Start by marking “Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles, #3)

Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles #3)

In the third installment of The Black Knight Chronicles, vampire private investigators Jimmy Black and Greg Knightwood find another vampire (or more) playing in their sandbox, and the boys are NOT happy about it.

While tracking down the killer of a young college student, they encounter boobytraps, defenestration, coeds, a hirsute bounty hunter with a moon fetish and a bad a
Published August 5th 2011 by John Hartness

To ask other readers questions about Knight Moves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight Moves

Carol.
Jun 12, 2015 Carol. rated it liked it
Recommends it for: UF readers who want lite-fun-silly
From blog central at: https://clsiewert.wordpress.com/2015/...

Well, got that fix out of the way. I'm about full-up on my need for humorous urban fantasy, so I can finally slip into something different. On deck and dragging is finishing The Severed Streets (and why on earth that fool author introduced Neil Gaiman is beyond me), (re)reading Katwalk, which should count as an initial read since I first read it about twenty years ago, re-reading Quantum Thief and hopefully, immersing myself in The Tr
Tracie Ann Riley Lester
Aug 30, 2016 Tracie Ann Riley Lester rated it it was amazing
If you like supernatural reading and vampires, you will love this series.
Anne
Jul 21, 2017 Anne rated it liked it
I give this a like rating as a novella which is what I'm considering it, but as a novel it would just be ok. While the writing flowed well and nothing irritated me, the story was quite simple and too short. I'm also as incredulous as jimmy about one new thing he learned. Really? How could he really not know about it? Something major is happening to one of Jimmy's closest friends and it's basically dropped. Something momentous happens to Greg and we're not included in what happens. All of that co ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jun 28, 2013 Fangs for the Fantasy rated it really liked it
James and Greg are called for a rather worrying murder – a body drained of blood and ready to wake up again as a vampire. Yes, they’re not the only vampires in town any more.

Far from it, they suddenly find themselves surrounded by vampires – a whole pack of bloodsuckers who have passed under their radar. Or, perhaps more accurately, James and Greg have passed under their radar.

They’ve been noticed now – and not only do they have a baby vampire to look after, but James’s creator is in town. Throw
Katy
Oct 20, 2011 Katy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy, the series
Recommended to Katy by: LibraryThing
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: adult
Recommended for: Fans of urban fantasy
Trigger Warnings: violence, killing

My Thoughts: This third book in the Black Knight Chronicles is a darker book than the previous ones. Jimmy and Greg discover they are not, in fact, the only vampires in town, and they meet a werewolf, which makes Greg very excited. The characters are developed quite a bit more in this book, although the action is still very fast and furious.

In an almost comedic continuity e
Kelley
Nov 17, 2011 Kelley rated it really liked it
Two buddies live together as roommates, drink beer, play video games and reading comic books. Doesn’t seem like a good book does it? How about if those buddies are also vampires, one dresses in a superhero costume and they fight crime in their spare time? Puts a little twist on the story and sounds like a much better story.

And believe me, it is a MUCH better story. I thought that the plot of the book was fantastic, the characters well developed and the writing intelligent and witty but very easy
Scott
Aug 08, 2011 Scott rated it really liked it
Knight Moves by John Hartness is the third full length book in the Black Knight Chronicles. This book brings the the core characters Jimmy, Greg, Sabrina, and Mike back for another crazy adventure. This time Jimmy and Greg are called to the scene of a corpse completely drained of blood that has been posed at a construction site. A body with absolutely no blood can only mean one thing, there is another vampire on their turf.

This book shows Jimmy and Greg once again that they still have no idea w
Nicole Roberts
Feb 15, 2012 Nicole Roberts rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I wish I had known that there were other books set before this one, before reading it but it was not very hard to follow. It follows a “nerdy ” vampire and his friends. The thought of nerdy vampires was enough to make me laugh and all of their antics along the way made this book one of the most enjoyable I’ve read in a long time. Plus it has one of the best fight scenes I have every read, the very original ending to that fight made this entire book elevate in my opini ...more
Jenette
Jun 10, 2012 Jenette rated it liked it
Shelves: books-with-bite

The introduction of a whole new vampire underground living in Charlotte was long overdue but a little difficult to swallow. I find it hard to believe that in fifteen years they never came across another vampire but managed to get into it with just about everything else out there. That didn't stop me from enjoying it however and I especially liked the introduction of Abby, hopefully she'll help Jimmy get Greg to stop wearing spandex and will offer us someone else to watch grow and development. I
Sara
Sep 24, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I enjoy this series. Its quick and friendly read. And in this one, Hartness seems to have found a more solid writing style.
The narrator and his best friend are vampires who make a living as detectives. There is a touch of fairie, demon, trolls, etc.
The characters are nerds who were turned at the age of 23. One of them was an overweight uber-geek, who is now stuck in a fat body, but insists on wearing spandex and pretending he is a superhero.
Its kept light and enjoyable.
The is nothing too des
Kathy
Apr 16, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
When a girl is found drained to death by vampires Detective Sabrina Law draws the obvious conclusion that the only vampires she knows in town did the deed. However, she's wrong and the boys are about to find out Charlotte is not quite as vampire-free as they thought. I thought this book was enjoyable, though not quite as funny as the previous books in the series, but it does represent a definite turning point for the boys story. I'm still looking forward to the next book and reading all the shor ...more
Candice Carpenter
Jun 24, 2015 Candice Carpenter rated it it was amazing
The Black Knight Chronicles are full of all the thrills, chills, laughs and feels you could be looking for. Written with brilliant wit and pacing, you will find yourself happily tagging along as part of Black Knight Investigations, saving the fair city of Charlotte and most definitely throwing back a few beers (or other beverage of choice).

I reviewed all 5 books in one post.

Check it out at http://wegeekgirls.com/2015/11/09/boo...
Jordan
Jan 20, 2014 Jordan rated it really liked it
Matt McKee
Jul 31, 2016 Matt McKee rated it it was amazing
A little darker, with bite!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Buuuuuut, it's true. I think our hero and the story was one of the darkest so far in the series.

However, it still has the puns and the funnies. Plus, some new characters that I look forward to learning more about.
Donna
Jan 10, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Third of Harness's amusing urban fantasy. Like all series, the stories vary in quality... but the characters are compelling and the humor sometimes surprises. The developing story concerns two vampires (who adamantly detest the notion that they should sparkle ;D ) has been great. Fun read!
Debra
Jun 13, 2015 Debra rated it liked it
The series is getting better and better - in fact I just bought book #4 and pre-ordered book #5. There are still a few 'campy' quotes, but overall a pretty good original story.

Best quote in the book may be "Life sucks, wear a helmet."
Glen
Sep 24, 2015 Glen rated it liked it
I've got some issues with the world building in this series, and it does sometimes feel like the author is just taking the low-hanging fruit of popular vampire fiction and rolling with it, but otherwise it's enjoyable pulp reading.
Jack
Aug 10, 2013 Jack added it
False
Janine Spendlove
Jun 09, 2012 Janine Spendlove rated it really liked it
Another fun book by John G. Hartness! Fast paced, great story, and FINALLY some payoff between two if the lead characters, :)

I only hate that I have to wait until next year for the next one!
Ken
Jun 03, 2013 Ken rated it really liked it
Lots of fun to be had here. I really enjoyed it.
Pat Michaels
Jun 18, 2014 Pat Michaels rated it really liked it
Greg and Jimmy are introduced to the other vampires in the greater Charlotte area. Things don't go so well. We are introduced to Jimmy's fang mom. A new member of the gang is introduced.
Jay S
Feb 02, 2016 Jay S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better (in my opinion) than the previous book
Kristin
Aug 06, 2011 Kristin rated it really liked it
Review coming soon...
Michael Leffel
Mar 28, 2013 Michael Leffel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Hey there back. hell of trouble follows,

At this point you know the characters, if you liked the first two book you'll love this one!
Lisa
Jul 09, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very good. Once i had time to finish it i couldn't put it down. I defiantly wish John G. Hartness would have made more books in this series. Good series for anyone to read
Abigail
Aug 22, 2011 Abigail rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the series! Fun, campy and with enough nerd-dom to make apologies for all the sparkly vampire induced comas in the genre! Hats off John!
Eric Jackson
Oct 19, 2013 Eric Jackson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
The Knight series is just plain fun. The book stretches no boundaries, but I've always chosen comfort food over hauteur cuisine. Read the series. You can thank me later.
Patrick
Oct 04, 2013 Patrick rated it it was amazing
Great book. Funny and full of action. I've finished my re-read to be ready for Book 4 that comes out next Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to see where the series goes.
Lori S.
Jan 24, 2014 Lori S. rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series. On to the next book!
April Schilling
May 30, 2016 April Schilling rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series!

We are really enjoying this series! The characters are great and its cool to see how they ate developing. Can't wait to read the next one!
  • The Skinwalker Conspiracies (Dead Eye #2)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Dark War (Matt Richter #3)
  • The Mourning Woods (The Tome of Bill, #3)
  • Pantheon of the Dead (The Hidden Academy #3)
  • Dead Mann Running (Hessius Mann, #2)
  • The Demon of Renaissance Drive
  • Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)
  • Animal Instinct (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #2)
  • Hell Cop 2
  • Fallen Stars (Demon Accords, #5)
  • Alone (Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose, #1)
John Hartness is a recovering theatre geek and award-winning poet from Charlotte, NC. He is the author of The Black Knight Chronicles urban fantasy series, featuring snarky, non-sparkly vampires with bad attitudes and comic book collections to rival Stan Lee's!

A graduate of Winthrop University, John has spent twenty years in some form of theatre, from performing and directing to designing and prod
More about John G. Hartness...

Black Knight Chronicles (6 books)
  • Hard Day's Knight (Black Knight Chronicles, #1)
  • Back In Black (Black Knight Chronicles, #2)
  • Paint it Black (Black Knight Chronicles #4)
  • Gone Daddy Gone - A Black Knight Short Story
  • In the Still of the Night (Black Knight Chronicles #5)

“This isn't Dungeon & Dragons, dude. Just because I'm wearing black doesn't mean I have the Find & Remive Traps skill.” 1 likes