Start by marking “Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles, #3)

Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles #3)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  355 ratings  ·  24 reviews
In the third installment of The Black Knight Chronicles, vampire private investigators Jimmy Black and Greg Knightwood find another vampire (or more) playing in their sandbox, and the boys are NOT happy about it.

While tracking down the killer of a young college student, they encounter boobytraps, defenestration, coeds, a hirsute bounty hunter with a moon fetish and a bad a
Published August 5th 2011 by John Hartness

To ask other readers questions about Knight Moves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight Moves

Fangs for the Fantasy
James and Greg are called for a rather worrying murder – a body drained of blood and ready to wake up again as a vampire. Yes, they’re not the only vampires in town any more.

Far from it, they suddenly find themselves surrounded by vampires – a whole pack of bloodsuckers who have passed under their radar. Or, perhaps more accurately, James and Greg have passed under their radar.

They’ve been noticed now – and not only do they have a baby vampire to look after, but James’s creator is in town. Throw
Katy
Jun 23, 2013 Katy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy, the series
Recommended to Katy by: LibraryThing
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: adult
Recommended for: Fans of urban fantasy
Trigger Warnings: violence, killing

My Thoughts: This third book in the Black Knight Chronicles is a darker book than the previous ones. Jimmy and Greg discover they are not, in fact, the only vampires in town, and they meet a werewolf, which makes Greg very excited. The characters are developed quite a bit more in this book, although the action is still very fast and furious.

In an almost comedic continuity e
Kelley
Two buddies live together as roommates, drink beer, play video games and reading comic books. Doesn’t seem like a good book does it? How about if those buddies are also vampires, one dresses in a superhero costume and they fight crime in their spare time? Puts a little twist on the story and sounds like a much better story.

And believe me, it is a MUCH better story. I thought that the plot of the book was fantastic, the characters well developed and the writing intelligent and witty but very easy
Scott
Knight Moves by John Hartness is the third full length book in the Black Knight Chronicles. This book brings the the core characters Jimmy, Greg, Sabrina, and Mike back for another crazy adventure. This time Jimmy and Greg are called to the scene of a corpse completely drained of blood that has been posed at a construction site. A body with absolutely no blood can only mean one thing, there is another vampire on their turf.

This book shows Jimmy and Greg once again that they still have no idea w
Nicole Roberts
I really enjoyed this book. I wish I had known that there were other books set before this one, before reading it but it was not very hard to follow. It follows a “nerdy ” vampire and his friends. The thought of nerdy vampires was enough to make me laugh and all of their antics along the way made this book one of the most enjoyable I’ve read in a long time. Plus it has one of the best fight scenes I have every read, the very original ending to that fight made this entire book elevate in my opini ...more
Jordan
Jenette

The introduction of a whole new vampire underground living in Charlotte was long overdue but a little difficult to swallow. I find it hard to believe that in fifteen years they never came across another vampire but managed to get into it with just about everything else out there. That didn't stop me from enjoying it however and I especially liked the introduction of Abby, hopefully she'll help Jimmy get Greg to stop wearing spandex and will offer us someone else to watch grow and development. I
Pat Michaels
Greg and Jimmy are introduced to the other vampires in the greater Charlotte area. Things don't go so well. We are introduced to Jimmy's fang mom. A new member of the gang is introduced.
Sara
I enjoy this series. Its quick and friendly read. And in this one, Hartness seems to have found a more solid writing style.
The narrator and his best friend are vampires who make a living as detectives. There is a touch of fairie, demon, trolls, etc.
The characters are nerds who were turned at the age of 23. One of them was an overweight uber-geek, who is now stuck in a fat body, but insists on wearing spandex and pretending he is a superhero.
Its kept light and enjoyable.
The is nothing too des
Kathy
When a girl is found drained to death by vampires Detective Sabrina Law draws the obvious conclusion that the only vampires she knows in town did the deed. However, she's wrong and the boys are about to find out Charlotte is not quite as vampire-free as they thought. I thought this book was enjoyable, though not quite as funny as the previous books in the series, but it does represent a definite turning point for the boys story. I'm still looking forward to the next book and reading all the shor ...more
Lori S.
I'm really enjoying this series. On to the next book!
Donna
Third of Harness's amusing urban fantasy. Like all series, the stories vary in quality... but the characters are compelling and the humor sometimes surprises. The developing story concerns two vampires (who adamantly detest the notion that they should sparkle ;D ) has been great. Fun read!
Janine Spendlove
Another fun book by John G. Hartness! Fast paced, great story, and FINALLY some payoff between two if the lead characters, :)

I only hate that I have to wait until next year for the next one!
Lisa
I thought this book was very good. Once i had time to finish it i couldn't put it down. I defiantly wish John G. Hartness would have made more books in this series. Good series for anyone to read
Eric Jackson
The Knight series is just plain fun. The book stretches no boundaries, but I've always chosen comfort food over hauteur cuisine. Read the series. You can thank me later.
Patrick
Great book. Funny and full of action. I've finished my re-read to be ready for Book 4 that comes out next Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to see where the series goes.
Kriss
Great addition to the series! Fun, campy and with enough nerd-dom to make apologies for all the sparkly vampire induced comas in the genre! Hats off John!
Michael Leffel
Hey there back. hell of trouble follows,

At this point you know the characters, if you liked the first two book you'll love this one!
Lesli
Wasn't a bad read but it seemed more of a book for teenagers.
Sandy
I am enjoying this series more with each book I read.
Ken
Lots of fun to be had here. I really enjoyed it.
JK
I liked it... more thoughts on this later.
Kristin
Review coming soon...
Jack
Aug 10, 2013 Jack added it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
False
John
John marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
  • The Skinwalker Conspiracies (Dead Eye #2)
  • Dark War (Matt Richter #3)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Managing Death (Death Works Trilogy #2)
  • Born of Hatred (Hellequin Chronicles, #2)
  • Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)
  • The Mourning Woods (The Tome of Bill, #3)
  • Dead Mann Running (Hessius Mann, #2)
  • Demon Driven (Demon Accords, #2)
  • Animal Instinct
  • Alone (Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose, #1)
  • The Unicorn Crisis (The Hidden Academy #1)
  • Circle of Enemies (Twenty Palaces, #3)
  • The Demon of Renaissance Drive
  • Hemovore
  • The Wicked Kiss (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #2)
John Hartness is a recovering theatre geek and award-winning poet from Charlotte, NC. He is the author of The Black Knight Chronicles urban fantasy series, featuring snarky, non-sparkly vampires with bad attitudes and comic book collections to rival Stan Lee's!

A graduate of Winthrop University, John has spent twenty years in some form of theatre, from performing and directing to designing and prod
More about John G. Hartness...
Hard Day's Knight (Black Knight Chronicles, #1) Back In Black (Black Knight Chronicles, #2) Paint it Black: 4 (The Black Knight Chronicles) The Chosen Monsters Beware (Bubba the Monster Hunter)

“This isn't Dungeon & Dragons, dude. Just because I'm wearing black doesn't mean I have the Find & Remive Traps skill.” 1 likes