Loved it!
Lisa Jayne
4.5 ALPHA-TASTIC STARS.

Kristen Ashley is an 'Alpha male' writing goddess. I for one think this author deserves a Good Reads prize for handing out these Alpha goodie treats for the world to share!

I found myself in a bit of a book slump, and was kindly advised to get my reading bottom into gear and start the 'Dream man' series. So I decided to start a Kristen Ashley book binge, and OH yes what a book to start with, dream man I got. I loved this book ~

EVERY.SINGLE.ALPHA.LOVING. CHAPTER.

(so, thank
Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was my first KA <3 And a beginning of a beautiful friendship (addiction XD)

The story is an unusual one :) Gwen has a man that she only sees at night, they don't talk, she doesn't even know his name, but what she does know is that he's good in bed XD One day everything changes, her sister gets into a lot of trouble, and that forces Hawk to "come out". And when he does, Gwen decides to end things with him cause he esentially acts like a total jerk XD In the meantime, she meets Tack *drooli
Zeek
I tried to stick it out because so many adore the series- but between the god awful dialog, "umm... Yeah". "ummmm". Umm" , and the wince worthy 1st person narrative, "then i walked in the front door. Then i walked to the kitchen. Then i pulled out a chair. Then i sat down.".

And to say nothing of the fact the main character is an obvious Mary Sue for the author. And last but certainly not least, I can usually handle the uber-alpha hero, love me some Barrons who alot of people can't handle, but t
MELISSA
(5 I'm Gwen's Man Stars!)
(BR with Elizabeth, Patty, Tiffany, Angie, Lynn, Idelle & Julie)

photo d4e3ac65-8975-45a7-9155-f62bd482b0b0.jpg

photo e979e011-b111-435f-bdf9-59b17b24c165.jpg

Gwendolyn Kidd aka Gwen/Sweet Pea is a freelance editor living in the outskirts of Denver. She lives a fairly normal life with the exception of the unique relationship she has with a man she met at a restaurant a year and a half ago. She met this mouthwatering, delicious man one night, thought they were going to just have a one night stand, but to her surprise he has continued to occasionally return to
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
5 STAR READ
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense-Adult
Series: Book 1 in Dream Man series

"Sweet Pea, what do you think i do for a living?"- Hawk
" You fly on your Super sonic Jet to hot, humid, tropical, war torn nations, execute your duties as a soilder for hire which means doing things like blowing up bridges and beating infidels into submission."- Gwen in
Mystery Man

I put all other books on pause to read this just to see what all the hype was about and i was not left
KatLynne
Another absorbing, fantastic read with a perfect epilogue!

Caleb "Hawk" Delgado will not disappoint in the alpha male hero department. Dreamy from top to bottom, smokin' hot sexy, another kick-ass "don't mess with my woman" my kinda man! Protective, bossy, jealous and totally hot!

Gwendolyn Piper Kidd was perfect for Hawk and I liked most things about her (and she had me on her Jimmy Choo shoes!)

This book is filled to the brim with KAs hotties! Many have their own books from the Rock Chick Series
Searock
Highest recommendation!

This book was wonderful.

Kristen Ashley is a goddess! *moment of silence*.

A lighthearted, funny romp with enough drama to take you to that deeper level we crave in romance. Ashley writes great characters: A fab hero in Hawk, a wonderful heroine in Gwen (He calls her Sweet Pea *sigh*). Sexy in all the right places *right places, snicker* and a bitchin' story as the backdrop.

Everything I love and nothing I hate (how rare is that?!)!

Read this when you want to "daydream" like
Anna
Officially in KA alpha heaven. Still on a binge read : review to come. And I assure you my Hawk review is going to be lickalicious. He made my heart soar ❤️

Glass
I caught KA bug! This is not my first Kristen Ashley book, I read Chaos books and I enjoyed them very much, two years ago I gave up on Rock Chick because I couldn't get into it. Now I'm on one of her "classical" reads - Dream Man series and, boy, it is so easy to get addicted to her alpha men.

The story. First of all, this is one long book. I forgot how it is to read one of those. I started to avoid everything that has over 300 pages - they are repetitive, full of too much descriptions and with
Lady Heather

March 1, 2012

I really don't think Ms. Ashley can write a 'bad' book!
This was fricken Amazing!
Love Hawk & Gwen, and her messed up sister, and the biker dudes, the 'Hot' cops, and all the Commando type guys
..... and where in the world do you find guys that talk all Neanderthal and answer 'Babe' like that's the obvious answer, but it still comes across as Alpha and Sexy as hell?

March 5, 2013

re-read
The last couple of days I have been re-introduced to Kristen Ashley's mysterious and fantastic
Saly
Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️❤️ Archer Hale
5 I'M OFFICIALLY A KA FAN STARS!!!!!
(BR with Elizabeth, Melissa, Tiffany, Angie, Lynn, Idelle, & Julie)

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

photo image_zpscb3470df.jpg

This was my first KA book and BOY IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT!
I kept seeing all over Good Reads all the rave reviews on so many of her books and more than a few of my friends told me to get on the KA band wagon and quick.

Well "Mystery Man" was definitely the PERFECT choice for my first endeavor into KA.

photo image_zps5156443f.jpg

Gwendolyn Kidd has been having a hot affair with SEXY and ALL ALPHA MALE, Cab
The Lost Challenges: Mystery Man-August Series Read 92 24 Aug 12, 2014 04:16AM
Mystery Man review 5 48 Jun 15, 2014 04:54AM
Alpa Males 14 195 Jun 06, 2014 11:58AM
Turning Pages At ...: Review of Mystery Man by Kristen Ashely 12 21 Feb 17, 2014 11:52PM
Mystery Man BR 159 179 Feb 10, 2014 04:10PM
Gayle? 9 153 Feb 04, 2014 04:15PM
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Star Crossed (Battered Hearts, #2)
  • Liberating Lacey
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • After Hours
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley...
Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) Own the Wind (Chaos, #1)

“Are you here to freak me out in any other way?"
"Nope."
"This would include asking me for a date," I warned.
"Babe, don't date," he replied.
"You don't?"
"Do tequila shots followed by 5 hours of sex count as a date? he asked.
"Um... no," I answered.
"Then I don't date."
I smiled at him.
Then, stupidly, I asked. "You can have sex for 5 hours?"
He smiled at me.
Yikes.
Moving on.”
307 likes
“You're in deep with me, aren't you, baby?"
I whispered my question just to confirm.
"Drowning." he whispered back.”
299 likes